Randal Kolo Muani

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Get this lad in and Kamada on a free and sack off the Kane and Mount pursuits.

Frankfurt have no European football as well, so that could help any buying club.
They definitely have - if they win the cup final, they will play in the EL, if they lose they will play in the ECL due to their league position

Brightonian

He is quite clinical, but he also knows when it is better to lay off to someone else and/or make space for them. Someone like Rashford would love to play with him. His assists are even ore impressive than his goals in the BL and that's simply because Frankfurt has some more clinical finishers who profit from having him on the team.

And don't get his description wrong, just because he sometimes appears on the wing doesn't make him a winger. What he does is more about movement and interchanging positions so that a winger can get in goalscoring positions, but he doesn't really play on the wing, he just is a quite mobile CF.
I hear what you saying but I don't think we need that. We already have players who interchange positions. We need a proper CF who will stay put and bang in goal after goal. Rashford doesn't need anyone to make room for him; his goals come best when playing off a proper striker who makes room for him by being in the box.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
They definitely have - if they win the cup final, they will play in the EL, if they lose they will play in the ECL due to their league position
Ah, ok. I forgot about their cup final. Saw they were just outside on flash score table. Should have dug a bit deeper in that one.
Kane is better than this guy by a mile though.

Kamada is also nowhere near good enough for the PL.
I have always been of the opinion that kane won't go this summer, so it's more about wasting time.

What makes you say that?
Then we're limited with who we can sell. Meaning we have to keep some rubbish homegrown players
Not really. I think we have about 10 non home grown players we'd be interested in keeping. The limit is 17 if I remember correctly..

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I hear what you saying but I don't think we need that. We already have players who interchange positions. We need a proper CF who will stay put and bang in goal after goal. Rashford doesn't need anyone to make room for him; his goals come best when playing off a proper striker who makes room for him by being in the box.
Yeah, I don't really disagree here. While I think it could work great with RKM I also do think that United don't necessarily need that kind of mobility from their next CF and could work well with a different profile as well.

redcucumber

I just can't see Kane or Osimhen moving, so it's about what else is out there. I'd rather we go for this guy or Ferguson over the likes of Ramos and Jonathan David. It's going to take a huge effort to get a forward this summer it seems.

aeh1991

Muani is exactly the CF type we gotta avoid. Let Bayern spend 100m on him to realise he is a flop.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He’s also turning 30 and will cost significantly more. Swings and roundabouts.
He'd be worth £100m (Kane). This guy, no idea, and the reported figures aren't cheap.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He’s also turning 30 and will cost significantly more. Swings and roundabouts.
15 goals in the Bundesliga is like 8/9 in the PL and he's not cheap either.

Huge gamble. I'd prefer somebody we know guarantees you goals personally. We can't afford to keep getting these moves wrong.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
There is no such thing as a fixed league conversion factor for goals. If there was, Haaland wouldn't have scored more in the PL than in the BL. This point is among the most stupid on this forum and there are A LOT of stupid points made here.

croadyman

I just can't see Kane or Osimhen moving, so it's about what else is out there. I'd rather we go for this guy or Ferguson over the likes of Ramos and Jonathan David. It's going to take a huge effort to get a forward this summer it seems.
Yeah totally agree

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There is no such thing as a fixed league conversion factor for goals. If there was, Haaland wouldn't have scored more in the PL than in the BL. This point is among the most stupid on this forum and there are A LOT of stupid points made here.
It's not an exact science obviously but anyone who is being touted for 80m upwards needs to be scoring more goals than that in such a poor league

Kane all day for me. He's world class and proven.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It's not an exact science obviously but anyone who is being touted for 80m upwards needs to be scoring more goals than that in such a poor league

Kane is a proven bottler *scnr*

But I agree that the price tag rumoured for RKM isn't really justified by his quality, but exists just because of his long contract.

croadyman

Yeah he is but will he push for move

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Kane is a proven bottler *scnr*

But I agree that the price tag rumoured for RKM isn't really justified by his quality, but exists just because of his long contract.
His record suggests he's anything but a bottler. It's his team mates and club that bottle it. Kane's record holds up against anybody really.

mu4c_20le

His record suggests he's anything but a bottler. It's his team mates and club that bottle it. Kane's record holds up against anybody really.
Yeah only thing he's bottled are the contract negotiations and for trusting his dumbass brother.

MadMike

Huge gamble. I'd prefer somebody we know guarantees you goals personally. We can't afford to keep getting these moves wrong.
So Haaland who scored 22 league goals in Bundesliga should be on about 15 goals for the season based on that analogy right? Is that how it works?

No transfer is guaranteed success. Kane included. He will want a 4 year contract on 350k pw and Tottenham are likely to ask for 100m from us. Overall, he’s likely to cost at least £50m than Muani over the duration of their respective contracts if we include salaries. And while he’s certainly more likely to be an instant success than Muani it’s still far from certain that he’ll justify the money and there’s no guarantee he’ll have the longevity to make him worth the investment.

There’s big risks with both transfers.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I've seen him play a couple of times and one thing I'm sure of is he will lose the ball a lot if he comes to the pl. He's also probably the least clinical and unnatural of the strikers we've been linked with

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I've seen him play a couple of times and one thing I'm sure of is he will lose the ball a lot if he comes to the pl. He's also probably the least clinical and unnatural of the strikers we've been linked with
Is the reason why he will lose the ball a lot because his first touch is shit or because he dribbles a lot?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is there a thing that impressed you in the couple of times you watched him?

RkkMan

So Haaland who scored 22 league goals in Bundesliga should be on about 15 goals for the season based on that analogy right? Is that how it works?

No transfer is guaranteed success. Kane included. He will want a 4 year contract on 350k pw and Tottenham are likely to ask for 100m from us. Overall, he’s likely to cost at least £50m than Muani over the duration of their respective contracts if we include salaries. And while he’s certainly more likely to be an instant success than Muani it’s still far from certain that he’ll justify the money and there’s no guarantee he’ll have the longevity to make him worth the investment.

There’s big risks with both transfers.
Any man and his dog could see that Haaland was a beast plus he had a proven CL record something RKM doesn't have
We've also had our hands burnt too much with Bundesliga attackers. Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Sancho then there's Havertz/Werner who flopped in the PL too. Simply don't trust big money attackers from there unless they're absolute anomalies like Haaland

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
One of the big reason why these Bundesliga attackers tend to fail in other leagues is because lot of Bundesliga teams tend to play very high line regardless it's the mid table, top team, or even the low table. This is a massive advantage for their attackers and that means they haven't been coached to play in tight spot and a league where they might not even have time and space on the ball. Haaland is different because you can see that he is physically made for PL and his movement and finishing ability in the penalty box is one of the best in the world. Obviously, it's going to be another high risk signing if we spend the big money on this guy. We will see. He's pretty decent in the air though.

bringbackbebe

Any man and his dog could see that Haaland was a beast plus he had a proven CL record something RKM doesn't have
We've also had our hands burnt too much with Bundesliga attackers. Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Sancho then there's Havertz/Werner who flopped in the PL too. Simply don't trust big money attackers from there unless they're absolute anomalies like Haaland
Still not sure if Haaland is an anomaly or Guardiola makes him one. They scored slightly fewer goals this season with Haaland than last. They dominated top teams previously as well but with Haaland, they have had the clinical edge in finishing off teams when needed, something they stumbled to occasionally do previously. Time will tell.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Aguero and Torres all scored less in Spain than they did in England. Salah was even the greater anomaly between his Series A and EPL goals rate. So the goal rate transfer theory isn't what its cracked out to be. One should be way more interested in how a player transfers to the physicality and pace of play and to the system the coach buying them uses.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Havertz hasn't flopped at all tbf. He is scoring at the exact same rate he did in Germany.

Care_de_Bobo

Aguero and Torres all scored less in Spain than they did in England. Salah was even the greater anomaly between his Series A and EPL goals rate. So the goal rate transfer theory isn't what its cracked out to be. One should be way more interested in how a player transfers to the physicality and pace of play and to the system the coach buying them uses.
This is a good point. I also feel like PL defending is very overrated, I can't remember many worse eras in terms of defending based on either the individual quality of players or teams overall.

The teams that are able to grind out wins in the PL usually do so because they have mastered time wasting rather than being that great defensively.

Doracle

These are forwards who have played for Eintracht Frankfurt over the past few years:

Sebastian Haller - scored 15 BL goals in 18/19 aged 24. Moved to West Ham for £45m. Scored 10 in 48 in the PL. Sold for £19m.

Luca Jovic - scored 17 BL goals in 18/19 aged 21. Moved to Real Madrid for c £50m. Scored 3 in 36 in La Liga. Sold for free to Fiorentina.

Andre Silva - scored 28 BL goals in 20/21 aged 25. Moved to Leipzig for £20m. Has scored 15 in 64 in the BL since.

Kolo Muani - scored 15 BL goals in 22/23 aged 25. Linked with a £105m move to Manchester United…

DevilRed

These are forwards who have played for Eintracht Frankfurt over the past few years:

Sebastian Haller - scored 15 BL goals in 18/19 aged 24. Moved to West Ham for £45m. Scored 10 in 48 in the PL. Sold for £19m.

Luca Jovic - scored 17 BL goals in 18/19 aged 21. Moved to Real Madrid for c £50m. Scored 3 in 36 in La Liga. Sold for free to Fiorentina.

Andre Silva - scored 28 BL goals in 20/21 aged 25. Moved to Leipzig for £20m. Has scored 15 in 64 in the BL since.

Kolo Muani - scored 15 BL goals in 22/23 aged 25. Linked with a £105m move to Manchester United…
You forgot Weghorst's record :nervous: :)

Idxomer

I doubt anyone is paying 100m for him.

His record as a striker isn't that good and he has the same problem a lot associated with Martial of not being a natural striker.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Kolo Muani on his future: “I’ve still a long term contract here at Eintracht, there’s no rush”.

“That’s why there’s still a chance for me to stay and become Bundesliga’s golden boot here next season.”

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If we pay big money for a 1 in 2 Bundesliga striker, with all the available evidence that it's a shit idea, I think I'll scream. :(

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich