Ralph Hasenhüttl

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I don't understand why this thread is only active after good results against top sides :confused:

They are playing good attacking football in nearly every match and of course the result is not always a win because they only have the 15th best squad in my opinion (Burnley, Brighton & Hove, Sheffield, West Bromwich and Fulham have a worse squad).

Southampton should really enjoy his time there because sooner or later Hasenhüttl will coach a much bigger and better club (And yes i would sack Solskjaer tomorrow for him).
This again for both reasons :lol:

jamesjimmybyrondean

If United came knocking he'd leave them within seconds. Just like Poch left to go to Spurs, no brainer.
Agreed..

His goal was always to coach at the highest level and at United he would get that opportunity. He would jump at the chance to join United IMO and the earlier he comes, the quicker he assesses the problems in the squad which would give himself a advantage.
If this is actually the case then we have to approach him but feck me you just know he's not even in the list

Paul_Scholes18

I thought he would get the sack almost a year ago after that 9-0 game. Although they have totally bounced back and are now playing brilliant football.

Could they do a Leicester and go all the way? Probably not, but top 4 might be possible if they can perform over christmas.

Needham

I'd take the odd 9 nil shafting if it meant getting back to the top.

wolvored

I've said on other threads that he would be my no 1 choice. If he can get a tune out of saints, imagine what he could do here with a bigger budget and on paper anyway, better players

Sparky Rhiwabon

That 9-0 was obviously a complete freak result, similar to our 6-1 loss against Spurs or Liverpool's 7-2 loss against Aston Villa. These are not the matches to judge those managers.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've said on other threads that he would be my no 1 choice. If he can get a tune out of saints, imagine what he could do here with a bigger budget and on paper anyway, better players
If he took our more talented players and just brought the same level of coaching and style of play that he's had at Southampton, he'd have made a huge impact here already and the fans would love him.

It's an absolute no brainer for me and would probably get Woodward a bit of kudos with the fans in the long run (initially there would be complaints of another manager being sacked under him in Ole).

I think there's 2 or 3 that could potentially have a similar impact.

Last edited:

Idxomer

There's a clear difference between how a team like Villa performed in early games and Southampton, the former is pretty much like a lite version of United when the team is performing well but with only one class individual, there's nothing special in the way they move the ball and how they're set up.

When you watch Southampton on a run, you notice the effect of the manager instantly, not one or two players who are making most of the difference. The team's position isn't the end-all in assessing their performance which is the mistake United has done repeatedly over the last 7 years.

Okey

More I think about it, probably the best option for United, having already made a mark here in the Prem. I'd take him over Poch. Just sad Uncle Ed isn't known for making such obvious good moves

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
It would probably be looked upon as a bit knee-jerk by critics, considering he is top of the league at the moment. But looking at his carrier so far, I dont think it would be.

He has done really well for several years considering the resources he has had. Question would be how he would handle a big club. Well, we have tried a few who have had success at big clubs. This time, we should rather look for the most qualified candidate and someone who is a cultural fit. And we should probably realize by now that merits/honours dont tell us who is the most qualified candidate.

RUCK4444

The fact Southampton are top of the league says more about how strange this season is with the lack of pre-season and fans than it does about them or many of the teams below them.

Well done to them for finding some form amongst the mess though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The fact he's got them top of the league and playing great football kind of kills any possible argument there is for what we're witnessing here. Woodward should be taking notice.
He won't

RedNed77

Ralph Hassenhutl as next United manager, how the standards have fallen.
#OleOut crowd, am I doing this right?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Ralph Hassenhutl as next United manager, how the standards have fallen.
#OleOut crowd, am I doing this right?
Yes, we should rather hire someone who has a great CV (defined as won titles with unlimited budget or in league with poor competition ten years ago) but who would be a terrible fit for both the squad and the club.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Another good point with Hasenhuttl is that he plays a type of football very similar to a few young, talented coaches (Rose, Nagelsman etc).

Lets face it. It is not very realistic to hope that we will get a coach who sticks around for ten years. That makes it even more important to find a coach who creates something our next coach/manager can build upon. I think that is part of the secret of Bayern. They have changed coach a lot the past ten years, but managed to be consistent.

That has been a huge problem for us. From Moyes to van Gaal to Mourinho. It makes no sense at all.

RedNed77

From.. Ole Gunnar Solksjaer :lol:
Yes, we should rather hire someone who has a great CV (defined as won titles with unlimited budget or in league with poor competition ten years ago) but who would be a terrible fit for both the squad and the club.
I think you and the rest of the guys in here are almost right. But rather than thinking of the next appointment as permanent manager, we should just look to replace the manager each week/month with whoever is highest up the league and not called Pep or Jurgen. Can’t see how it could go wrong myself.

Judging a manager based on how he did over the course of a season is stupid, temporary form and instant gratification is where it’s really at.

Skills

Snitch
He's probably the most fun manager in the league. I'd be up for this

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Judging a manager based on how he did over the course of a season is stupid, temporary form and instant gratification is where it’s really at.
People who like Hasenhuttl probably jugde him based on what he has done the past two years. Quite a few was fans from his time at Ingolstadt.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
People who like Hasenhuttl probably jugde him based on what he has done the past two years. Quite a few was fans from his time at Ingolstadt.
Points since 0-9 Leicester defeat

1. Liverpool 81
2. City 67
3. Southampton 60
4. Tottenham 59
5. United 57

Southampton with 1 more game played, but still quite outrageous.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

1. Liverpool 81
2. City 67
3. Southampton 60
4. Tottenham 59
5. United 57

That's really good.

Cloud7

Whichever big club eventually takes the punt (probably Spurs or Chelsea) will be rewarded.

No chance we'd be looking at him though. Woodwards probably never heard of him.
This is so very true. That's why I'm so surprised that names like Rose and Nagelsmann have actually been mentioned as potential candidates for us. Not that I expect them to be in the running, but even the mention of their names surprise me. Woody and co. seem very much like if something isn't in front their face, they'll be unaware of it. Really hard to imagine them taking any notice of managers outside of the PL six, Barca and Real, Bayern and Dortmund, Juve and the Milan clubs.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

1. Liverpool 81
2. City 67
3. Southampton 60
4. Tottenham 59
5. United 57

How many games is that?

It took him a approximately a year to make them play the way he wanted. I think it was the same thing with Spurs under Pochettino and LFC under Klopp. That would be tough year at a club like Man Utd.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Southampton looked extremely good after restart last season and has carried their form this season. Its not a fluke that they have been good this season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

1. Liverpool 81
2. City 67
3. Southampton 60
4. Tottenham 59
5. United 57

That's a ridiculously good record with a very limited squad.

Skills

Snitch
How many games is that?

It took him a approximately a year to make them play the way he wanted. I think it was the same thing with Spurs under Pochettino and LFC under Klopp. That would be tough year at a club like Man Utd.
And Solskjaers had two years now with 100s of millions, where's he's still failed to make his mark. He's still in a job as far as I can tell

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
How many games is that?

34 for City and United, 36 for Southampton, 35 for the rest.

I agree, I think the high press style requires quite sometime to implement successfully, but the good thing is that they do not necessarily require top class individuals, besides maybe center backs that are good on the ball and goalkeepers that can sweep.

Maybe a bit off topic, but I also really like the Salzburg manager (Jesse Marsch). Most of the current and former Red Bull coaches (and also Rangnick) are more or less very competent in implementing the high press and focus on collectivism.

Judas

Open to offers
The reality is people are only just taking notice now because they're top, when he's been quietly going about his business doing well there for months.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
One month ago, the table looked like this:

1. Liverpool 74
2. City 60
3. United 53
4. Tottenham 52
5. Southampton 50

So I'm going to say one month.
Come on, his squad and first XI is probably bottom 5 material. They effectively bought 3 players and lost Hojberg, and that squad had like 8 points after 11 games under Hughes. Those are pretty much the same players.