Ralph Hasenhüttl

NinjaFletch

Crying tears of joy when you, as a Premier League manager, beat a Premier League team, is a bit small time.

ChaddyP

assumed he had a death in the family or something similar as to why he broke down. Are you all suggesting he was reduced to tears just because he won a game against liverpool?

SAFMUTD

What the feck was all that going to his knees and crying about? great result for them but way over the top.

Thought his reaction was so OTT.

my other half, who has no idea who he is, was laughing her head off at his gloves, as she thought RH meant Right Hand :lol:

L1nk

I mean, guy was on the brink of being sacked at one point and being called a fraud, after a tumultuous year thats been hard on everyone he earns a hard fought victory over the manager he admires and has everyone changing their minds about him. Why are people ragging on him for being emotional?

Wayne's World

I like him and warming to the idea of him taking over someday at United. His style of football is mightily impressive which such underwhelming players

mav_9me

They won but wasn't impressed by their performance. Maybe they were under strength.

Andersonson

If its because of winning a home game in a league you're playing in,its weird.

Very weird. But anyway, thanks for the win Ralph!

Jibbs

This guy looks like Klopp lite. Was way too emotional today. We need somebody as cool or nearly as cool as Sir Alex.

Dominos

I mean, guy was on the brink of being sacked at one point and being called a fraud, after a tumultuous year thats been hard on everyone he earns a hard fought victory over the manager he admires and has everyone changing their minds about him. Why are people ragging on him for being emotional?
It's just a bit odd that this game would be the one to push him over the edge.

Pochettino against Ajax made sense to everyone, one of the greatest comebacks we've ever seen, in the last second, to reach a CL final.

This was just a run of the mill mid-season league game that had nothing riding on it... Why would him almost getting sacked after Leicester ever be on his mind leading up to this game in particular?

I don't care but I was very confused at full time, I assumed there must have been something going on in his personal life to bring out that kind of reaction.

Mr Smith

The tears seem a little cringy, but maybe he just put a lot into this game and was exhausted. Either way, he's going to be a man in demand in the summer.

city-puma

With the budget they have, he has been doing amazing stuffs there. His team has many young players and he has building a team with huge potential and promising future.
Even though I worry every time when we play them, I have to acknowledge what he has done to that club is simply amazing. Maybe he will never get the chance to manage an elite club, but I think it’s a huge satisfaction for himself.

passing-wind

I still think that Southampton team individually is below average. He's doing a good job this season.

city-puma

I still think that Southampton team individually is below average. He's doing a good job this season.
The right back, walker-Peter (?), I think very good every time seeing him play. Diallo seems a good prospect as well.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Great coach. After losing 9-0 to Leicester and now look like a team capable of beating anyone.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
When I saw him crying and heard it's the first time he has beaten Klopp I was expecting it to be his first win in 20 attempts or something and thought "Fair enough."

They've faced each other only 5 times. Is it that big a deal?

Tony247

Never seen someone cry cause they're happy?
Pep Guardiola when he won his first Club World Cup for Barca.

Although I agree Hasenhüttl reaction was over the top as if he won a cup game. It seems he regards defeating a champion as some kind of pinnacle of achievements?

RedDevil@84

It is ok if he felt emotional and cried in happiness. Everyone has their own points of happiness. But then he should keep his trap shut asking teams to not celebrate comebacks.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Without watching the game, it does seem a bit weird if it was simply about winning the match. It's not like it was a final or some other massively important match. Wonder if there's something going on behind the scenes (either professionally or personally)?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It is ok if he felt emotional and cried in happiness. Everyone has their own points of happiness. But then he should keep his trap shut asking teams to not celebrate comebacks.
That's not what he said, was it? Or at least, I read that comment as an attempt to praise his own team: 'look at them celebrating; that's the level of opposition we're providing nowadays!' In fact, I don't know how else the original tweet can be interpreted:

I don't know why there is such a desire everywhere to be insulted by things people say. (And then be petty about it for ages! Not just you, obviously.)

NoPace

The tears seem a little cringy, but maybe he just put a lot into this game and was exhausted. Either way, he's going to be a man in demand in the summer.
Crying is healthy, just men are ridiculous and repressed about it. I know I am.

It's wild to me nobody has mentioned the pandemic. I get calls from friends who are even keel as hell normally telling me they've been crying or seem close to anxiety/panic attacks all the time now, that's my actual guess.