Rank the Man United Players in the following Categories

Skills

Snitch

Re-named the categories because they didn't make sense to me. Rated them on their time here rather than their whole careers. Might be harsh not to put Evra in the world class category - but I tried to reserve that for game changers. Even then, it ended up being the most populated category in the list.

The injury prone players like Rafa/Saha/Hargreaves/Brown were hard to asses.

Edit : Barthez looks a bit high, but I think I started ranking them with a different criteria in my head at first. Which then changed at some point, and he escaped the quality control. Him & Rafa/Young can swap I guess.

Attempt 2, which addresses some of the inconsistencies.

Last edited:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Re-named the categories because they didn't make sense to me. Rated them on their time here rather than their whole careers. Might be harsh not to put Evra in the world class category - but I tried to reserve that for game changers. Even then, it ended up being the most populated category in the list.

The injury prone players like Rafa/Saha/Hargreaves/Brown were hard to asses.

Edit : Barthez looks a bit high, but I think I started ranking them with a different criteria in my head at first. Which then changed at some point, and he escaped the quality control. Him & Rafa/Young can swap I guess.
Unfortunately you made this before I fixed Carrick's picture but nice list!

Man-United

People only remember how error prone he was in his last few years at Utd. Before that he was solid. I'd even have him on the good player tier.
Superb left back in 2001-2003, fantastic alongside Rio at the end of 02/03 and until Rio's ban in 03/04 and then good again in 04/05. Easily decent enough to good player.

norm87cro

The problem is that some of our players were world class and club legends but for example, Ronaldo is only world class. Robbo and Cantona were both (Giggs and Scholes and Big Pete also prehaps). Then lets say we have not so talented Vidic, Irwin, Keano and Evra who are definetly club legends. How many people put poor old Incy in the hate the c... department?

The Original

The problem is that some of our players were world class and club legends but for example, Ronaldo is only world class. Robbo and Cantona were both (Giggs and Scholes and Big Pete also prehaps). Then lets say we have not so talented Vidic, Irwin, Keano and Evra who are definetly club legends. How many people put poor old Incy in the hate the c... department?
Keane was not so talented?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Then lets say we have not so talented Vidic, Irwin, Keano and Evra who are definetly club legends. How many people put poor old Incy in the hate the c... department?
Depends on your definition of world class. For me world class should be decided on your positioning in your respective category — so if you're among, say, 3 or 5 best midfielders in the world at your peak, like Keane definitely was (or like Vidić, Irwin and Evra definitely were for their roles), you are world class, even if you're not as good at football as Cristiano. Evra and Cole were 2 best left backs in the world for quite a while, for example — Cole was better earlier, but from 2009 I think few years Evra was the best in the world. Vidić peaked around the same time, when our defense made all those incredible clean sheet records.

AaronRedDevil

Anything before 2001.I’ve no idea except from the obvious ones. So from me

Last edited: