Ramsey to Juve on a free | Agrees £400k a week deal!

Brophs

The One and Only

This one has us written all over it. We’ll pay him ridiculous money to be bang average.

ErranMorad

Taking a chance by not signing a contract is a huge risk for an injury prone like him. I guess he is after a massive sign on and an exorbitant wage package.

Hope we are not in for him. He is not that good and gets injured a lot.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
This has Juve written all over it. They can't resist a free transfer.
He'll probably get over his injuries and do well there too.

izec

Can only see him going to Liverpool in the PL. Dont think City want him.

Juve or PSG outside of the league

Yagami

Good post resistant
I was going to say I can't see us being in for him but if we sell Pogba then I guess I could see it happening. Still, it'd be a proper downgrade.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Injury prone and questionable ability? Let's give him a contract that means we can never offload him

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Pogba's replacement innit?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Reported by David Ornstein

crossy1686

career ending
Fergie would have taken a punt but he'd also have managed him well. He'd get a run out in the big games, probably Champions League, and generally do a good job.

He's not been the same since his injury and I don't trust the current regime not to finish him off. We've become a graveyard for talent.

Devil may care

I think his next move will be down like it was for Wilshire, none of the big teams need him, he's not good enough as a CM or a #10 to be worth bringing in.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think his next move will be down like it was for Wilshire, none of the big teams need him, he's not good enough as a CM or a #10 to be worth bringing in.
That doesn't make sense though. He is playing regularly and has been offered a new contract. He isn't turning it down to go play for a weaker team.

Wilshere left because he was told he would be benched. Ramsey clearly isn't being benched.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think he's more in the Barkley / chamberlain category He'll get a top 6 club.

Devil may care

That doesn't make sense though. He is playing regularly and has been offered a new contract. He isn't turning it down to go play for a weaker team.

Wilshere left because he was told he would be benched. Ramsey clearly isn't being benched.
He wouldn't be the first player to play hardball or have a big ego and then find out that not as many clubs were interested as he thougth, look at Aubameyang, that's part of the reason he's stuck at Arsenal despite a brilliant scoring record for Dortmund, Ramsey is an ordinary player, nothing more or less and doesn't have a great inury record either.

Jev

I'd take him. He's been playing out of position for most of his career but as a no. 8 midfielder he's top-class.

limerickcitykid

He wouldn't be the first player to play hardball or have a big ego and then find out that not as many clubs were interested as he thougth, look at Aubameyang, that's part of the reason he's stuck at Arsenal despite a brilliant scoring record for Dortmund, Ramsey is an ordinary player, nothing more or less and doesn't have a great inury record either.
Then he will sign with Arsenal or lower his demands to find another big club. He isn't stepping down to a mid-table club when he already has Arsenal offering big wages and loads of playing time. There is zero logic to that.

Ramsey's scoring output is better than ordinary anyway.

Needham

No for me. Would spoil our good relations with Stoke fans.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Goood decision from us. He is fitting nowhere in Emerys system (4-2-3-1).
He isn't a playmaker and tactically he isn't good enough for the two spots in front of the defense.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'd take him. He's been playing out of position for most of his career but as a no. 8 midfielder he's top-class.
Isn't his defensive awareness in CM atrociously bad?

Devil may care

Then he will sign with Arsenal or lower his demands to find another big club. He isn't stepping down to a mid-table club when he already has Arsenal offering big wages and loads of playing time. There is zero logic to that.

Ramsey's scoring output is better than ordinary anyway.
Then that's probably what will happen, he'll realize that the grass isn't greener and he'll end up signing a new deal with them, either that or Spurs will collect him to add to their British quota as Dele cover.

His scoring output is nothing special and his play as a CM or #10 isn't anything to write home about either, he's an ok player, we have plenty of ok players on huge wages and at least 3 holes that need fixing in this side, more if we sell Pogba, the last thing we need to do is add an average CM/#10 that we don't need on enormous wages.

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We shouldn't go near this

GeorgieBoy

Weird with Ramsey.
There was the season a few years ago where he was immense and being touted really highly but clearly an anomaly rather than the rule.

POF

I think he's very talented but has a suspect attitude. The injury he got against Stoke was a bad one but he acted like a complete baby through that process.

I think in the right club he could be an outstanding player. There is real talent there. He could be a really good pick up for someone - in a similar way to Oxtail Chamberpot at Liverpool. Under Fergie at United he could have been great. Maybe not so much under the current regime.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
Will get laughed at for this but I feel he would be perfect in Sarri’s 4-3-3, would score a shedload in that system

Reactions: golden_blunder

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Probably has turned down 150 -200k contract. Means we have to pump above that . Not worth it

limerickcitykid

Then that's probably what will happen, he'll realize that the grass isn't greener and he'll end up signing a new deal with them, either that or Spurs will collect him to add to their English quota as Dele cover.

His scoring output is nothing special and his play as a CM or #10 isn't anything to write home about either, he's an ok player, we have plenty of ok players on huge wages and at least 3 holes that need fixing in this side, more if we sell Pogba, the last thing we need to do is add an average CM/#10 that we don't need on enormous wages.
He got a goal or assist every 107 minutes last season, that isn't ordinary as much as you keep saying he's average. In fact his scoring was miles better than Pogba's.

I never said we should sign him. Your claim that he'll move to a weaker club like Wilshere was ridiculous and I called it out.

Devil may care

He got a goal or assist every 107 minutes last season, that isn't ordinary as much as you keep saying he's average. In fact his scoring was miles better than Pogba's.

I never said we should sign him. Your claim that he'll move to a weaker club like Wilshere was ridiculous and I called it out.
They play more attacking than us but that doesn't mean he's anything special, and assists in particular are a very dodgy stat as a misplaced shinner can count as one, and it's another example of why stats are not a great basis for argument as Ramsey is clearly nowhere near as good of a player as Pogba.

I said he'd move to a lower club like Wilshire if he leaves because I don't think any of the bigger clubs will want him, nothing ridiculous about that, the other alternative is he just signs a new deal, which is still the most likely outcome IMO.

Robbie Boy

He has to be one of the most insanely overrated players I've ever witnessed. Yeah he's scored a-few goals but eh, he has feck all else going for him. He's one of those players that has to shoehorned into a side to get the best out of him and he is nowhere near good enough for a top side to do that.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I’d take him for sure, but we need to learn our lessons about attracting players on silly money. Make him a good offer, but not a stupid one.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He can't do anything to do a particularly high standard but occasionally has goalscoring flurries. Aaron of all trades. Awful start to the season too.