Ralph Hasenhüttl

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Probably deserved, but I do feel that Southampton squad is poor. They haven't spent well at all

tomaldinho1

Kept them up and continued to keep them up despite losing any half decent player they had. JWP in Jan maybe for us given our dire need for a bit more bite and creativity from deep.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’m not sure they’ll do any better than him. If they were serious at all about moving up the table they’d have given him some money.

Leg-End

Their transfer strategy has basically been buy some players at about £12 million and see what sticks, lack of quality reinforcements and the tale of you get what you pay for in the premier league.

They will do well to stay up.

Remember the geese

Nathan Jones of Luton heavily linked. I'd have liked to see them attempt to be creative. Probably out of the question but perhaps try to tempt Marcelo Gallardo or Ruben Amorim. Or just bring back Poch. Bielsa would be fun.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Feels like one of the harsher sackings in recent years.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Probably deserved, but I do feel that Southampton squad is poor. They haven't spent well at all
They've got some very exciting young players...Lavia started the season very well but then got an injury that kept him out for two months and their creativity has suffered. Joe Aribo in right system is decent aswell.

Ultimately comes down to poor quality in attack and defence...Che Adams is the only forward who can score and he still misses endless chances and not sure why Caleta-Car hasn't played much since signing.

They remind me so much of us under Lambert a decade ago, some exciting potential in a few positions but ultimately too easy to score against and if you're too green in those areas it's just a relegation battle.

Nathan Jones has done brilliantly in two spells at Luton but he was also a disaster at Stoke so a real gamble if he accepts their approach.

MUnchies

Kept them up and continued to keep them up despite losing any half decent player they had. JWP in Jan maybe for us given our dire need for a bit more bite and creativity from deep.
We absolutely have creativity from deep. Martinez, Casemiro and Eriksen are all great on the ball and can make killer passes. JWP isn't better than any of them on the ball except set pieces, so why go get him?

We don't even need more midfielders in January, our issues mostly are our forwards in the final third.

CallyRed

Replacing him with Nathan Jones is bizarre. He's done a decent job at Luton with the resources they have. But I wouldn't say he would be the name that came to mind as a replacement.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Replacing him with Nathan Jones is bizarre. He's done a decent job at Luton with the resources they have. But I wouldn't say he would be the name that came to mind as a replacement.
It really is a bizarre appointment.
To me Ralph was one of the better coaches in the PL. Having lasted for so long speaks for itself.

OrcaFat

I have an agenda against this guy because I always thought he was overrated and got free passes all over the place.

And also because he claimed credit for beating us one time by revealing his ingenious tactic of pressing when AWB got the ball which showed a total lack of class.

His team never really played that well and from a top half team he’s taken them backwards. Media never gave him much heat even after losing 9-0 twice. I disliked him and thought his sacking was overdue.

But since I really don’t like him, I have to ask myself if I’m being unfair to the guy. Probably I am. It’s Southampton after all.

But honestly, who cries after winning an insignificant game, as if he’s achieved a miracle? He’s so me me me. That said, good luck to him. Twit.

criticalanalysis

I have an agenda against this guy because I always thought he was overrated and got free passes all over the place.

And also because he claimed credit for beating us one time by revealing his ingenious tactic of pressing when AWB got the ball which showed a total lack of class.

His team never really played that well and from a top half team he’s taken them backwards. Media never gave him much heat even after losing 9-0 twice. I disliked him and thought his sacking was overdue.

But since I really don’t like him, I have to ask myself if I’m being unfair to the guy. Probably I am. It’s Southampton after all.

But honestly, who cries after winning an insignificant game, as if he’s achieved a miracle? He’s so me me me. That said, good luck to him. Twit.
No one can deny that you didn't tell us how you really feel :lol:

phelans shorts

I think you might need to revisit where they were when he was hired. They were a lock to get relegated.

He’s overachieved with that side I’d say. If he’s had involvement in recruitment then he definitely takes his part in that blame, but the squad is so poor. Probably isn’t a bad call to freshen things up mind, not sure Jones is the man to get them going though.

OrcaFat

I think you might need to revisit where they were when he was hired. They were a lock to get relegated.

He’s overachieved with that side I’d say. If he’s had involvement in recruitment then he definitely takes his part in that blame, but the squad is so poor. Probably isn’t a bad call to freshen things up mind, not sure Jones is the man to get them going though.
I basically forgot about everything that happened between Koeman and him. My bad. I still think he got an easy ride but, I admit my dislike of him has affected my judgement. He annoys me so much.

Abraxas

He was always more style than substance. But is this guy from Luton really any better? He was terrible at Stoke. I don't look at him and see an obvious upgrade on Ralph. It's just a hopeful punt.

NoPace

There seems to be something about narrow midfield formations that works well in Germany and some other countries that doesn't work in the Prem. Gerrard, Hassenhuttl and Ragnick all struggled this year and last and even though Leeds look good and they're 5th bottom in GD and 6th bottom in points even though Rodrigo Moreno has 9 in 13 for them.

Skills

Snitch
Their fortunes haven't changed at all since they sacked him. It was worth rolling a dice, but he seemed decent at picking the team up after embarrassing/poor results. They can't seem to get out of this rut they're in atm

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Their fortunes haven't changed at all since they sacked him. It was worth rolling a dice, but he seemed decent at picking the team up after embarrassing/poor results. They can't seem to get out of this rut they're in atm
They have a terrible squad. The couple of 9-0’s seemed to make him a bit of a laughing stock but he kept a side very low on quality competitive. I think he was doing a great job when you look at their squad list.

Getting rid of him has sealed their fate.

Skills

Snitch
They have a terrible squad. The couple of 9-0’s seemed to make him a bit of a laughing stock but he kept a side very low on quality competitive. I think he was doing a great job when you look at their squad list.

The thing is how always managed to get them to bounce back from those results. That's usually a tenure ender for most managers, but he had this ability to pick them up after their many bad results. Weird guy

phelans shorts

Giving him the boot made me switch from they’ll probably just about survive to absolute no hopers.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nathan Jones was an odd appointment really. His short Southampton spell is just mirroring what happened to him at Stoke.

Southampton gone from probably floating around 15th-18th most of the season to now firmly establishing themselves in 20th. Not like they've had hard fixtures either since he came in.

I think he'll be sacked in next few weeks.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Nathan Jones was an odd appointment really. His short Southampton spell is just mirroring what happened to him at Stoke.

Southampton gone from probably floating around 15th-18th most of the season to now firmly establishing themselves in 20th. Not like they've had hard fixtures either since he came in.

I think he'll be sacked in next few weeks.
If he is, I'm not sure Luton would take him back a second time. They seem to be going quite well at the moment.

RopersReturn

Southampton weren’t going anywhere under Ralph’s stewardship, but then the squad isn’t particularly gifted either. I’d be furious with the director of football and scouts if I was a supporter.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Was it the correct decision?

ti vu

Was it the correct decision?
Look like no.

They hoped the change would give them some boost. In truth, their squad is bad, so it's a damage control job for any managers in charge.