Rangnick gegenpress conference vs Palace (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Rangnick on what he liked from Arsenal
"All of you saw the game. The first half was shaky with this unlucky goal. Even myself, I said where is David? After that goal, it was a major blow for the team, they were lacking confidence. Which is normal after the recent weeks. It was important to get the equaliser before halftime. You could see the potential that was in the team. To transfer the game away from our own box into an area where we have our assets."

Pronewbie

Peep
He seems to have pressing concerns for the team, and acknowledged that he can't do much training over the next few weeks.

Profiled us as a top flight club that's not good enough to mix it up with the top 3 this season. Wonder how the players will react to it. I hope he has a winning mentality.. Top 4 has to be the minimum for this club.

Waynne

Seeing a manager speak with such autority and purpose and having a clear approach to how he wants to setup this team makes me sad he'll only be in the role for 6 months. I'd have at least wanted him as manager for 2 years.

BarstoolProphet

When you hear the words 'control' 'transition' 'pressing' 'hot pressing' developing players. Its orgasmic
I enjoyed more the fact that he pointed out the changes in football the last 10 years. Speaks of a coach willing to always change to follow the trends.

Pughnichi

At last. A thought provoking insightful and interesting presser.

Compare to miserable Mourinho and Ole who often looked like a rabbit in head lights at times.

man I want this guy to do well for us

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This worries me, ?
Lets be honest he's only here for 6 months, they're not going to get top class coaches for that time period.

We will have to make do with what we have, the main thing is the guidance comes from the top. I'm sure the likes of Mckenna are able to follow instructions.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Several posts bashing Ole already.

Can’t we just leave the past regime, in the past & be excited about the current one without mentioning the previous one?

siw2007

Only caught a little bit of it, but he was well spoken and came across as a very intelligent man who knew his trade inside out and in that I’m more excited to see the work he can do at the club.

Acole9

Outstanding
I haven't watched a press conference for a long time but I enjoyed that.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Can’t we just leave the past regime, in the past & be excited about the current one without mentioning the previous one?
It's natural to compare and contrast the approach of new manager with the last one. Everyone was just as relieved and glad to have positive, affable Ole after sour cnut Mourinho as well.

Red Star One

What a man. How incredibly refreshing it is to listen to our manager and expect a bit more than random cliches thrown around. How glad I am we are no longer in desperate times of denying importance of tactics. Instant improvement and brings a lot of hope back after the shambles of Ole.

AndySmith1990

Rangnick spoke with Joel Glazer
"I had a long telephone call with Joel Glazer. I also spoke with Ole, who told me all of his insight on the team."
"They're a great bunch of lads, you'll love 'em Ralfy"

Joking aside, he comes across very well and speaks with confidence and authority, and he's clearly very clever and knowledgeable. He's exactly what we need.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was also asked about if he sees himself as a DoF or Head Coach/manager, and said he sees himself as a coach, team manager right now and has been one for 95% of his career.

Leanshig

never see him talk before?
Look. Allow me to fawn over him.
Seeing a manager speak with such autority and purpose and having a clear approach to how he wants to setup this team makes me sad he'll only be in the role for 6 months. I'd have at least wanted him as manager for 2 years.
I reckon if he gets us top 4 and if we do well in the UCL he'll get the job long term.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

You're being rather demanding, aren't you.
First you don't want to hear anything bad about him while he's your manager, then you don't want to hear anything bad about him after he's been sacked. You could just close your eyes and ears and start singing loudly, you know.

devilo

Cant believe he spoke about DNA.
Why? Any club with history like ours will likely talk about their DNA. It's only the plastic clubs that have no DNA, unless pissing in the face of FFP counts.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Had to Google the club to find out about Charlton and Best. Rangy out.

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
I say it's about 80% certain he will stay on as manager.
More than possible, he said so himself. He will be involved in choosing the next manager, and if we can't get someone suitable, and he's doing very well, I don't see why he wouldn't stay.

I don't think you can credibly say Pochettino is a solid upgrade on Ralf, although I like him.

I like it. He's saying the team needs a lot of work but on paper we should be up there.

Anyone else get pissed off by how the club manipulates the fans? This guy knows feck all about the 'United Way' and our 'DNA' but they've clearly told him to drop all these buzzwords in to get us all hyped up.

Idxomer

First you don't want to hear anything bad about him while he's your manager, then you don't want to hear anything bad about him after he's been sacked. You could just close your eyes and ears and start singing loudly, you know.
:lol:

BarstoolProphet

Crackers

greasy ginfers

Jaonz

This is the first time since fergie era I finished watching PRESS conference and enjoy it.