Ralph Hasenhüttl

saintquin

Supports
Southampton, Harlequins
Not sure why there was tears but, he had a problem with covid at his house and to me it looked like it was a tears of relief after a hard couple of weeks for him.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Cying men still seem to be somewhat of a taboo, it seems. Crying still considered a kind of weakness that has no place within a certain image of masculinity. Internet warriors carry that image too, I guess, as ridiculous as it sounds.
Oh do shut up. It's not about "masculinity", it's about a Premier League win in January that moves them up to 6th being treated like a Champions League trophy win.

There is nothing wrong with saying it's a weird reaction.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Must be about him beating Klopp, maybe some kind of German rivalry. Nothing wrong with men crying, and if some men don't like men crying or don't cry, well that is their preference, as long as they don't actively try to insult the person by making homophobic slurs or calling them "girly" or any such comment.

tomaldinho1

Must be about him beating Klopp, maybe some kind of German rivalry. Nothing wrong with men crying, and if some men don't like men crying or don't cry, well that is their preference, as long as they don't actively try to insult the person by making homophobic slurs or calling them "girly" or any such comment.
Only one of them is German...

Personally I suspect there's a lot of people on here making out it was a weird reaction who are still annoyed he was linked with Ole's job. Was the same earlier in the season when people were trying to link his style of football to Allardyce, despite almost every stat to the contrary and basic common sense. If he continues to vastly outperform with the squad he has, he will end up at a CL club, it's just a matter of time.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If Klopp and company can celebrate a draw at home to WBA, this guy is allowed is allowed to cry as much as possible if it prevents the scousers from winning the league.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I feel the same. There's no way I want the attention seeking shitcoat Nagelsmann either. Purely because of his attention seeking shitcoats.
Yes Nagelsman's shitty blazers kind of made me think that he's a bit of a flash cnut. I remember United having strict dress code for players back in Fergie's days. Club blazers at airports etc.

Maybe we're just two old men yelling at clouds.

On the topic of Hassenhult, I'm all for men showing emotion, and I'm the first to say I'm not a man's men, toxic masculinity kind of guy so it's got nothing to do with that. Crying after a fairly standard 1-0 win just seems kind of odd.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Only one of them is German...

Personally I suspect there's a lot of people on here making out it was a weird reaction who are still annoyed he was linked with Ole's job. Was the same earlier in the season when people were trying to link his style of football to Allardyce, despite almost every stat to the contrary and basic common sense. If he continues to vastly outperform with the squad he has, he will end up at a CL club, it's just a matter of time.
He isn't German? :lol:
I need to bursh up my knowledge, off late it has been terrible.

Yes, he has been excellent for the resources that he has. But I am not sure if any of the traditional top 4 will take a wager with him, unless Leicester looks at him, after Rodgers departs for a bigger club.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
if you read my email I said fair play to him, I didn't reference him crying. You mention context which was my point, we were 2 nil down and came back and won, we celebrated, he himself referenced it, he felt it was comparable to us celebrating like we'd won the PL, which is a nice way of saying it was a bit OTT. Celebrations in general tend to be ott, his certainly was yesterday,all good though.
Sorry, the comment about crying was in general, not directed at you.

I still read that quote as being all about his team: bigging up United's celebrations to big up his own team's performance, without intending anything negative United. Maybe I'm too positively minded, but it's certainly a nicer mindset to have than the people (others) who are trying to read this as just a dig at United.

Zoo

Ask your players to run around like thugs and nights like this can happen.

lilcurt

I actually like him as a manager but you can't lose 9-0 twice. Losing a man early on isn't a justification.

No Love

Eagerly awaiting the post-match interview with 9-0 enthusiast, Ralph Hasenhuttl.

Acole9

Outstanding
Never understood the fuss around him, so overrated. This was a horror show tonight, second time it's happened under his watch and they're on a bad run.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I'm a fanboy so the mitigation is loads of injuries (likes of Walkers Peters, Romeu, Vestegaard and Walcott are certain starters for them) and well losing a man after barely a minute is just an abnormal event even if it was a ridiculously stupid tackle.

Be interested if any team has ever got even a point from premier league game when losing a player to red card in first 10 minutes but it is very rare. Should've happened in 2010 league cup final as another case study.....yes I'm still bitter. :lol:

Going to be a struggle for them to finish top half now which would be disappointing for them.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'm a fanboy so the mitigation is loads of injuries (likes of Walkers Peters, Romeu, Vestegaard and Walcott are certain starters for them) and well losing a man after barely a minute is just an abnormal event even if it was a ridiculously stupid tackle.

Be interested if any team has ever got even a point from premier league game when losing a player to red card in first 10 minutes but it is very rare. Should've happened in 2010 league cup final as another case study.....yes I'm still bitter. :lol:

Going to be a struggle for them to finish top half now which would be disappointing for them.
Not sure if it was the opening 10 minutes but we had Maniche sent off early vs West Ham in 2006 while we were behind and we went on to win 4-1.

If it weren't for that i'd have forgotten he played for us :lol:

Nick7

Yeah you can’t really blame him. Loads of injuries, an early red. They had a goal disallowed for nothing, and a penalty and a second red given against them for (what I think was) a dive. But you can already see there are people in here absolutely giddy to write a mean post about him on the internet because some people have the audacity to like him as a manager.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
No top manager material suffers big losses like this.

slored1

We were good, but my god were Southampton dreadful after 20 minutes or so. Just gave up completely. Embarassing.

RUCK4444

Never understood the fuss around him, so overrated. This was a horror show tonight, second time it's happened under his watch and they're on a bad run.
This. I said the same when everybody was fawning over him when they were in that good spell.

Complete horror show from them tonight. Could and should have been more than 9 really.

Losing a man early to a red happens and you rarely ever get a result from that situation, it doesn't excuse a 9-0 hammering though. More often than not playing against 10 men usually means it's hard to break the team down as they sit back and keep it tight creating a pressure for the team with 11 men to get a result. Ole is saying the same as I type this.

RedDevilRoshi

Will be interesting to see how they bounce back after another 9-0 defeat.

Cant remember or even think of a manager that has been on the wrong end of x2 9-0 losses

lsd

The Oracle
Will be interesting to see how they bounce back after another 9-0 defeat.

Cant remember or even think of a manager that has been on the wrong end of x2 9-0 losses

Maybe it will help having that expierence before and being better for it. Nothing he could really do tonight about going down to 10 men after 1 minute

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I really rate Hasenhuttl, but no top team should be losing by nine goals, and to have it happen twice is simply inexcusable.
He just doesn't have a plan b for anything, no changing of methods, no shutting up shop, no damage limitation.
Granted they were weakened, and the red card early changes things massively, but scorelines like that shouldn't happen at that level.
I love it.

R77

He deserved that after his post match from last time. Hope he can hear them again.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
His tactics were suicidal. Not sure why the feck would you keep the wings so open despite conceding first 3 goals from the sides. Shaw was terrorizing that right hand side and yet he does nothing. He should have made that change.

Still a huge fan though. Would happily take at United after Ole.