Rangers/Slavia Prague incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Not even remotely true. Ryan Kent was halfed non stop and targeted by Slavia players and ref did nithong to stop it. Over both ties they dived, screamed and acting like babies.
The narrative that Rangers spent the tie fouling Slavia players is a crock of shit. It's only taken hold because of opportunistic deflection tactics from the club exploiting those who have seen two incidents and thinking it's representative of the 90 (or 180) minutes. I'm assuming most haven't watched the full game since United were playing Milan at the same time. Last night it was Slavia who repeatedly chopped Kent and sought to broke up play at every opportunity. The yellow card that Kamara received in the first half was one of the worst decisions I've seen. The referee was hopeless at cracking down on the spoiling tactics and it was little wonder players became increasingly frustrated as the game wore on. Roofe's challenge was accidental but completely reckless and deserves a ban.

The irony in all of this is trying to paint Kamara as a villain. He's one of the most laid-back and unassuming players in the country and never reacts to the shoddy challenges that are part of the Scottish game. He's probably the last guy who would react to something minor.

poleglass red

Some of the posts in here are laughable, mainly the ones below..

Not even remotely true. Ryan Kent was halfed non stop and targeted by Slavia players and ref did nithong to stop it. Over both ties they dived, screamed and acting like babies.

The Roofe incident was bad and unfortunate for the GK but it was not intentional.
Isn't that par for the course playing in Europe though.

Ed9

Are you saying because Rangers played poorly you think they have made up accusations of racism?
Ofcourse not. I'm saying it's a serious accusation. And one side has done seriously wrong. Without a proof there can't be neither a guilty or a victim.
My personal feeling affected by Rangers' behaviour is not a matter of fact.
But I am against judging someone as a racist based on accusation. A false accusation of racism would be a serious thing. And the player strictly denied it.
So we need a proof before judgind anyone. I hate racism but I also hate jumping on a moral wagon lynching a possibly innocent man.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ofcourse not. I'm saying it's a serious accusation. And one side has done seriously wrong. Without a proof there can't be neither a guilty or a victim.
But I am against judging someone as a racist based on accusation. A false accusation of racism would be a serious thing. And the player strictly denied it.
So we need a proof before judgind anyone.
I hate racism but I also hate jumping on a moral wagon lynching a possibly innocent man.
You're judging the accuser here by the way, by definition you are taking the word of the accused here and disregarding the word of the accuser.
Not saying anything but to point out that at the very least your are suggesting the Rangers player could have been mistaken, and at worst is lying just because the accused denied it. (Why wouldn't he deny it btw, John Terry did)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Honestly this racism thing is getting out of hand, if a player does it publicly then I agree he should be punished but if its a thing between players Im sure way worse things are said on the pitch and nobody gives a feck.
Say what?

Ed9

You're judging the accuser here by the way, by definition you are taking the word of the accused here and disregarding the word of the accuser.
Not saying anything but to point out that at the very least your are suggesting the Rangers player could have been mistaken, and at worst is lying just because the accused denied it. (Why wouldn't he deny it btw, John Terry did)
I can't judge anyone without a proof in such a serious matter.

Eire Red United

Dismissing and downplaying racism
Feck me. A player near had the head kicked off his shoulders and people are crying over words that may or may not have been said?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
So we need a proof before judgind anyone. I hate racism but I also hate jumping on a moral wagon lynching a possibly innocent man.
But you said this...

"After the disgusting Rangers display it's hard to believe their accusations."

Suedesi

Car crash of a post. Explain why he would cover his mouth and why another Rangers player who also happened to be black was immediately outraged and said he used the word 'monkey' to taunt Kamara? You would rather go out of your way and accuse them of lying and portraying themselves as victims while ruining a player's reputation for what exactly? Does that make sense to you?
Players cover their mouth all the time, so that in and of itself it's nothing. If multiple players can corroborate that Kamara was racially abused then UEFA need ban the offending player, but you can't take justice in your own hands.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Feck me. A player near had the head kicked off his shoulders and people are crying over words that may or may not have been said?
Yeah, words don't hurt man.

You reckon it's because Roofe got sent off that people aren't talking about it as much?

Ladron de redcafe

Yes, that's the biggest issue here.

Some of the views in here are unbelievable.
Yeah, that was a ridiculous post. First and foremost is investigating a possible racist incident. Anyone trying to download what is a very serious matter should have his or her head examined.

NinjaFletch

Apparently he said 'you ugly bastards' according to Rangers fan's facebook claims.
thanks I wouldnt like to be called a racist for false claims.
Yet you're willing to immediately believe any possible half baked defence and label accusations false without the same concern about the burden of proof.

Perhaps worth thinking why your first response is to assume that someone is lying when they say they've been racially abused, hey?

UmbroDays

Players cover their mouth all the time, so that in and of itself it's nothing. If multiple players can corroborate that Kamara was racially abused then UEFA need ban the offending player, but you can't take justice in your own hands.

And what were the reactions of the team mates and opposition players? You’re posting players having conversations standing next to each other

Why are people trying to bend over backwards to defend someone who was accused of racism.

This whole thread is fecking disgusting and seriously has made me feel this forum just has racist apologists all over this forum with no repercussions.

this forum...my god

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

But players cover their mouths so they can’t possibly get lip read. There’s no other reason to cover your mouth, especially in a stadium full of spectators.

fergosaurus

It's that along with the players' reaction and at least two people hearing a racist comment used. Kamara's usual calm temperament should also be taken into consideration, it's not in his character to react like that if for being called a "fecking guy".

Suedesi

It's that along with the players' reaction and at least two people hearing a racist comment used. Kamara's usual calm temperament should also be taken into consideration, it's not in his character to react like that if for being called a "fecking guy".
Again, if the racist abuse can be corroborated by multiple sources the Slavia player needs a lengthy ban, pure and simple.

Suedesi

Insulting another member
And what were the reactions of the team mates and opposition players? You’re posting players having conversations standing next to each other

Why are people trying to bend over backwards to defend someone who was accused of racism.

This whole thread is fecking disgusting and seriously has made me feel this forum just has racist apologists all over this forum with no repercussions.

this forum...my god
Calm down you moron, read the post and the reply thoroughly. Someone claimed racist intent because he covered his mouth, that's nonsense - players cover their mouths all the time as shown. I also said if racist abuse is corroborated, the abuser should get banned. Go take your outrage somewhere else

Superden

>> Feck me. A player near had the head kicked off his shoulders and people are crying over words that may or may not have been said?
>> Honestly this racism thing is getting out of hand, if a player does it publicly then I agree he should be punished but if its a thing between players Im sure way worse things are said on the pitch and nobody gives a feck. <<

can't believe what im reading, are people seriously coming out with old sticks and stones arguments to downplay racism? thats just BS.

UmbroDays

Calm down you moron, read the post and the reply thoroughly. Someone claimed racist intent because he covered his mouth, that's nonsense - players cover their mouths all the time as shown. I also said if racist abuse is corroborated, the abuser should get banned. Go take your outrage somewhere else
No you’re obviously trying to belittle and defend this situation with this stupid example.

It doesn’t need to be corroborated. Again you’re showing your ignorance and support of racism by trying to say it needs to be corroborated when you can clearly see other team mates raising the issue.

You’re trying to be clever.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
How many of you well hard people would actually beat up the guy? Quit the postering.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Let's see if we can grade a) the Roofe challenge, b) the alleged racial slur and c) this thread in order in the sins against humanity stakes.
Some of you lot should stick to football.

fergosaurus

What did they hear?
You can hear in the video one of the Rangers players clearly saying "he said fecking monkey". Gerrard confirmed Kamara said he was racially abused so I can only assume that's what he heard as well.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
OK this thread has run it's course and people are getting riled up and earning warnings. Let's move on.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
More defending of racism in plain site on this forum.

Guess the mods “didnt see this” too
Yet not a single person reported it to us. That is how we see these things. We don't read every one of the more than 1 million posts on here believe it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.