Rangnick gegenpress conference vs Palace (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Klopp been at Pool since 2014 = 5 years
Pep been at City since 2016 = 3 years

It’s 2022 next month.

I thought we were hiring the footballing Einstein? This guy can’t even count.

Samid

Rangnick on last night's game
"I'm very much looking forward to Thursday. Yesterday in the box, I felt with Michael, Kieran, it could have been 3-3. You don't want these types of games as a coach. In the end, I was more than happy we got the result we wanted."

giggs-beckham

Clueless
On Carrick and coaching staff
"I'm more than happy to work with the current coaching staff, I need their expertise. I will try to find two or three people that will join us in the coming weeks, but due to Brexit, it's not that easy."
This worries me, ?

Samid

Rangnick on Haaland
"£10m for Haaland, £10m for Mbappe, £10m for Lewandowski and £10m for Kimmich," Rangnick chuckles, pretending to flick through his notes.

This is nonsense. There is no such clause in my contract. There is little point in speculating over new players. I know what kind of player he is, but in the meantime, the whole world has realised how good the player is. The offensive players we have here, we have so many top players in the offensive department that we don't need to speak about any other player."

STaphouse

Supports
Reading

It’s 2022 next month.

Absolutely useless. Sack him.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

It’s 2022 next month.

Admitted to being a P E teacher in an earlier question as well. Rangy out.

Robocrap

Unsurprisingly just a whole different aura than Ole. The levels of experience and confidence he clearly has is just another level.
Makes you wonder how in the heck did we keep Ole for so long? It's quite simple. A World Class team needs a world class manager to work!

Glorio

Rangnick's target
"The major target for me is just to bring more balance to the team. We conceded two goals yesterday and if you look at the total of number of goals conceded, it is on average of two a game. That is just too much. Those are not the kind of games you need every day. In football to me, it's to minimise the coincidence factor."
Antithesis to "small margins"

Last edited:

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
So Woodward and Murtough haven't spoken with him about a long term plan or what he'll do as a "consultant".

Sounds about right how this club is run.

Samid

Rangnick spoke with Joel Glazer
"I had a long telephone call with Joel Glazer. I also spoke with Ole, who told me all of his insight on the team."

Samid

Rangnick on the club
"Looking back to the times of Best and Charlton, I had a look into Google the other week about the most famous players. You could line up top four teams in the last 50 or 60 years. I also know about the disaster in Munich. The legacy of this club is unique. We have to follow this legacy and make sure the DNA will also be respected."

Samid

Rangnick on training
"Modern football in the last 10 years, it has completely changed into a more physical, more athletic, more vertical game. In order to develop teams, you need to train the bodies and the brains."

red4ever 79

Hot press, transfer the game away from our goal, potency. I am in love. After 3 years of not hearing anything about tactics and game plan, Christmas has come early

Cloud7

Not to be all Rio here but just give him the damn contract already.
No let’s not. Let’s do the six months he was brought on for as manager then move him upstairs and bring another manager in. The club still needs help in setting a general direction for football related matters.

ash_86

He does know exactly what he wants. We need to give him free will to shape the team as he wants.

SuperiorXI

I've been dePRESSed at the lack of PRESSing so I hope Rangnick in this PRESS conference says he's going to PRESS the players to PRESS more to stop the dePRESSion

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I liked his general comments about aiming to ensure that the team has more in control in matches, and that control coming through proactivity, rather than sitting back, being passive in a defensive shape. He wants us to play how we did in the first 15 minutes of the second half where we played the game in Arsenal’s half, both with and without the ball.

AndyMUFC

Speaks brilliantly as I saw in some of his tactical videos/lectures.

Member 101269

i enjoyed that; seemed realistic and prepared, i cannot recall him getting someone's name wrong