Steven Gerrard | Rangers Manager

Andersons Dietician

Bit of a 50/50 appointment. Do Rangers even have the money to compete with Celtic or is Stevie going to have to pull some rabbits out of a hat. It would be a good job for him if this was Rangers before administration but from the sounds of it the club as a whole is just broken. Could be one hell of a learning experience.

Baxter

They’re miles off Celtic, up to their eyes in debt and a have a massively deluded fan base. This will end in tears for Stevie. :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Probably been said 100x before but if anyone knows how to stop Rodgers winning the league it's Steven Gerrard wahay..

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I don't imagine any fan would expect a title in first couple of years so the goal of being more competitive and increasing rangers stock is a reasonable one.
Well it depends on how good Celtic are. If they smash it like in 2016/17, then fair enough. But equally they’ve been there for the taking twice in the last three years and competent management would have had a title by now. Getting competitive, pushing up towards 80+ points and getting a win over Celtic is where fans will want him to be in 12-24 months time.

FireballXL5

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike a person more, he goes and becomes the manager of Rangers.

ZAGREB RED

Surprised it actually happened in the end, the delay made it look unlikely but if he has received assurances about money to spend, where is it coming from, they have none.

kentafuji

Don’t follow them at all, are they in the CL next season? If so, hope we get them.
No, They are 3rd currently so Europa League for them. Only the SPL winners get CL football, and even then its qualifying rounds only

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
No lose situation for SG for me.
Those that count will know that this job is extremely difficult and it would take a magician to actually overhaul Celtic given the circumstances. If he can even narrow the gap and maybe win a domestic Cup it will be great credit to him.
If he fails then it will just be put down to the club being a basket case.
FWIW I can see him doing quite well with a selection of veterans and kids that he has had dealings with in the past joining him and giving their enthusiastic fanbase something to shout about.

Deleted member 101472

He’ll have a tough job attracting players and getting them to take a wage cut. You’d have to think Gerrard will be making a fairly sizeable amount to agree to take over that Vermin.

Just when I thought I couldn’t hate that club anymore, then go and appoint one of my least favourite ever players who has legendary status at my second most hated club.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
No, They are 3rd currently so Europa League for them. Only the SPL winners get CL football, and even then its qualifying rounds only
Could still finish 4th as well depending on how results go. If they're 3rd they'll be in the very early stages of the EL.

Deleted member 101472

@Gio

Any truth to what my mates are telling me that the investment coming into the club is being bankrolled by FSG?

poleglass red

wee Barry "I love Rangers so much I left them twice" Ferguson said that the club needs 10 new players for next season. Wee Barry of course is prone to exaggeration, but they do sure need a major overhaul. I see wee Charlie "sit up king" Adam has said he'd be interested in coming back to them, of course Charlie has a sweet left foot matched and probably surpassed only by his sweet tooth. Gerrard working on the principle of the only way is up, be careful what you wish for. You'll probably see a few loans from Liverpool to try and steady the ship next season.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
A shithouse club with a shithouse new manager

Marriage made in heaven - I give him 6 months

Deleted member 101472

4 year deal signed. It’s going to be very interesting to see where the money is coming from, because right now they couldn’t afford to pay him his salary up front.

Minimalist

Can't wait for the Rodgers/Gerrard mind-games.

David Brent vs Danny Dyer.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Don't see what he could do wrong tbh. Won't be expected to win the league and will always end second or third if he doesn't completely feck it up.

Deleted member 101472

I assure you all, he will be expected to win the league.

shaky

I assure you all, he will be expected to win the league.
Not next season. Rangers fans will be happy with clear 2nd place, an Old Firm win, and a bit more of a title race, but they're (mostly) not delusional enough to expect anyone to turn it round in 1 year.

Jacko21

Not next season. Rangers fans will be happy with clear 2nd place, an Old Firm win, and a bit more of a title race, but they're (mostly) not delusional enough to expect anyone to turn it round in 1 year.
This is from the club who upon promotion back to the SPL, were expecting an immediate title challenge.

Glasgow is a goldfish bowl, the pressure on Gerrard will be huge.

Deleted member 101472

Yes, yes they are.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Yes, yes they are.
Yep - I'm surprised at people who think he can get away with finishing second. Even if they see a vast improvement, play amazing football and lose the title on goal difference, he'll still face incredible scrutiny. Not meaning he'll be sacked or anything - but football in Glasgow is basically win or bust. If you don't win you're a failure.

Green_Red

Start a pool on his sacking?

Im going Feb '19. One good home defeat to Celtic should do the trick but no doubt itll be kilmarnock or someone that gets him the sack.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Guardian:

“I am honoured to become the next manager of Rangers,” Gerrard said in a club statement. I can’t wait to begin writing this new chapter in Rangers' long six-year history, and also to start patronising young players. I definitely won't bugger off to a real club at the first sign of success, which is inevitable; after all, I am Gerrard. "

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
:lol: "Welcome to my world, " says football's elder statesman:
F365 said:
The Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers expressed his delight at the prospect of coming up against Gerrard next season. “I am sure he will be looking forward to his first job and like I say, I am happy that he now enters into my world of coaching and managing,” he said

TinFoil

Night and day between that gerrard press conference and the murty ones.