Ralf Rangnick's consultancy role has been scrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I'm disappointed with that if true. Grand if Erik didn't want to work with him but I don't see how an in depth debrief from an intelligent, independent football man like Rangnick on the current set up and squad wouldn't have been of value to him.
Yeah me to, bizzare that he wouldn’t at least want to here what he had to say, learn from mistakes. What ever people think of Rangnick he is a very respected individual why would you not want here what he has to say.
Very weird

Stacks

When did Roy Hodgson do anything like that?
He built up Hoffenheim as well who didnt have that kind of funding.

You might not think his records impressive, but calling him a football nobody is very weird. Especially when the people currently running our club have done nothing at all in the football world.
Would he be a good manager for us? No absolutely not. Would he be an upgrade on our current backroom staff? Absolutely.
ok I was being extreme. its what i do. Roy Hodson got Fulham to a cup final. He has a better resume in Skandinavia than Ralf has in Germany. Got to a European final with Inter. Got to last 16 with Switzerland in the world cup ( they had not qualified for a tournament for over 30 years), guided Finland to their highest ever ranking of 33. He is more esteemed than Ralph

RkkMan

I don’t think he’s a nobody, but Leipzig kicked on when he went because Nagelsmann wanted nothing to do with him. Leipzig also have third most funding in Germany, getting them to being in the top 4 isn’t that impressive given the actual context behind it.

I’m sensing something of a pattern here…
Even Milan wanted nothing to do with him. There's definitely a pattern
https://www.acmilaninfo.com/the-true-reasons-why-ac-milan-pulled-the-plug-on-ralf-rangnick/

Keefy18

I mean, Hoffenheim were the moneybag team before Leipzig were, so again, context changes that too.
Moneybag team?

They barely spent anything in recent years, I think in the last 10 years their biggest spend in a window was like 50m.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Some of the responses in this thread should be against the definition of 'sour grapes' in the dictionary.

Heista

Supports
Ajax
Some thoughts on this:

Ralph isnt exactly objectieve on the team, since he managed them. He has expressed some negativity on the team/players and Ten Hag might not want this to cloud his own judgment.

A consultant might feel like an extra and unnecessary cog in the wheel. He doesnt need and want advise maybe. He just wants to do what he thinks he does best, without 'consulting people'.

(I think PSV and Feyenoord in recent years added a 'consultant' to the staff when the manager was ecperiencing difficulties.)

Ragnick might have had experience in building up some clubs to success, but thats different than returning a giant to its former glory.

Lyng

ok I was being extreme. its what i do. Roy Hodson got Fulham to a cup final. He has a better resume in Skandinavia than Ralf has in Germany. Got to a European final with Inter. Got to last 16 with Switzerland in the world cup ( they had not qualified for a tournament for over 30 years), guided Finland to their highest ever ranking of 33. He is more esteemed than Ralph
I mean the Superliga is no where near the level of Bundesliga and FCK was basically the Bayern of Denmark back then.

That having been said I am not saying Ralf is a better coach than Roy. He isnt. But from a building clubs perspective. Roy hasnt really done any of that.

Also you have to compare to what we have currently. The people currently running the club have no experience what so ever and have achieved nothing.

Stacks

I mean the Superliga is no where near the level of Bundesliga and FCK was basically the Bayern of Denmark back then.

That having been said I am not saying Ralf is a better coach than Roy. He isnt. But from a building clubs perspective. Roy hasnt really done any of that.

Also you have to compare to what we have currently. The people currently running the club have no experience what so ever and have achieved nothing.
that's true. I mean the owners ran a franchise at least. Also what experience did Florentino Perez have as I am certain he was just a media man?

Revaulx

Let’s hope we don’t end up sixth again next season. If we do, we should never have appointed a nobody from a farmers’ league as our saviour.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I can understand Ten Hag wanting to come in with no pre-conceived opinions of anyone. Unlikely that Rangnick would have been complimentary about many of the players

Lyng

that's true. I mean the owners ran a franchise at least. Also what experience did Florentino Perez have as I am certain he was just a media man?
Well running Real Madrid would be significantly easier then running United, at least under our current owners. But I get your point.

The whole Rangnick ordeal is actually one of the clear markers that our current club runners are terrible. Hire the man for the job he is absolutely not suited for and then let him go just before he could be of any kind of benefit to the club behind the scenes.
If it was Ten Hag's wish then fair play.

Stacks

Well running Real Madrid would be significantly easier then running United, at least under our current owners. But I get your point.

The whole Rangnick ordeal is actually one of the clear markers that our current club runners are terrible. Hire the man for the job he is absolutely not suited for and then let him go just before he could be of any kind of benefit to the club behind the scenes.
If it was Ten Hag's wish then fair play.
yeah but they should of told Ten Hag or any new manager that its a condition that you must work with Ralf or whoever we appoint. Typical United really. Just bouncing around

Lyng

yeah but they should of told Ten Hag or any new manager that its a condition that you must work with Ralf or whoever we appoint. Typical United really. Just bouncing around
Absolutely. Otherwise they should have gone for a different interim.

Zen86

Surprised we’ve not signed anyone considering we have Ralfs holy bible of a dossier at hand.

Glorio

ETH: Hi Ralf do you want dropping off in the morning pal?
Ralf: No thanks
ETH: You're getting dropped off bro - I insist

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Surprised we’ve not signed anyone considering we have Ralfs holy bible of a dossier at hand.
But we don't have Ralf to make the phone calls.
They got rid of Ralf because he knew too much and wanted the lazy players sold. He viewed things from a footballing perspective.
The board don't care about on-pitch matters - 4th place is the target. Ralf's strategy was to take us to the top, which did not align with what the board wanted.
Even LVG said the same thing - MUFC is a business.

And to back up what I am saying: The Glazers took out a massive dividend payment today. That's what matters.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Ralph isnt exactly objectieve on the team, since he managed them. He has expressed some negativity on the team/players and Ten Hag might not want this to cloud his own judgment.
Yes....because our players are crap.
Their mentality is the issue.
Jose and Ralf have both stated this. Jose called Pogba a virus that infects the dressing room.

Ralf said that we need around 9 new players and he is 100% correct.
The board have responded by not selling any players and not buying any players.
This is sheer incompetency.

cyberman

Current climate shows how fecking stupid Ralf saying we could sign 10 played in one window really was. Every club sets out to rinse us, it just wasn’t possible.
What a charlatan. Then his leaked targets were 80m players. No wonder Ten Hag Kicked him out

Zen86

They got rid of Ralf because he knew too much and wanted the lazy players sold. He viewed things from a footballing perspective.
The board don't care about on-pitch matters - 4th place is the target. Ralf's strategy was to take us to the top, which did not align with what the board wanted.

And to back up what I am saying: The Glazers took out a massive dividend payment today. That's what matters.
Those evil Glazers. That's why we've hired ETH who is destined to maintain top 4 mediocrity, just what the board want.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Some people on this forum have sadly built Ralf Rangnick up to be some kind of football guru / god.

The truth is he was a bang average coach who won 1 German cup in his entire career and he hasn't really worked for a true giant of the game except us. There's a reason for that chaps.

Stacks

see below. He has never taken anyone to the top. Please stop with this. If anything, his past achievements are perfect for the glazers in just making the CL and not actually challenging for major honours
Some people on this forum have sadly built Ralf Rangnick up to be some kind of football guru / god.

The truth is he was a bang average coach who won 1 German cup in his entire career and he hasn't really worked for a true giant of the game except us. There's a reason for that chaps.
Indeed. its getting annoying

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

And some people do not seem to realise you can suck at one job and be quite good at another.

UpWithRivers

Current climate shows how fecking stupid Ralf saying we could sign 10 played in one window really was. Every club sets out to rinse us, it just wasn’t possible.
What a charlatan. Then his leaked targets were 80m players. No wonder Ten Hag Kicked him out
He said we needed 10 players not that we could get them in one window. Hating Ralf is one thing but why re-write history? Even if he did say get 10 players which he didnt, whats wrong with that? Its a target. Like saying we should aim for the title next season. Sure everyone and their dog knows its impossible but nothing wrong with aiming high. If you aim for 1st you might get fourth. You aim for 4th you might get 6th. We have forgotten to be a big club. We should be aiming to be the best at the very least. We should be aiming to get 10 players. Sure we might get 4 but no need to lie and say we dont need 10 or more.

cyberman

He said we needed 10 players not that we could get them in one window. Hating Ralf is one thing but why re-write history? Even if he did say get 10 players which he didnt, whats wrong with that? Its a target. Like saying we should aim for the title next season. Sure everyone and their dog knows its impossible but nothing wrong with aiming high. If you aim for 1st you might get fourth. You aim for 4th you might get 6th. We have forgotten to be a big club. We should be aiming to be the best at the very least. We should be aiming to get 10 players. Sure we might get 4 but no need to lie and say we dont need 10 or more.
He said we needed open heart surgery, 10 odd players and in the next press conference said he can’t see why it couldn’t be done in one window .

stevoc

Yes....because our players are crap.
Their mentality is the issue.
Jose and Ralf have both stated this. Jose called Pogba a virus that infects the dressing room.

Ralf said that we need around 9 new players and he is 100% correct.
The board have responded by not selling any players and not buying any players.
This is sheer incompetency.
He said we need 9-10 new players over the next 3-4 windows. That's true for most clubs the majority of the time.

stevoc

Has he ever took a club to the top?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He said we need 9-10 new players over the next 3-4 windows. That's true for most clubs the majority of the time.
By 3-4 windows I think that he meant 2 years. 10 players in 2 years is a bit much.

kthanksbye

RR was obviously out of his depth as a manager, that’s not even debatable, but to undermine his achievements is ridiculously dishonest from some of the posters here. A face-to-face meeting with him would’ve done no harm.

See the issue here is that when you compare RR’s achievements against ETH, you could pretty much say the same kind of things about ETH, so who do you trust now? The 3rd party involved here are the other decision makers at the club and I wouldn’t trust them to ride a bicycle.

Don’t want to pass judgements about ETH yet, but personally, I think he’s underestimating the job he has on his hands. RR’s opinion could’ve been useful for ETH.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
See the issue here is that when you compare RR’s achievements against ETH, you could pretty much say the same kind of things about ETH, so who do you trust now?
I'd have more trust in the guy who hasn't already made a complete balls of it personally.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
ETH is in for a rude awakening if he thinks giving the players a clean slate is the answer to our problems. Every manager before him tried that, and all of them failed.

Abraxas

I don't think getting Ralfs brief is remotely important.

I probably would have done it because there's not much to lose, and you can always take your own view and consult others around the club to help shape an opinion.

But it's not as if this document is going to be the holy grail. Managers come and go all the time, you don't necessarily get briefed by sacked managers and Ralfs form was sack worthy. Clearly it all comes from this idea of him as a consultant but he never displayed credibility.

kthanksbye

I'd have more trust in the guy who hasn't already made a complete balls of it personally.
Yet. Not saying he will, but there's nothing to suggest that he wouldn't. At least with RR he's spent time with the players and knows a thing or two about the squad.

phelans shorts

RR was obviously out of his depth as a manager, that’s not even debatable, but to undermine his achievements is ridiculously dishonest from some of the posters here. A face-to-face meeting with him would’ve done no harm.

See the issue here is that when you compare RR’s achievements against ETH, you could pretty much say the same kind of things about ETH, so who do you trust now? The 3rd party involved here are the other decision makers at the club and I wouldn’t trust them to ride a bicycle.

Don’t want to pass judgements about ETH yet, but personally, I think he’s underestimating the job he has on his hands. RR’s opinion could’ve been useful for ETH.
Regardless of Ralf’s background, which isn’t all it’s made out to be from some quarters, it’s undeniable that he played a massive part in how toxic last season got. He was throwing everybody under the bus to try to keep his own reputation.

Ten Hag started talking about leaving Ajax before we even hired Ralf, so it’s far from beyond the realms of possibility that he had his eyes on Old Trafford from then. He was no doubt watching us intently for quite some time even if that wasn’t the case, as once you’re in the interviews stage you need to know what you’re potentially getting yourself in to. He’ll be just as aware as anyone that Ralf burned a hell of a lot of bridges at the club, so why would the new manager want to hear the opinion of such a negative influence (people can say all they want about the players being negative influences, it doesn’t negate that Ralf was at fault for lots of issues too) and have his view clouded? I don’t see how meeting with Ralf could bring any positive at all.

DevilRed

Why would one of the top managers in Europe need advice from a fraud of a sporting director?

We've just come off the worse season in the history of our club, thanks to this fraud of an interim manager.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I've been reading for weeks from the "ProRalf" side that the "AntiRalf" side would throw ETH under the bus as soon as a few bad results go against him.

What seems to be happening now is that the "ProRalf" side are getting ready to throw ETH under the bus for dismissing Ralfs input because they seem to be the ones who are feeling that he is naive to dismiss Ralfs opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.