Rangers/Slavia Prague incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Honestly this racism thing is getting out of hand, if a player does it publicly then I agree he should be punished but if its a thing between players Im sure way worse things are said on the pitch and nobody gives a feck.
What’s an example of something that would be worse verbally on the pitch than racially abusing an opponent?

Last edited:

Murray3007

If he was beaten up in the stadium, that means his teammates didn’t even protect him. Just shows what a snidey twat he is.

I wouldn’t kick Slavia out of the tournament though. That would be absolutely unfair on the rest of their players and fans. Big fine and season ban for the guy should do. We’ll see if he continues to be racist after being without a club for 1 year, because Slavia definitely wouldn’t keep a player who can’t play.
heard he was punched from behind by one of the Rangers players, dont no how much truth is in it but sure it will come out at some point, dont think he was beaten up as reported earlier.

RashyForPM

heard he was punches from behind by one of the Rangers players, dont no how much truth is in it but sure it will come out at some point, dont think he was beaten up as reported earlier.
Fair enough then, but if he was punched from behind, surely the Czechs would have lamped the Rangers player/players? Not even being stereotypical, but these people don’t mess about. If there was no big scuffle, and yet again, I don’t see any sign of one, that means even they knew that their teammate was a racist bellend.

Murray3007

Fair enough then, but if he was punched from behind, surely the Czechs would have lamped the Rangers player/players? Not even being stereotypical, but these people don’t mess about. If there was no big scuffle, and yet again, I don’t see any sign of one, that means even they knew that their teammate was a racist bellend.
maybe there was, heard they were locked out there dressing rooms for 30 mins after the game for some weird reason, also Gerrard and the uefa delegates witnessed it all, so will see what comes out of it. would be very shocked if with 2 mins to go in a game they have won and playing against 9 men, that the captain of a club has went up and made a racist comment to a player, do they even speak English over there ?

RashyForPM

maybe there was, heard they were locked out there dressing rooms for 30 mins after the game for some weird reason, also Gerrard and the uefa delegates witnessed it all, so will see what comes out of it. would be very shocked if with 2 mins to go in a game they have won and playing against 9 men, that the captain of a club has went up and made a racist comment to a player, do they even speak English over there ?
That’s a very good point. Players obviously should not be racist to each other even if they were 9-0 down, but aside from how twatty it is, it would just be counterproductive to do that when the game couldn’t be more over than it was. Maybe he just said something horrible, but not race related. We’ll see indeed.

RUCK4444

Again not saying its ok, but Im sure there's plenty of racism towards asians, latins, and all other minorities and still you dont see those players complaining as much.

Most teams have multiple races in the squad, I highly doubt some of those players who share a pitch with their black team mates is genuinely a racist without that being a massive problem in the squad. Its a mental trick, trying to get into your opponents head, but hey we are living in a fragil world today Im sure many will say that its not valid.
Wow

Deery

Dreary
Racist is not okay in anysense we all agree on that. I just think its was used in this particular situation to moan with the referee trying to get advantage out of it.

I mean if the player is really insulted by that surely he would have got to the player directly instead of running to the referee.

Again not saying its ok, but Im sure there's plenty of racism towards asians, latins, and all other minorities and still you dont see those players complaining as much.

Most teams have multiple races in the squad, I highly doubt some of those players who share a pitch with their black team mates is genuinely a racist without that being a massive problem in the squad. Its a mental trick, trying to get into your opponents head, but hey we are living in a fragil world today Im sure many will say that its not valid.
feck me!

Pickle85

Honestly this racism thing is getting out of hand, if a player does it publicly then I agree he should be punished but if its a thing between players Im sure way worse things are said on the pitch and nobody gives a feck.
Racist is not okay in anysense we all agree on that. I just think its was used in this particular situation to moan with the referee trying to get advantage out of it.

I mean if the player is really insulted by that surely he would have got to the player directly instead of running to the referee.

Don't know where to begin here...these have to be two of the worst posts I've ever seen here. At least we agree on 'this racism thing...getting out of hand now', though I think we're coming at that from wildly different perspectives.

1. So you're condoning racism if it's not public and just a thing between players?

2. If the racially abused player has a go directly at the abuser instead of going to the referee (as he should do) then that makes his grievance more legitimate?

3. What makes you think there's as much racism directed towards Asian players and Latino players? And even if there is (which I doubt), does that make this situation any better?

4. Just because you work in a multi-racial workplace means you can't be racist?! That's just an even less convincing twist on the 'I'm not racist, I have a blank friend' argument.

5. 'It's a mental trick': a disgusting one that should be punished. Even if that's the case that does not make it ok. 'We live in a fragile world': yeah...bloody snowflakes being offended by racism, right?! Typical liberal nonsense thinking that racist abuse should be stamped out...

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
“This racism thing is getting out of hand.”

Then proceeds to be an apologist for it. :lol:
I have to laugh or I’ll just cry

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Do they speak English in Prague/ the Czech Republic?

Considering its the world's most widely spoken language, I'd imagine a lot more players speak English than speak any of the other world languages.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
unless it comes out on a mic then how can you punish anyone ? who's to say he aint just gave him some other abuse, Rangers kicked them all over the park and even the incident where it kicks off the rangers player should have saw red for the stamp, Players cover there mouths almost every game now.
What did you think of Suarez's ban?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

Considering its the world's most widely spoken language, I'd imagine a lot more players speak English than speak any of the other world languages.
I mean, this hardly needs a response, but just in case anyone's that naive, of course they do. They learn it in school.

Source: former English teacher in Prague, me. :lol:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I mean, this hardly needs a response, but just in case anyone's that naive, of course they do. They learn it in school.

Its such a weird question.

We're talking about the world's number 1 language, not Afrikaans. And we're talking about the Czech Republic, a wealthy country in the heart of Europe, not Myanmar.

Of course that individual player may well not speak it or speak it well but I'm not exactly surprised if a Czech man in his 30s can speak at least some level of English.

red4ever 79

Its such a weird question.

We're talking about the world's number 1 language, not Afrikaans. And we're talking about the Czech Republic, a wealthy country in the heart of Europe, not Myanmar.

Of course that individual player may well not speak it or speak it well but I'm not exactly surprised if a Czech man in his 30s can speak at least some level of English.
As a resident in the Czech Republic, I dont know where you get that idea from.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
:houllier:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

:lol: I taught English in Slovakia too. Obviously he doesn’t know how international a city Prague is. As a location for filming it’s probably unparalleled in Europe

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Also children in kindgeraten here now are learning it, as much as it would surprise some people here.
I know, I used to teach them.

I had no actual training for teaching kids and a language school threw me into a school two full days a week. Still gives me nightmares :lol:

On topic, I always got thuggish vibes around the Slavia stadium and didn't like hanging around there on match days. Might have just been a language/culture thing, but that was my impression. Not that I'd want to hang around Ibrox either.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
As a resident in the Czech Republic, I dont know where you get that idea from.
The GDP per capita of 48000 dollars, putting it 30th in the world? Not that far behind Japan, France, the UK, NZ etc.

May not be as wealthy as Germany of course but at least when it comes to my reference points and I imagine most peoples' in the world, the Czech Republic is a wealthy country.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m sure he was just using racism as a rival player to wind him up, like those fans on Instagram were apparently doing according to someone in the other thread.
Some Czech journalist apparently said this too.

Yep. That’s why he covered his entire mouth, and two separate black Rangers players reacted the way they did.

Ramos

I'm pretty sure he wasn't covering it up with his hand because he was giving him his grandmother's secret cookies recipe.

Slavia denying everything (again) by the way. Just like with the Lukaku farce last season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm pretty sure he wasn't covering it up with his hand because he was giving him his grandmother's secret cookies recipe.

Slavia denying everything (again) by the way. Just like with the Lukaku farce last season.
The no.12 for Slavia’s reaction is very telling too. He almost looks back at his teammate in disbelief.

EngimaMK

Just seen this on Europa league highlights. Looks very very bad for the Prague player. He does it in such a sneaky scummy way, covers his mouth and then runs away.
Then his two black team mates nearby look shocked and don’t seem to be trying to stop rangers players when they start going for him.
If he has done it and been beaten up, hopefully he’s not suffered a broken jaw or broken nose or anything.
These things are better solved with a 10k fine.
Are they though?

Dan_F

I’m surprised it took half a page before someone picked that up. Although I did Google it and apparently only 29% of Czechs speak English. However, that’ll be far higher for under 30s from Prague. Especially a footballer, who you’d have thought would have aspirations of playing outside Prague.

dablem_10

Rangers are proper butchers, absolutelly disgusting against slavia, and the guy who kicked keeper to head should be banned for good next year of european competition or jail. Rangers thought they are better than they are, because rolling in shitty scottish leage. Slavia is and was much better team and rangers showed their mentality. Not saying about kamara attacked Kudela in changing room, who he think he is?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The usual suspects on this forum always raise their heads in these kind of threads.
What the feck is this shit?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Worse things than racial abuse???????

Pughnichi

if it’s the players, then the blame is still with FIFA.

Can we blame players taking matters into their own hands when FIFA aren’t interested and hand out pathetic fines.

it’s a team sport. If a team mate is racist, ban the club. Let’s get serious

slored1

I think it's pretty clear something racist was being said. Slavia wouldn't do this shite cover up story with him being "beaten" and Rangers wouldn't have reacted so furiously.

dablem_10

Why you cannt say to some "scottish" butcher and anti footballist cruel foulers they are bastards? its true, if they would kick ankles, heads, ugly fouling all the time, they deserve named be bastard. And after that htey are so sensitive? Hate racism, but if somebody is asshole you could tell him no matter skin color. And how you can know what bullshits were rangers players saying to slavia players. Slavia also has 8 african descent players and they love them. I would bet my shorts, Kamara wrongly hear something or could find different meaning, but dodnt understand this neanderthal behaviour, like attacking somebody after they did it whole match. Like bonus to the way to czech? Absolute ranger morons and loosers who cant loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.