Steven Gerrard | Rangers Manager

Deleted member 101472

Gerrard up front, with McAlister and the under 18s in behind

ZAGREB RED

They are trying to replace an Under 20 team manager who has little experience with an Under 18 team manager with even less experience. He might last longer than the last Celtic supporting Scouser they employed, who knows.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Pure hubris from him if he decides to go there. He has next to no experience of management.

Deleted member 101472

Given an opportunity at a great club and he is going to turn it down? He will gain the experience. I hope he fails massively though.
Rangers are no longer a great club and without major, major financial overhaul they never will be again.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Given an opportunity at a great club and he is going to turn it down? He will gain the experience. I hope he fails massively though.
On what basis does he think he'll be successful? He barely has a year's worth of experience managing u18s. And Rangers as a club are fecked.

Jamie L

Supports
Liverpool
Seems crazy to me at this stage. I would've thought he'd do better learning from Klopp and his staff, then working his way up. Could be a bit of a poisoned chalice. He only turned down MK Dons a few months back.
I s'pose he's ambitious but still, it's not as if he hasn't got time to learn where he is now.

ZAGREB RED

Rangers are no longer a great club and without major, major financial overhaul they never will be again.
Any self-respecting manager wouldn't touch them with a barge pole just now, even lifelong fan and former player McIness turned them down recently.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
On what basis does he think he'll be successful? He barely has a year's worth of experience managing u18s. And Rangers as a club are fecked.
It is experience that he can learn. Doesn’t matter whether or not he has enough experience. The only way to gain experience is to get out there and test yourself.

TinFoil

They need new investment but the no longer a great club stuff is pish. 50,000 in the 4th tier is something you'd never see in England.

Deleted member 101472

They need new investment but the no longer a great club stuff is pish. 50,000 in the 4th tier is something you'd never see in England.
I’m sure if any of the teams who have 50,000 seater stadiums went through a similar plight as rangers did, the fans would get behind the team for a season at least, just like rangers fans did.

Go on their forums and tell me they are still a great club. What happened to them was deserved, and although detriment to the Scottish game, it fecking ruined them and without a miracle financially, they’ll fade into the history books once and for all.

Addled

So the offer from Rangers went something like..
Well Steven, you are a proven winner with a winners mentality. This is exactly what we need at Rangers to help us finish second!

Last edited by a moderator:

TinFoil

I’m sure if any of the teams who have 50,000 seater stadiums went through a similar plight as rangers did, the fans would get behind the team for a season at least, just like rangers fans did.

Go on their forums and tell me they are still a great club. What happened to them was deserved, and although detriment to the Scottish game, it fecking ruined them and without a miracle financially, they’ll fade into the history books once and for all.
1. Think we're the only ones in England that could. Arsenal fans are too entitled and Liverpool fans would boycott and cry conspiracy.

2. All football forums are polluted with lunatics that want a gaffer sacked after every game where points have been dropped, they are irrelevant to what makes a club.

Gasolin

Does Gerard have any coaching credentials? Did he pass his certifications?

ZAGREB RED

He is being urged by the likes of Shearer and Souness to take this "opportunity" as he will be able to attract top players to the club - with what exactly ? They have no money and will need to get rid of all the duds the last clown brought in. Agree withBrendan Rodgers though, the way they are treating Murty is shameful, he stepped in to a complete clusterfcuk and has done pretty well under the circumstances.

Peanut Butter

You’d have to pay me millions to move to an absolute shitehole like Glasgow.

Saying that, doesn’t Gerrard live in Toxteth?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Just because I hate him doesn’t mean I can’t give an opinion on whether it is a good job for him to take. Just trying to have a grown up discussion instead of derailing the thread by saying how much I don’t like him.
Trying to maintain a mature discussion involving Stevie G on forum frequented largely by Man Utd fans, is like sticking your head inside the jaws of a shark and politely asking him not to bite down. A fruitless endeavour.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Trying to maintain a mature discussion involving Stevie G on forum frequented largely by Man Utd fans, is like sticking your head inside the jaws of a shark and politely asking him not to bite down. A fruitless endeavour.
Not really because all I was stating was that it would be stupid to turn an opportunity like this down just because “he may not have the experience necessary”.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Pure hubris from him if he decides to go there. He has next to no experience of management.
By that logic so many managers should not accept so many job offers. Moyes comes to mind. Of course people will take opportunities given to them if they fancy them, not least if they've got belief in themselves. I don't think a "I'm not good enough" mentality serves anyone well.

Not that I expect him to become a managerial revelation, mind.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
By that logic so many managers should not accept so many job offers. Moyes comes to mind. Of course people will take opportunities given to them if they fancy them, not least if they've got belief in themselves. I don't think a "I'm not good enough" mentality serves anyone well.

Not that I expect him to become a managerial revelation, mind.
You have a point, but Moyes earnt his stripes at lower division Preston North End. Although I suppose the SPL is not far above that level these days.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You have a point, but Moyes earnt his stripes at lower division Preston North End. Although I suppose the SPL is not far above that level these days.
Yeah, sometimes you can get an opportunity for a shortcut and it pays off. I'm more surprised by Rangers approaching him, but who knows, maybe they'll get 3 good loans from Liverpool as a dowry.

Bwuk

Would be a stupid move by Gerrard.

Rangers can’t compete with Celtic, they need to spend money they don’t have to get anywhere near them.

Destined to fail if he takes that on.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Just because I hate him doesn’t mean I can’t give an opinion on whether it is a good job for him to take. Just trying to have a grown up discussion instead of derailing the thread by saying how much I don’t like him.
Why don't you fecking marry him then