Random goalkeepers you remember

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Who are some 'random' goalkeepers that you always remember for some reason or no reason at all?

Gabor Kiraly - Iconic grey tracksuit bottoms

Ricardo - Winning two penalty shootouts against England. One he took his gloves off to save from Darius Vassell.

Rustu - Face paint

Vito Baia

Canizares - Big blond hair

Jussi Jaaskelainen - The name

Stig

Gary Sprake letting the ball go underneath him in the FA Cup Final, and then becoming a teacher and working at the same place as my sister.

Harold_Giles

Jorge Campos - Mexican goalkeeper who always seemed to be wearing really colorful jerseys. I liked that as a kid.

MarkCanuck

David Harvey. For some reason I remember him conceding a goal from a Mick Mills free kick just inside the Leeds half. I swear that the free kick was given just inside the Ipswich half but Mills moved it forward. I can never find anything about it though so there's a good chance I'm misremembering.

Eli Zee

Seaman because of his name and long hair. I was young at the time

alanjohnson

Ed de goey - that late 90s chelsea side was probably my favourite team outside of our own...i can still remember their starting line up. They were such a cool team. de Hoey just stood out obv because of how he looked. you'd never imagine him being picked for anything growing up, but he was reliable and respected in that team.

Rustu Recber - turkish keeper. He came out in the middle of the pitch kung fu kicked keiron dyer in the face. he was a strange character.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Our ricardo who saved like 2 penalties and cant remember anything relevant from him apart from that. Im sure he didnt play more than 3 games for us

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Ruud Hesp
Ed de Goey
Antonioli
Michael Rensing
Fabian Carini
Nigel Martyn

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Manuel Almunia. I’m really not sure why, maybe it’s the hair, maybe it’s games against Barca...

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Fabián Carini, who seemed to be a very intriguing prospect back in the day. Rather unfortunate in the sense that Juventus had zeroed in on Buffon as the replacement for van der Sar, so 21 year old Carini didn't get a fair shake and went on to have a journeyman career (including a spell at Internazionale following a straight-up swap deal that included future Ballon D'or winner Cannavaro). Anyway, here's him squaring off against prime Ronaldo in the 1999 Copa América final, at the age of just 18...

https://www.emol.com/noticias/deportes/2001/05/07/54115/carini-debiera-atajar-en-juventus.html

Also, Oscar Ustari (U-20 World Cup winner with a Messi-led Albiceleste), René Adler (contender for the German #1 position after Lehmann's retirement) and Marcos (bit of a forgotten man these days but won the Copa Libertadores + World Cup + Copa América in the late '90s to early 2000s).

Devil81

Gary Walsh pretty certain he started in the Nou Camp when we got a 4-0 mauling.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Bernard Lama - was he good at saving pens or something?

Avero

Cláudio Taffarel
Igor Akinfeev
Dave Beasant, I think he finally retired now

Devil81

Brad Friedel

Was a disaster at Liverpool but then turned into a brick wall at Blackburn and Spurs.

Jerzol78

De Goey. Mostly because its Dutch pronounciation sounds in Polish as "dick" but more vulgar. And it was funny to see how Polish commentators tried not to pronounce it correctly :)