Ralph Hasenhüttl

Abraxas

If they sack him, they go down and never come up again. You simply can't be a successful PL club with that level of investment over many years.
Really? Why is Ralph the only man around that can do a job at Southampton?

They're a candidate to go down at some point regardless, that's the level of club they are. They'll either be plucky underdogs that punch above their weight, or they'll have a shocker at some point.

Blood Mage

He knows how to coach a team to press but has nothing else about him other than that. A bit like Rangnick.

arthurka

He knows how to coach a team to press but has nothing else about him other than that. A bit like Rangnick.
He has been dealt shit cards there is no investment in this club, he has been doing a great job with what he has been given.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Two pals and I drew up three-man list of first sackings this season: he was top of mine! Not going to reveal number two as it now looks more than a little silly!

BerryBerryShrew

He's a good coach who has consistently been fecked over by the board who have basically attempted to asset strip the team in past seasons.

The funny thing is that I actually quite liked their transfer activity this summer: trying to pick up quality underage players (mainly from Citeh) like a PL Dortmund. It would have worked well if a side like West Ham had employed it because they already have a good core of a team to "absorb" the inexperience and inconsistencies of youth. However, pitching youngsters into a team with JWP (who himself is overrated) and absolutely nothing else worthwhile in it may not pay off regardless of who is in charge.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He's a good coach who has consistently been fecked over by the board who have basically attempted to asset strip the team in past seasons.

The funny thing is that I actually quite liked their transfer activity this summer: trying to pick up quality underage players (mainly from Citeh) like a PL Dortmund. It would have worked well if a side like West Ham had employed it because they already have a good core of a team to "absorb" the inexperience and inconsistencies of youth. However, pitching youngsters into a team with JWP (who himself is overrated) and absolutely nothing else worthwhile in it may not pay off regardless of who is in charge.
Ole next for them then!

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
About time.

Cue worldwide celebrations, the beginning of a new era of prosperity, and an end to all global conflict.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
He has done a pretty good job with them. Seems a decent chap too

But yeah you could see they were probably due a change

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He has done a pretty good job with them. Seems a decent chap too

But yeah you could see they were probably due a change
has he? 16th, 11th, 15th, 15th, 16th and now sitting 16th again.

We had one of the worst PL seasons imaginable last year and still finished only a point behind them. The narrative that they don’t spend money is weird too.

only one season under him do they have a positive net spend and in his first two years they spend 60m+. This year particularly they have spent 70m and have received nothing for players.

Vapor trail

Been average will be interesting to see who they replace. Lopetegui supposedly of interest from Wolves there could be a few in the league after him.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Its a weird one. As people say, some of his final league positions are shocking but always felt like when his teams were playing well they were brilliant.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If you ever need the football definition of "flatters to deceive" then Hassenhuttl is it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
has he? 16th, 11th, 15th, 15th, 16th and now sitting 16th again.

We had one of the worst PL seasons imaginable last year and still finished only a point behind them. The narrative that they don’t spend money is weird too.

only one season under him do they have a positive net spend and in his first two years they spend 60m+. This year particularly they have spent 70m and have received nothing for players.
Yeah it's an interesting one - like without checking the data even i would have just thought/assumed his league finishes were higher than those listed, which isn't that great at all.

Then I also hold this perception that he's done well in terms of "what he's been allowed to spend" - which you're sort of debunking. His spend/net spend would be interesting over his tenure, compared to the other clubs.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm shocked they didn't wait until they play us next. Seems to be the in thing to do

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Sometimes it feels like clubs are just hiring for the new manager bounce. Very few coaches seem to last long.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Was always gonna happen at some point but ultimately I think they'll regret it. Despite the occasional spankings he kept that dreadful squad overperforming for years. Unless they start spending I don't see them in the Prem in two years time.
Relegation threatened clubs with shit squads should snatch him up immediately if they get the opportunity. Definitely a good manager to keep teams playing above their expectations.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Was always gonna happen at some point but ultimately I think they'll regret it. Despite the occasional spankings he kept that dreadful squad overperforming for years. Unless they start spending I don't see them in the Prem in two years time.
Relegation threatened clubs with shit squads should snatch him up immediately if they get the opportunity. Definitely a good manager to keep teams playing above their expectations.
Agree with this. They have a shocking squad and I think he has done well to keep them competitive.

If they get the appointment wrong, they will go down, because they are certainly bottom three in terms of quality.