Ralph Hasenhüttl

OleBoiii

I believe Ralph Hassenhuttle was asked if he would comment on last nights game he replied “Nein”
When things were getting hot and heavy out there, we proved to be decent lads when we managed to stop. Nein means nein!

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

As a fellow Austrian I feel a bit bad for him. Always seemed like a decent lad, also as a player.
And probably the first Austrian manager who has the potential to enter the circle of the world‘s elite.

Not sure if big clubs are going to look at him after having been beaten 9-0 two times within 15 months.
I was surprised that he hasn’t really reacted after the first red, it felt as he has been shocked and has had no idea how to react.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Didn't beeb ask him something dumb like "How do you feel?"
One would think journalists would have some common sense
I think he would have loved to say „Geh scheissn“ which is Autrian and means something like „Go and have a shit.“
But not in a nice way like go and sort your stomach out to feel better, more like flush yourself away with the turd afterwards.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
As a fellow Austrian I feel a bit bad for him. Always seemed like a decent lad, also as a player.
And probably the first Austrian manager who has the potential to enter the circle of the world‘s elite.

Not sure if big clubs are going to look at him after having been beaten 9-0 two times within 15 months.
I was surprised that he hasn’t really reacted after the first red, it felt as he has been shocked and has had no idea how to react.
There was nothing to be done . Look at the bench he had

Nlundulu (forward 21 years)
Finnigan (midfielder 17 years)
Harry Lewis (GK)
Forster (GK) thats right- 2 GKs.
Will Ferry(midfielder 19 years)
Tchaptchet (defender 19 years)
Caleb Watts (midfielder 19 years)
Chauke (midfielder 18 years)
Redmond
Feck it- apart from Redmond, I had to Google to understand who they are. Questions has to be raised against the Board for having such a thin squad.

He is a brilliant coach and he has proved everyone what he is capable of. He should just part ways and look for a better opportunity.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
There was nothing to be done . Look at the bench he had

Nlundulu (forward 21 years)
Finnigan (midfielder 17 years)
Harry Lewis (GK)
Forster (GK) thats right- 2 GKs.
Will Ferry(midfielder 19 years)
Tchaptchet (defender 19 years)
Caleb Watts (midfielder 19 years)
Chauke (midfielder 18 years)
Redmond
Feck it- apart from Redmond, I had to Google to understand who they are. Questions has to be raised against the Board for having such a thin squad.

He is a brilliant coach and he has proved everyone what he is capable of. He should just part ways and look for a better opportunity.
To be fair, this is insane. He's achieving quite a lot with kids while Arteta having trouble winning one single game with stars like Auba, Leno, Luiz, Laca or even Pepe.

12th position in the league afer half of the season at first glance looks like over-achieving. They win their game in hand and they're levelled with Arsenal.

romufc

It's a head turner for sure but with context - weaker team, literally half the first team out, entire game with ten men and then three goals scored with 9 men - I think it's illogical to then say City 5-0 Liverpool or Spurs 6-1 United isn't just as much of a shock (if not more) because a few less goals were scored.
I am saying they are all shocks. Well the game against Spurs should be given context too. No pre season, Pogba had covid and was coming back and we played 70 minutes with 10 men too.

Bojan11

Losing to 9 men with 20 minutes to go, not only that but they were losing to one of the teams that are in awful form. Not impressed with him @horsechoker.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Losing to 9 men with 20 minutes to go, not only that but they were losing to one of the teams that are in awful form. Not impressed with him @horsechoker.
I'm sure you can isolate a small game sample to dick on any manager.

Sure 9-0 is a different kettle of fish but they aren't reflective of his tenure as Southampton manager. Nor is tonight.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Actually, I'm surprised by the comments as if we are talking about a rich club with lot of players on bench where he can change things instantly. He don't even have a team for plan A let alone plan B. What exactly are you expecting for him to be considered as a success?

Mike Smalling

Feel a bit bad for him and Southampton actually. It might be a bit of a Klopp excuse, but the pitch today made it impossible for them to move the ball around quickly and break down Newcastle, when they went down to 10 and 9 men. They were only left with pumping crosses into the box without much success.

Hope he turns it around for them - especially since we have already played them twice.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
He's got some grovelling to do again to the owners. 8 losses in 9 league games since they beaten Liverpool on the 4th Jan, including another humiliating 9-0 defeat in that time. How does this survive this and can he pick up this group of players again? Has to beat Sheffield United on Saturday as they have City coming up after that.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Needs a bigger squad for his style of play, still a fan of his just going through a bad patch.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Just heard they’ve got 1 point from 27, shit didn’t think it was that bad there

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I did say somewhere on this forum he'd be next to be sacked, got him at 25/1 (same week rumours of Klopp leaving)

Josh 76

He's got some grovelling to do again to the owners. 8 losses in 9 league games since they beaten Liverpool on the 4th Jan, including another humiliating 9-0 defeat in that time. How does this survive this and can he pick up this group of players again? Has to beat Sheffield United on Saturday as they have City coming up after that.
He will walk into a job if Southampton are stupid enough to sack him.

Klopp has lost 6 or 7 games in the same time, don't think he will need to be grovelling to the owners.

And before you say he has won this and that, Hasenhutti hasn't got the resources that Klopp has.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Just heard they’ve got 1 point from 27, shit didn’t think it was that bad there
Really poor form to be honest that, Juande Ramos got sacked after getting 2 points out of a 24. Wonder whether he will make it to the end of the season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He will walk into a job if Southampton are stupid enough to sack him.

Klopp has lost 6 or 7 games in the same time, don't think he will need to be grovelling to the owners.

And before you say he has won this and that, Hasenhutti hasn't got the resources that Klopp has.
They are only 7 points above Fulham. If they're not careful they'll get dragged right into that relegation battle. Pretty sure he's the only top flight manager to have two 9-0 defeats on his record? That's really not good.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
They play Sheffield next week, If they don't win that then things are going to look really bad for them.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
They are only 7 points above Fulham. If they're not careful they'll get dragged right into that relegation battle. Pretty sure he's the only top flight manager to have two 9-0 defeats on his record? That's really not good.
Next 3 games are sheff Utd and Man City away and then Brighton. Could look dodgy after those 3

tomaldinho1

Really bad run for them but I can't see them sacking him. They started so well that where they are now is probably seen as disappointing even though he took them over as a relegation team and has lost Hojberg since that without much spending. I think they'll be ok and PL survival is everything for them considering squad quality, depth and their budget.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Their form since that win vs Liverpool is very poor. 9 games, 1 point. 5 goals scored and 25 conceded.

Caesar2290

I backed him as one of my candidates to take over from Ole. Surprised to see him doing so poorly.

I think it's a combo of that 9-0 drubbing we gave them plus his paper thin squad not compatible with his high energy pressing style(similar to Bielsa).

I still believe that the jury is out on him if he can take over United and be successful here. We'll see if he has that United mentatity aka bouncing back when the odds are stacked against you. And Sheffield is a perfect test for that.

Would hate to see him go to Arsenal, Tottenham or Everton. He would improve them immediately.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The latest in a growing line of 'he presses so he must be a top coach' types that the cafe just loves to fall in love with

Acole9

Outstanding
I agree, he's so overrated on this forum. Losing 9-0 twice in the top flight isn't a coincidence.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Southampton really should be in a relegation fight to be honest, their squad isn't exactly good is it?

take JWP and Ings out of that team and they are bang average all over.

If anything it's been Hassenhuttl's pressing that actually got them to be recognised as a half decent side. Not their quality that's for sure.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I agree, he's so overrated on this forum. Losing 9-0 twice in the top flight isn't a coincidence.
I think fans tend to overrate managers joining from the Bundesliga.

Overall, I think he's a good organiser but the fact that he's lost 9-0 twice in consecutive seasons is a massive massive black mark against his credentials.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why is losing 0-9 so significant. Whether you lose 0-1 or 0-200 you still get the same amount of points. It's of course better for the GD, but that matters maybe once every 5 seasons.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why is losing 0-9 so significant. Whether you lose 0-1 or 0-200 you still get the same amount of points. It's of course better for the GD, but that matters maybe once every 5 seasons.
9-0 is a big embarrassment to be fair. I agree it doesn't really matter that much though, I'd prefer to lose 9-0 once but grind out good results in 5 other games rather than lose 1-0 five times and win the other game 5-0, of course. We lost 6-1 to Spurs while down to 10 men and it seems almost meaningless now.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
It happening once you can maybe say it's a bad day at the office. But two in consecutive seasons is worrying.

Sarni

Southampton really should be in a relegation fight to be honest, their squad isn't exactly good is it?

take JWP and Ings out of that team and they are bang average all over.

If anything it's been Hassenhuttl's pressing that actually got them to be recognised as a half decent side. Not their quality that's for sure.
Half of the league has awful squads. I mean Crystal Palace are above them and their team is dire as well, so is Wolves' after Jimenez got injured, Burnley just below them have very little talent as well and everyone below them is even worse when it comes to quality.

Sarni

It happening once you can maybe say it's a bad day at the office. But two in consecutive seasons is worrying.
Both times they were playing almost full game with 10 men. It only means they are incapable of playing well while down to 10 men, which is true for nearly all teams.

The 1 point in 9 games is much more concerning than 9-0. Even that loss to Newcastle who were down to 10 men for half of that game was more concerning than 9-0 was.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Since that Liverpool game their form is 0-1-8. It’s pretty horrific going there. I think Walcott is the only major injury at the moment too — they just need to start grabbing points where they can. They’re in total free fall at the moment.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
9-0 is a big embarrassment to be fair. I agree it doesn't really matter that much though, I'd prefer to lose 9-0 once but grind out good results in 5 other games rather than lose 1-0 five times and win the other game 5-0, of course. We lost 6-1 to Spurs while down to 10 men and it seems almost meaningless now.
Not when your playing with 10 players for 90 minutes, and conceding 3 of those when you are playing with 9 players.