Randal Kolo Muani

kaku06

Underrated player. I like him a lot. Hope we sign him.

Bojan Djordjic

We need two forwards next season. I think this guy could be a good option.

Looks a handful, scores and assists.
He'd be way too expensive for a second forward option. If we buy an Osimhen/Kane calibre player, there's no way we could afford him too.

croadyman

He'd be way too expensive for a second forward option. If we buy an Osimhen/Kane calibre player, there's no way we could afford him too.
Yeah should either get Thuram on free or if he does enough and price isn't huge keep Weghorst

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
How much would he cost I wonder
Don't start thinking about anything under 50m. Frankfurt has to do a major rebuild in the summer because some players will leave or are looking for a transfer, and those players (for example Kamada) will only have one year left in the summer. Kolo Muani has a long term contract, Frankfurt really will not want to sell him.

Vapor trail

I'd take him over Kane, I know Harry is a monumentally better player but unless the fee is less than 50 million his age profile is a serious concern. The spine of the team Eriksen / Casemiro / Kane would essentially need replacing within a short period of time and the club potentially miss out on younger alternatives which could factor a longer term contribution to the club.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He impressed me at the World Cup as well.

Thuram seems a bit meh in comparison.

Bojan Djordjic

I think your'e right but he should be on our shortlist. No saying we get Kane or Osimhen.
Is he an actual centre forward though. Anytime I really see him play he looks like more of a wide forward which we have loads of. Really need that focal point 9 in the team. Personally, would prefer Osimhen and then some left-field striker like Pedro at Flamengo who's balling out this year and shouldn't be nearly as expensive as any of the European prospects.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Is he an actual centre forward though. Anytime I really see him play he looks like more of a wide forward which we have loads of. Really need that focal point 9 in the team. Personally, would prefer Osimhen and then some left-field striker like Pedro at Flamengo who's balling out this year and shouldn't be nearly as expensive as any of the European prospects.
He definitely is a center forward, but you are right that he isn't that physically imposing classic 9. Considering his usual movements he tends to be a bit to be a false 9.

NYAS

Don't start thinking about anything under 50m. Frankfurt has to do a major rebuild in the summer because some players will leave or are looking for a transfer, and those players (for example Kamada) will only have one year left in the summer. Kolo Muani has a long term contract, Frankfurt really will not want to sell him.
Kamada will be free in July this year.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Some seem to mock him for that miss in the WC final but he had an excellent impact.

avgp_1

Looks in terrific form at the moment. His finishing last few games is on a whole different level to what it was at the start

Supports
Barcelona
People blaming him for Martinez making a brilliant save!! :rolleyes:

He took the shot perfectly.

Dannn411

In my opinion, He's our best bet at a forward signing in the summer. We will be priced out of Osimhen and Kane is going to extend with Spurs.

UpWithRivers

50 mill for him + 80 for Kane will probably be around the same price as Oshimen. Seems like a good double signing to me

croadyman

In my opinion, He's our best bet at a forward signing in the summer. We will be priced out of Osimhen and Kane is going to extend with Spurs.
Don't fancy Vlahovic/Ramos then,convinced Sesko won't leave for a couple of seasons

kaku06

50 mill for him + 80 for Kane will probably be around the same price as Oshimen. Seems like a good double signing to me
Yes, that’s exactly the strikers I want us to buy rather than spending 130m on Osimhen. Buying these two would sort us out short term and long term. Also, bin Martial if we can. The guy is as reliable as Phil jones these days.

Dannn411

Don't fancy Vlahovic/Ramos then,convinced Sesko won't leave for a couple of seasons
Don't fancy Vlahovic personally and given Chelsea's experience, Benfica is going to make anyone who wants Ramos overpay. Also think Kolo Muani offers a lot more than Ramos. Think Kolo Muani offers the best combination of affordability and someone who looks built for the PL and will adapt quickly.

PSV

I like the idea of this guy being our striker, but always a risk involved signing players on their first purple patch.

I think having a striker that's just as likely to assist as to score would be lovely considering our other attackers.

Bondi77

I think we will move for Johnathan David and he is making noises about wanting to come to England next season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You're all in dream land if you think we're spending 150m on strikers. Muani would likely be the only signing.

Remember the geese

We need two strikers in my opinion. I also can't see us signing this guy in addition to Ramos, Kane, Osimhen, or whoever else would cost huge money. Perhaps the perfect compromise would be signing Muani and snapping up Benzema on a free. However, the latter will probably sign a new deal with Madrid.

footballbite

I think we will move for Johnathan David and he is making noises about wanting to come to England next season.
He's not that good, if he moves to the Premier League it should be to someone like Palace or Wolves.

This is the kind of striker we should be after.
He doesn't really seem like that much of an out-and-out striker though; he's one of those more wide forward types who excels on the counter attack and running in behind, like a not as good Rashford basically. But with Utd already having Rashford, he wouldn't add much.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He doesn't really seem like that much of an out-and-out striker though; he's one of those more wide forward types who excels on the counter attack and running in behind, like a not as good Rashford basically. But with Utd already having Rashford, he wouldn't add much.
I disagree, but just a bit. I think it makes sense to compare the heatmaps to get a better understanding for where players are active, Sofascore has some nice ones:
https://www.sofascore.com/player/randal-kolo-muani/871706
https://www.sofascore.com/player/marcus-rashford/814590
https://www.sofascore.com/player/erling-haaland/839956

You are right that Rashford and Kolo Muani are somewhat comparable, while Haaland for example definitely has a different skillset (looking at their attribute overview). The heatmaps show that Rashford usually plays wide and sometimes moves inside, while Kolo Muani is a bit all over the place, so there definitely are similar and quite different to Haaland, who always stays in the center.

But I disagree that Kolo Muani would be useless because you have Rashford. Rashford never looked that comfortable to me when he actually played in the center while obviously he is happy to run into the center from wide positions. Kolo Muani is a very good partner for such players as his movement and passing opens up spaces and creates assists for exactly this kind of runs.

croadyman

Not against him if we could get something a bit crazy like Benzema for a year when his contracts up because that's takes pressure off