Rangnick's January Window

Seven Seas Sardines

Rangnick is a mastermind of transfers and scouting, and even though he's interim and only has six weeks to prepare, my guess is he will go big to prove to United that he deserves a powerful role going forward.

Most of us agree that a new DM is paramount to us winning something this season, but also to bring balance to the squad. Furthermore we need to get rid of freeloaders and loan out youngsters which Rangnick must've realised watching that performance against Young Boys. So what's your ideal, realistic January window? Here's mine:

BUY
HAIDARA

A player that instantly can improve our midfield and cover RB that knows Rangnick’s style, and a massive United fan to boot. Expect Rangnick to try and get a hidden gem or two as well and then get Tchouameni in the summer (Paul Mitchell can help Rangnick there).

LOAN
HENDERSON
AMAD
ELANGA
SAVAGE
IQBAL
FERNANDEZ
MCNEILL
SHORETIRE

With Rangnick’s vast network with clubs, managers and directors there'll be no shortage of suitors for our youngsters. It'd be incredible to create feeder club relations with the likes of Southampton/Salzburg/Lepizig/Hoffenheim/Schalke/Monaco/Ajax taking our youngsters on loan.

SELL
LINGARD
MATA
MATIC
POGBA

No one needs their experience anymore and Rangnick will know they're passengers collecting paychecks. Pogba will be the greatest challenge, but if anyone can convince him it's for his own best ahead of the World Cup it's Rangnick(doubt he wants Pogba as highest earner). Hopefully Newcastle will also try and take half our deadwood - bracing myself for a £30M dream McT bid.

Last edited:

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Who is dropping those prices for Mata, Matic & Pogba? We won't get a fee for any of them and would be lucky to get one on Lingard now

gajender

We won't be buying anybody in January window unless one of our long term target becomes available which is highly unlikely , few of our youngsters might go on loan that would be extent of our outgoings .

It would most probably be quite uneventful window and rightfully so .

Born2Lose

I wouldn't be surprised if we make a couple of low key signings in Jan and the rotation over the past two games has been to identify gaps in the squad that need to be filled urgently.

Matic as a CB for example did little to suggest he'd be a decent option there should needs be.

Seven Seas Sardines

Who is dropping those prices for Mata, Matic & Pogba? We won't get a fee for any of them and would be lucky to get one on Lingard now
All quite hopeful sure, but I trust in Rangnick to be a master negotiator too.

Lingard - Newcastle?
Matic - Roma?
Mata - Qatari side sportswashing with hugs?
Pogba - PSG when Wijnaldum goes on loan?

Red_toad

Do people honestly see the owners splashing the cash after Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane in the summer?

Seven Seas Sardines

I wouldn't be surprised if we make a couple of low key signings in Jan and the rotation over the past two games has been to identify gaps in the squad that need to be filled urgently.

Matic as a CB for example did little to suggest he'd be a decent option there should needs be.
Exactly what I think, a squad surprise or two to show off his eye for talent. Yeah he sees Mata as a better #6 ffs :lol:

Real Name

Not selling Lingard in the summer was a huge mistake.
Also it will be interesting to see if Pogba will sign for someone. Probably not.
Dont know a thing about Haidara but he's a midfielder which can be only good. If we can sign him in January even better.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Newcastle would definitely buy Lingard and Martial to ensure avoiding relegation. Unfortunately, Ornstein said the premier league clubs collectively have a tacit understanding not to sell to them to avoid abetting their rise sooner.

We definitely need a midfielder and Pogba's time is up here.

RUCK4444

Why would we sell all those players without a couple of replacements whilst trying to transition to a high energy press?

This type of football is known to destroy teams physically in that initial period.

Summer would be the time to do that. But yeah a few of the real youngsters could go on loan.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So sell those experienced players AND loan the youngsters who would take their squad spots? Makes total sense :lol: :lol: :lol:

GMoore23

We will get a decent fee for Pogba if we can find a buyer in January. Spurs got around £17m for Eriksen and he has nowhere near the marketability of Pogba.
I can see PSG coming in big for him as they won't want Madrid getting him for free in the summer.

DevilsOwn

Rangnick is a mastermind of transfers and scouting, and even though he's interim and only has six weeks to prepare, my guess is he will go big to prove to United that he deserves a powerful role going forward.

Most of us agree that a new DM is paramount to us winning something this season, but also to bring balance to the squad. Furthermore we need to get rid of freeloaders and loan out youngsters which Rangnick must've realised watching that performance against Young Boys. So what's your ideal, realistic January window? Here's mine:

BUY
HAIDARA (£25M)

I believe we won't have to pay Haidara's RC but come to an consensual agreement considering Rangnick’s background. A player that instantly can improve our midfield and cover RB that knows Rangnick’s style, and a massive United fan to boot. Get Tchouameni in the summer (Paul Mitchell can help Rangnick there).

LOAN
HENDERSON
AMAD
ELANGA
SAVAGE
IQBAL
MEJBRI
FERNANDEZ
MCNEILL
SHORETIRE

With Rangnick’s vast network with clubs, managers and directors there'll be no shortage of suitors for our youngsters. It'd be incredible to create feeder club relations with the likes of Southampton/Salzburg/Lepizig/Hoffenheim/Schalke/Monaco/Ajax taking our youngsters on loan.

SELL
LINGARD (£10M)
MATA (£2M)
MATIC (£5M)
POGBA (£40M)

No one needs their experience anymore and Rangnick will know they're passengers collecting paychecks. Pogba will be the greatest challenge, but if anyone can convince him it's for his own best ahead of the World Cup it's Rangnick(doubt he wants Pogba as highest earner). Hopefully Newcastle will also try and take half our deadwood - bracing myself for a £30M dream McT bid.
So 6 outgoings from our 25 man squad. All key youngsters out.
1 incoming.

So we play half season with 20 players??

Good plan.

gajender

Newcastle would definitely buy Lingard and Martial to ensure avoiding relegation. Unfortunately, Ornstein said the premier league clubs collectively have a tacit understanding not to sell to them to avoid abetting their rise sooner.

We definitely need a midfielder and Pogba's time is up here.
That would be the dumbest thing Pl clubs can do Newcastle would definitely grow to become force if their Owners are willing to splash the cash so why not take advantage of that while you can , but I don't buy this nonsense anyway .

Pl clubs would sell to Newcastle once they start throwing cash around no two ways around it.

DavelinaJolie

If Utd got any money for players who are free to leave in the summer I'd be amazed.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm personally bit worried with him and money.

Sure he may have an eye for some players but United isn't exactly Red Bull Leipzig or Salzburg either that can just be relying on some "good players" for an improvement.

We need to target the exceptional players with Rangnick hopefully deciding if they will be good enough for our tactics - rather than buying this Haidara guy (that hardly is catching our competitors clubs eyes) or someone like Timo werner if he was still in Germany.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Sure he may have an eye for some players but United isn't exactly Red Bull Leipzig or Salzburg either that can just be relying on some "good players" for an improvement.

We need to target the exceptional players with Rangnick hopefully deciding if they will be good enough for our tactics - rather than buying this Haidara guy (that hardly is catching our competitors clubs eyes) or someone like Timo werner if he was still in Germany.
Timo Werner would have been a great buy, as he is for Chelsea.

His finishing has really let him down this season but very few young strikers accumulate that xG. He is a huge threat and his speed/pressing makes him quite an ida gegenpressing striker who doesnt need to stay central.

Even if he doesnt score he contributes a lot, and very soon, his finishing will just pick up and he'll be a machine. Hopefully Chelsea loses patience.

Marcus

Dont think we will buy any players as he will play two 6´s in Fred and McT.
Would be amazing to have someone else who can play there, but will probably not happen until the summer.
DM and RB. I would be disappointed if he did not sign some totally unknown player who turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread. It would be a bit boring to sign established players.

red_de_pologne

We won't be buying anybody in January window unless one of our long term target becomes available which is highly unlikely , few of our youngsters might go on loan that would be extent of our outgoings .

It would most probably be quite uneventful window and rightfully so .
I'd be very surprised if we didn't buy one midfielder in January

golden_blunder

Staff
We will get a decent fee for Pogba if we can find a buyer in January. Spurs got around £17m for Eriksen and he has nowhere near the marketability of Pogba.
I can see PSG coming in big for him as they won't want Madrid getting him for free in the summer.
What’s a decent fee in your eyes?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If a fee comes in for Lingard then he’s off probably. Newcastle have money and are desperate for survival so they are the obvious choice.

Amad will go on loan.

Hopefully Mejbri gets a chance when he returns from the international tournaments.

Doubt we sign anyone unless we are serious about Haidara.

RUCK4444

Yeah I was thinking about this recently, you don’t want him necessarily transfixed with finding bargains (which in itself is great and we’ve missed that more than any big club in recent times) because it’s a different shop window he can access here and I’d like to think he’s savvy enough and hopefully excited to shop for ready made players as well as unearthing gems.

I just hope the club back him to fix the midfield issues, because he won’t implement his system properly without recruiting in that area of the pitch imo.

Seven Seas Sardines

£57m for mostly a pile of crap who all are on outgoing contract. What fantasy land are you living in OP :lol:
I ignored your sale part as it's pure FM fiction and won't happen.
So sell those experienced players AND loan the youngsters who would take their squad spots? Makes total sense :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sell and loan out half the squad during the season to what benefit?
So 6 outgoings from our 25 man squad. All key youngsters out.
1 incoming.

So we play half season with 20 players??

Good plan.
So many big time Charlies missing the point of this thread completely. I can't find any January thread so I asked for your ideal Rangnick window and gave you mine.

Should've known you can't expect the Caf to post their own ideas instead of belittling others', to be constructive rather than destructive.

golden_blunder

Staff
So many big time Charlies missing the point of this thread completely. I can't find any January thread so I asked for your ideal Rangnick window and gave you mine. Should've known you can't expect the Caf to post their own ideas instead of belittling others', to be constructive rather than destructive.
But let’s keep it realistic for gods sake
No way are we selling all our backups and loaning out what looks like the entire u23 team, be realistic

Seven Seas Sardines

But let’s keep it realistic for gods sake
No way are we selling all our backups and loaning out what looks like the entire u23 team, be realistic
Sure we ain't loaning out all of them, but I'm sure Rangnick sees the importance of top level game time for most of them. We could only offer them minutes in the FA Cup during the next six months, and considering our draws they probably won't even get a chance there. I think he might go for a 17yo hidden gem or two as well.