Random footballers from years gone by that you remember for no reason...

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm partial to the odd player with some kind of cool foreign surname, but cursed with a really naff British first name.

Danny Cadamarteri
Nigel Quashie
Clive Mendonca

kudiak

Supports
Semen Padang FC
Jaroslav Plasil
Jerome Rothen
Peguy Luyindula
Thomas Mandl
Darren Huckerby

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Chris Marsden. Never looked like a Premier League footballer. I mean that literally. He looked like a kindly old milkman. Or like a referee who had snuck on to a football team.

But heavens to Betsy the referee in footballer's clothing got away with it as recently as 2004/05, before embarking on a career as Mike Dean.
This is more like it!

NewYorkRed

Obviously there’s tons, but for whatever reason the first name that popped up in my head after reading the title was Obafemi Martins. Decent player in real life and an absolute monster in Fifa. Scored so many blinders with him back in the day.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Darren Ferguson started the first 15 matches of our 1st Premier League title win. It's never talked about how Sir Alex's son was involved that much. Kind of hard to believe.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Tomislav Piplica.

Because of maybe the funniest goal I've ever seen (I couldn't find a good video with live commentary unfortunately).

The way he just falls backwards still cracks me up haha

Foxbatt

John De Wolf, Dutch football player. He played for The Netherlands in that WC qualifier against England and the British commentator said De Wolf, the Wolf Man. These days he would probably have been suspended for comparing someone to an animal.