Rangnick - "Apart from goalkeeping we need to improve all areas of our squad" | Muppets amass

el3mel

Bruno has more 4 assists than mane this season and only 5 less goals. Last season Bruno scored and got more assists than Mane.

Mane is also 30 years old which means he is likely on the decline and his next contract will be his last big pay day. Plus Liverpool gave Mane a even longer deal (5 year contract)when he was the same age as Bruno.
And people hate it when we call Bruno "Stat padding".

miked99

Can we please ban the Mirror as a source? It's utter bullshit and as bad a source as any.

Source : used to read the thing

Anustart89

It’s not his job to go to the media and tell everybody we need ten players. What is actually gained from it other than putting it all on the players and absolving himself of any responsibility?
Have you stopped to consider that the fact that he’s just gone and done it and still has a job at the club might be an indication that it in fact is his job, as opposed to what esteemed redcafe poster acnumber9 says that his job description is?

Josep Dowling

He’s clearly wrong cause De Gea is a super limited goalkeeper who sets the whole team back with his passive, static, shy goalkeeping style.
Agreed. It’s concerning that so many don’t see De Gea’s weaknesses as an issue as well. I hate it when the ball is passed back to him because either allows the defence to be pressed or he boots it straight out to anywhere but a United player.

acnumber9

Have you stopped to consider that the fact that he’s just gone and done it and still has a job at the club might be an indication that it in fact is his job, as opposed to what esteemed redcafe poster acnumber9 says that his job description is?
He’s told us himself that his job was to get results and finish top 4. Not every manager gets sacked for saying things they shouldn’t to the media. It’s not the evidence Anustart off Redcafe thinks it is to prove it’s part of his job. Was Mourinho ranting about respect part of his job too? Or was it something a manager shouldn’t be doing?

Grande

So what has Ralfie said: many will need to go? 5-6? 7-8? 10?

Looking at the squad, and what Rangnik has said about ideal size, and what Ten Hag usually works with, I expect 12-13 out the door.

One of De Gea and Henderson. De Gea is back in the elite for a keeper his profile. Ten Hag has used different kind of keepers before, so I’m guessing he’ll stick with De Gea until an obvious world class modern keeper becomes available, and Henderson is likely not it, and will at least go on a loan, but probably push to leave.

Phil Jones will likely move on somewhere he can play. Eric Bailly is not the disciplined CM Ten Hag seems to need. I expect both gone. Tuanzebe likely too, but his profile is a bit more Ten Hag friendly. Maybe he could be fourth choiche if he learns fast.

I’m guessing Williams will get another loan or get sold. On right back, neither Dalot (too many weakneses, to few strengths), AWB (too huge weaknesses, missing a few crucial strengths) nor Laird (not good enough defensively yet), are to me starter candidates for a Ten Hag-like team. I wouldn’t be surprised to see AWB leave because of his profile more than his quality.

Matic leaves, Pogba pretty certainly.

Juan Mata and Jesse will leave. Cavani too. Greenwood’s a gonner. Martial could be useful, but he seems tired of United and is the most unlikely -defend-from-the-front-player in Europe. I expect him sold.

Cristiano. I think he’ll weigh his options and find a way to move on. If we buy a pressing striker candidate, he will play second fiddle in no time, I don’t think he wants that.

If I’m guessing correctly (Henderson, Jones, Bailly, Bissaka, Matic, Pogba, Mata, Lingard, Cavani, Greenwood, Martial and Ronaldo) that is 13 exits. That is a whole lot, more than anyone has hinted at. Probably a few of them will stay.

People expecting anyone not mentioned to disappear - I’m quite certain they’ll be disappointed.

Expecting a practical firat team squad of about 25 players, that would leave us 7 players short. We are not buying 7 starters in one window. I expect a couple of Garner, Mejbri and Diallo to make out squad size. A new second keeper. That leaves four new starter candidates. The holes at this point is RB/CB, DM, RW and S. With four holes like this, I’m not expecting a super expensive buy like Rice or Kane.

RB/CB: Timber? Not too clued up on candidates.
DM: Philips, Tchouameni, Palhinha?
RW: ETH seems to prefer LF RW, so Antony not a bad guess. Not many to choose from.
S: NKunku fits the profile. I won’t be surprised to see another attempt at schooling Rashford into a striker role.

First eleven come August: (4-3-3)

De Gea
New/Dalot - Varane - Maguire - Shaw
Bruno - New - Fred
New - New/Rashford - Sancho

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Do you think there is any reasonable likelihood of United firing Rangnick in late April because they don't like some things he's said to the media?

laughtersassassin

Ralf making statements that Ole never would which I'm happy about.

He knows we need 6+ this summer.

Anustart89

Do you think there is any reasonable likelihood of United firing Rangnick in late April because they don't like some things he's said to the media?
If he was repeatedly and publicly saying stuff that his bosses didn’t like I’d reckon that he’d be told to reign it in or be fired if he persisted with it, if observing and saying those things were not part of his job description.

Red00012

Garnacho replaces Mata
Garner replaces Pogba
Replacement needed for Matic
Mejbri replaces Lingard
Martial replaces Cavani

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
To be fair, they weren't - Sanchez, Darmian, Lukaku, etc. all left that summer.
Yep, people forget how incredibly bloated that squad was too.

Anyway, the club may be potentially keeping on Pereira for another few months which is just laughable.