Rank the PL coaches

Fosu-Mens

all the things listed in your first paragraph are opinions based on what we think we see. We don’t see what happens on the training fields.
How about including win % for example?
Hence discernable tactics, or perceived discernable tactics.
A win percentage is a quantifiable metric that could be used, but how do you weight that with relevance to the quality of the players at disposal? I mean, winning with a team full of dross compared to winning with a team full of expensive players? Lets just call it relative win percentage. But this again would mean that we would need to rank the different squads based on their ability. Should we use goals, wage, cost, statistics relative to positions, Fifa 21 ratings?
If we are to create a ranking of the managers in the league it would be near impossible to create a complete ranking system including all possible factors, hence I proposed a ranking system based on what we think we see as a basis for the managers ability to coach a system(s) to a team and make them perform it. I think it is fair to say that the likes of City, Liverpool, Crystal Palace etc plays a certain way. The same cannot be said for some other teams.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Hence discernable tactics, or perceived discernable tactics.
A win percentage is a quantifiable metric that could be used, but how do you weight that with relevance to the quality of the players at disposal? I mean, winning with a team full of dross compared to winning with a team full of expensive players? Lets just call it relative win percentage. But this again would mean that we would need to rank the different squads based on their ability. Should we use goals, wage, cost, statistics relative to positions, Fifa 21 ratings?
If we are to create a ranking of the managers in the league it would be near impossible to create a complete ranking system including all possible factors, hence I proposed a ranking system based on what we think we see as a basis for the managers ability to coach a system(s) to a team and make them perform it. I think it is fair to say that the likes of City, Liverpool, Crystal Palace etc plays a certain way. The same cannot be said for some other teams.
I do get that but to be 3rd or 4th bottom?
“feckin diabolical”

Infra-red

Does seem like a thread designed for bashing Ole - no sane person is going to list him among the top seven or eight managers in the league, which makes him look woefully ill-suited to the task at hand. This thread is essentially an excuse to drum that point home.

Fosu-Mens

I do get that but to be 3rd or 4th bottom?
“feckin diabolical”
Again, in regards to what we can see regarding the discernable style of play I think he is one of the less capable managers in the league. As I mentioned in some of the earlier posts, I rate him highly as a man-manager and if he could get some help on the tactical side then I think it could work out the best it could given our upper echelon of the club situation.

Pablo18th

Spurs last season? That squad was crippled and nosediving under Poch, and he had them as the 3rd best team in the league from his arrival to the end of the season.
Poch was sacked because he was underperforming with the given squad so it does not follow Mou overperformed. TThey also were not the 3rd best team since his arrival last season.

90 + 5min

Yeah like I said, it's just 1 sample so can't draw too many conclusions.

Dyche has gotten Burnley into Europe which is an incredible achievement and they're in what, their 6th consecutive season in the top flight?

Potter is actually very similar to Ole. They were both doing well in Scandinavia at around the same time. Since then he's transformed a beleaguered Swansea side who now have a platform to get promoted again and done a good job in changing the way Brighton play.

It's hard to say or make definitive statements on things that haven't happened but I haven't seen enough from Ole to suggest that he has a defined coaching strategy that could say, keep a team up, or get them promoted from an unlikely position. I'd say the same for Lampard. On the flipside, I've seen that from Arteta. It isn't pretty, but he's got something about him. Arsenal look a well-coached side. Putting him in the top 6 is laughable though.
That is why these kind of lists are hard to make. But I have to react when I see people putting a manager who came 3rd in league and went to semifinal in every other competition in bottom 3. In other words did better last year than most of other managers.

The ranking was made based on a gameplan/approach to football games/discernable tactics.

Hodgson can coach a defensive structure/solidity, same with Dyche. Potter can coach both defensive and attacking football and is a seriously underrated manager.

How we end up scoring is based more or less on Bruno + counter attacking alas individual moments. Given that we have some decent attacking players, this could to some extent work if we had some balance between defensive structure and number of players in the attacking phases. Our means of attacking is by numbers, the same can be said with our defending (we cannot press cohesively/with intent at all) so only way we do not concede is by having 10 players behind the ball and park the bus.

If we rated the coaches based on man-management and human interaction abilities, and this was quantifiable, OGS would certainly rank much higher.
Not that I agree or disagree but that means nothing. They can coach a defensive structure but offers nothing in offense. I do like Potter but he is not on Solskjaer level, not saying that Solskjaer is world beater or will be.

I think people are often very harsh when it comes to players/managers in their own team. They love to underestimate what our own player/manager does. It is like green is always greener on the other side.

Fosu-Mens

Not that I agree or disagree but that means nothing. They can coach a defensive structure but offers nothing in offense. I do like Potter but he is not on Solskjaer level, not saying that Solskjaer is world beater or will be.

I think people are often very harsh when it comes to players/managers in their own team. They love to underestimate what our own player/manager does. It is like green is always greener on the other side.
I put OGS around the bottom among the EPL managers in regards to coach a team to play with a set pattern of play, the players know what to do and knows what their teammate is about to do in a certain situation. I did not say he was among the worst managers in the EPL regarding all that a manager is, only in this specific area.

For a club wanting to survive with some questionable squad quality and less than capable players, defensive structure has shown to be vital and the best way to get points against more capable teams and not get relegated. Hence I ranked defensive structure above no plan, but also below attacking system/plan. A team full of capable players might very well be better off with a manager with a "go express yourselves" attitude than someone that only focuses on defensive structure and defending, so at our club, OGS might very well be more suited than the likes of Moyes and Hodgson.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
That is why these kind of lists are hard to make. But I have to react when I see people putting a manager who came 3rd in league and went to semifinal in every other competition in bottom 3. In other words did better last year than most of other managers.

You have to take resources and achievement relative to expectations into account as well though. I'm sure Potter would have loved multiple £50m+ rated forwards at his disposal. Last season was a good season for Ole though, you have to admit.

90 + 5min

You have to take resources and achievement relative to expectations into account as well though. I'm sure Potter would have loved multiple £50m+ rated forwards at his disposal. Last season was a good season for Ole though, you have to admit.
Agree. But would Potter survive the pressure from being ManUtd manager? There is different challenges for everyone, everywhere. It is not easy being manager.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Has got a pretty good record in Europe so far, does anyone want to revise their opinions on ole being bottom 3 or 4 on your lists?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Has got a pretty good record in Europe so far, does anyone want to revise their opinions on ole being bottom 3 or 4 on your lists?
Going by the lists most can only remember as far as the last game so they probably will.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Since Moyes and Mourinho haven't changed ,much since their United days and are already in the lists, I am wondering where everyone would put Van Gaal in the list of current coaches. Somewhat below the middle, I guess? The football was crap to watch, but at least you could really see his hand in it.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Since Moyes and Mourinho haven't changed ,much since their United days and are already in the lists, I am wondering where everyone would put Van Gaal in the list of current coaches. Somewhat below the middle, I guess? The football was crap to watch, but at least you could really see his hand in it.
I feel he would still be a top 6 coach this season. He gets a lot of stick for his shit on a stick football in the first half of the 2015-16 season, but the team at his (and Moyes') disposal was worse than what Mou and Ole has had access to.

Can't post media yet, but look up Mata's second goal against Liverpool at Anfield in 2014-15, which involved United players twisting and turning the pool defense and getting in with quick, one touch passes. I'm sure his team showed a lot of promise in the second half of 2014-15 and in the preseason the summer after.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
My post was a bit bad I agree. I hadn't read the OP properly. I didn't think in terms of forever ratings of coaches.

And on Jose, the "Hate Jose" cult is way bigger and stronger on caf. Any positive performance by Jose team has to be frowned upon. Jose can only be abused/mocked.
Strange behavior.
Yep. I don't get Jose hate here. Really, i don't. To think that he is not good manager, it is fine. To think that he has done bad job in United, it is fine (i don't agree with it but i understand if someone thinks other way around). But why hate him? He came in United, won some trophies, crashed in third season and got fired. Life of any manager. Why to hate him?
I thank him for what he has done and wish him luck. Same as LVG. And same even with Moyes. Moyes was disaster for us but why would i hate him because of that?

Untd55

I don't know why people think it is so absurd that a manager of a top team could be pretty low down in managerial rankings. Too many people rank managers based on the amount they can spend on players rather than rating them on how much they get out of their players. Squad-wise, we probably were the third/fourth-best team in the league last season, so it wasn't a massive achievement getting there. Nobody can say last season was great; it was average at best.

I mean, you only have to look at Valverde. Barcelona kept on winning La Liga, even though he was incompetent. They could have hired anyone and won the same amount of things because of the standard of their players. He was arguably one of the worst managers in the league.

Dyche is one of the best managers in the league because he gets so much out of barely any investment. It is probably better to split into groups in terms of effectiveness over the last season and this one; 1 being best and getting progressively worse. They are in no particular order in their group.

1. Klopp

2. Ancelotti
2. Mourinho
2. Bielsa

3. Espirito Santo
3. Dyche
3. Rodgers
3. Wilder
3. Guardiola
3. Potter
3. Arteta

4. Hodgson
4. Hassenhutle
4. Lampard
4. Solskjaer
4. Bilic
4. Bruce
4. Smith

5. Moyes

6. Parker

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I feel he would still be a top 6 coach this season. He gets a lot of stick for his shit on a stick football in the first half of the 2015-16 season, but the team at his (and Moyes') disposal was worse than what Mou and Ole has had access to.

Can't post media yet, but look up Mata's second goal against Liverpool at Anfield in 2014-15, which involved United players twisting and turning the pool defense and getting in with quick, one touch passes. I'm sure his team showed a lot of promise in the second half of 2014-15 and in the preseason the summer after.
Here from 2:00:

Not that much interplay before the goal actually. But yeah, it's Van Gaal's style in general. I certainly do think he was closer to exploding into great football than Mourinho or Moyes, as at least it was Van Gaal's ultimate aim. If only his recruitment, etc. But since he did actually get the recruitment wrong and the football was in fact mostly boring, I thought I'd put him a little lower. (Based on his Man Utd spell, not his entire career.)

Fosu-Mens

Nah.

Top 4 on my list as a man manager, around the bottom in regards to coaching a system, specific pattern of play. While i liked the setup on tuesday and the players in their roles/positions, this setup is made for defending by numbers and attacking with individuality. Suits our players and coaches well.

Need to see this setup against different types of oppenents and in general a larger sample.

lysglimt

Scout
This whole thread is ridiculous simply because managers are good at different things - and are a better fit at one club rather than another.

Simply being Zinedine Zidane doesn't make him a good manager - but it makes it a hell of a lot easier to attract superstars, which certainly counts for something. It was the same with Bryan Robson, he was so well respected that he could attract fairly big names to Boro, he just wasn't a good manager.
In the Premier League, that is perhaps Guardiolas biggest advantage. He is loved and respected by everyone (apart from Zlatan) - and he can attract a lot of stars simply by being Guardiola. Something maybe Lampard and Ole can't.

But OGS and Lampard have been playing at the highest level under the best managers (Guardiola of course as well) - and probably have learned a lot both from listening to these managers, and from knowing what works when you are a player. Something a lot of other managers can't - because they havent played at the highest level.

Klopp is tactically very smart, and has signed a lot of good players. But would he be equally good at Burnley where he couldn't get the players good enough to work in his system ? Who knows ? Same with Guardiola - if he took charge of Stoke in the Rory Delap-age, and tried to make them play like Barcelona, would that have worked ? Or would he adapt his style to what he had available (and succeed?) Or - would he even bother to try ? Who knows.

Some manager are exceptionally good at lifting the spirit - Sam Allardyce comes to mind. Maybe not a tactical genious but always seemed to improve the teams he took over. Some managers have done something special in the past (like Mourinho) but have failed in a couple of jobs afterwards. Have they lost it as managers, or have they simply been unlucky with their latest managerial jobs ?

And a lot of people claim Scott Parker is a poor manager - one of the worst in the P.L - and Marcelo Bielsa is one of the best. Scott Parker took over a horrible Fulham-side with 17 points in 26 matches as they crashed out of the P.L - and got them promoted the season after, only 12 points behind Leeds. I am of course not saying he is a better manager than Bielsa, but to take that horrible team back into the P.L indicates that Parker does have some quality.

Or how about Wilder and Dean Smith. One was brilliant last year, the other lucky. And a few months later - the roles have been completely reversed. If the Blades get relegated, was Wilder a genious for taking them so high, or incompetent for getting them relegated ? And vice versa for Smith if Villa finishes 7-8-9 in the table.

Then you have some managers who are exceptionally good at avoiding relegation - they know exactly what is required to keep a poor side up. Or to turn it around, managers who are good at getting teams promoted, but maybe lack that little bit extra to do well at the highest level.

It's impossible!

Paul_Scholes18

There can certainly be a case for Ole as number 20 in the league. I don't think any other club would take him at the moment.
Parker the same, but the rest I think could attract other PL clubs.

Although if you rate them based on what they have done he has done more in Norway than many of the others.
Top 3 is decent enough for us too, but nothing special.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Here from 2:00:

Not that much interplay before the goal actually. But yeah, it's Van Gaal's style in general. I certainly do think he was closer to exploding into great football than Mourinho or Moyes, as at least it was Van Gaal's ultimate aim. If only his recruitment, etc. But since he did actually get the recruitment wrong and the football was in fact mostly boring, I thought I'd put him a little lower. (Based on his Man Utd spell, not his entire career.)
Ed should shares a lot of blame for the recruitment, as I remember LVG saying he usually only got his third/fourth choice signings. LVG also doesn't get enough praise for bringing through a lot of youth players, among whom Rashford, Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah are still part of the team today.

I've no arguments that some of his football was diabolical, and the buck stops with him for that.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Ed should shares a lot of blame for the recruitment, as I remember LVG saying he usually only got his third/fourth choice signings. LVG also doesn't get enough praise for bringing through a lot of youth players, among whom Rashford, Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah are still part of the team today.

I've no arguments that some of his football was diabolical, and the buck stops with him for that.
Yeah, true - but that discussion is better left for its own threads. In the end, all we can do is evaluate coaches on the football played. Potter at Brighton might also have had transfer targets that he didn't achieve but would have really helped his team, but most here (me included) wouldn't be aware of that.

AshRK

There can certainly be a case for Ole as number 20 in the league. I don't think any other club would take him at the moment.

Although if you rate them based on what they have done he has done more in Norway than many of the others.
There is no base to that. Who is to say Ole doesn't have good connections and may land a decent job. Parker for all his critics here has achieved what Lampard couldn't, that is to get a team promoted, so how could he not attract jobs in PL but lampard would.

All this nonsense of Ole cannot attract a job is bs and has no base to it. He is far from the worst performing managers in the league and time to time has shown tactical skills to get better of other so called top managers. But yet he can be placed at 20 because some here don't like him.

Paul_Scholes18

There is no base to that. Who is to say Ole doesn't have good connections and may land a decent job. Parker for all his critics here has achieved what Lampard couldn't so how could he not attract jobs in PL but lampard would.

All this nonsense of Ole cannot attract a job is bs and has no base to it.
What has Ole shown though to bring him such a job? He got relegated with Cardiff having a weaker side. He has won nothing with us.
I don't see what he would add to the weaker teams really who already got managers suited for them much better.

RedChisel

The overrating of Klopp is as frustrating as the disrespect of Ole. He isn't out there on his own in the Premier League especially when said league contains Managers who have won multiple League and Champions League titles.

Recency bias is rife on this forum, give Klopp a year or two of winning nothing and he would soon tumble down the rankings.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
The overrating of Klopp is as frustrating as the disrespect of Ole. He isn't out there on his own in the Premier League especially when said league contains Managers who have won multiple League and Champions League titles.

Recency bias is rife on this forum, give Klopp a year or two of winning nothing and he would soon tumble down the rankings.
Klopp's achievements at Dortmund were nothing short of spectacular. He's only solidified his reputation now with a CL and PL title under his belt with Liverpool.

AshRK

What has Ole shown though to bring him such a job? He got relegated with Cardiff having a weaker side. He has won nothing with us.
I don't see what he would add to the weaker teams really who already got managers suited for them much better.
But how does that make him the worst manager in the league. You are acting as if he is the worst performing manager in the league when that is not even remotely true. You said he may not find another PL job which has no base to it. Who is to say he doesn't land a brighton job or West ham job or Villa job or Fulham Job. How do you know lampard will get a pl job but Ole will not.

He may not be a klopp or pep or may not even be a United standard manager but the abuse and discredit he gets in this forum is remarkable.

Paul_Scholes18

But how does that make him the worst manager in the league. You are acting as if he is the worst performing manager in the league when that is not even remotely true. You said he may not find another PL job which has no base to it. Who is to say he doesn't land a brighton job or West ham job or Villa job or Fulham Job. How do you know lampard will get a pl job but Ole will not.

He may not be a klopp or pep or may not even be a United standard manager but the abuse and discredit he gets in this forum is remarkable.
Not saying he is the worst, but one of the least wanted if that makes sense. I feel Lampard being english got an easier way to find another job too even though he has done similar at Chelsea to Ole here.
For the job here I would not take that many over him though. I take Klopp, Pep, Anchelotti, Bielsa and maybe Rodgers/Nuno from the PL.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa

There's been plenty of PL sackings following Ole's at Cardiff and I don't remember him being in the running to get the vacant job. I don't think PL clubs were checking for him. Maybe they will be now after the decent job he's done at United. Put it this way, if he wasn't a United legend, do you think he would have gotten the job?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I put OGS around the bottom among the EPL managers in regards to coach a team to play with a set pattern of play, the players know what to do and knows what their teammate is about to do in a certain situation. I did not say he was among the worst managers in the EPL regarding all that a manager is, only in this specific area.

For a club wanting to survive with some questionable squad quality and less than capable players, defensive structure has shown to be vital and the best way to get points against more capable teams and not get relegated. Hence I ranked defensive structure above no plan, but also below attacking system/plan. A team full of capable players might very well be better off with a manager with a "go express yourselves" attitude than someone that only focuses on defensive structure and defending, so at our club, OGS might very well be more suited than the likes of Moyes and Hodgson.

But how do you even "rank" their coaching ability based only on observations?

Even if you watched every single PL game (which you cant) you will only get a rough idea of how a certain team wants to play and even then there are a myrid of factors that impact the game outside of what coaching can do, even if you had all the stats in the world for every single game i cant see how you could draw any kind of assertive conclusion. Take Sheffield U for example. They were last seasons big suprise and Wilder was showered with praise and hailed as a great manager everywhere. This season though, they have been complete shit and almost looks doomed for the Championship already. I doubt Wilder suddenly became a worse coach over the summer

Another factor is that different managers are good at different kinds of jobs. Pulis and Fat Sam are experts at making smaller teams hard to beat by playing shit on a stick football and shithousing themselves to draws and tight wins. They would be awful at City or with us. Pep as another example is great at managing big egos and getting his superstar squads to produce some lovely football but if he had to manage Watford or Palace i would bet my left bollock he would be incredibly unhappy and take them straight down

And Ole is worse than Moyes? Really? The latter took the league champions and took them to 8th place, the other took a club in complete chaos and took them 6th. And stop with the disingenuous Cardiff bollocks please. Moyes relegated Sunderland in 16/17. Guess we should call him "failed Sunderland manager" or something like that?

Edit: And taking motivational and man management skills out of the equation is just daft. These players are still human and no amount of technical coaching or "patterns of play" is going to produce results or even good football if the players are completely demotivated and hates their managers guts

Zen86

There's been plenty of PL sackings following Ole's at Cardiff and I don't remember him being in the running to get the vacant job. I don't think PL clubs were checking for him. Maybe they will be now after the decent job he's done at United. Put it this way, if he wasn't a United legend, do you think he would have gotten the job?
Well that’s obviously why he got the job. It’s also why Lampard got the Chelsea job, then there’s Arteta, Zidane, Guardiola, Pirlo, and countless others who got their job through prior association with the club. It’s not a stick to beat him with.

AshRK

But shouldn't we be judging the manager on the basis of that. Why is it always when Ole is discussed his cardiff time is solely discussed and peopel act as if last season never happened. 66 points or not the guy finished 3rd and that is his achievement in PL football, not relegating Cardiff.

Yes if he wasn't United legend he wouldn't have gotten the chance but he also got the job because he was in management and not walking his dog in norway and suddenly got the job. And this if buts theory can be applied to many managers. If pep wasn't barca legend he wouldn't have got barca job, if Zidane wasn't madrid legend he wouldn't have gotten madrid job, if arteta wasn't an ex arsenal player he wouldn't have been managing arsenal and similarly lampard wouldn't be managing chelsea if he wasn't their legend.

The point I am making is how can someone with full confidence say he is the worst manager in the league and will not get any other PL job. It has no base to it. Maybe just maybe other clubs would be interested in him and he has some good connection with some other clubs who may be now interested in him.

tomaldinho1

If this is purely on what we see on the pitch and we have to forget trophies they have won, it would be an interesting line up.

Klopp, Hasenhuttl and Bielsa probably are the three who have impressed me the most.

• Klopp has obviously spent the most but he got to two CL finals in a row and won the PL. His teams rarely concede (although maybe this year it's different!), score a lot of goals and he has developed a lot of players from being good to being great/arguably world class in their specific roles (Mane, Salah, Firmino, Henderon, TAA, Robertson, Wijnaldum)
  • Hasenhuttl I can see ending up at a big club - his time with Leipzig was great and he's taken a really bog standard Southampton team to not just surviving in the PL but created a good team, even with them having good players poached, and also getting a striker to 20+ goals despite being nowhere near the top 4. Since he's reverted to his 4222 formation, they are probably the side I think has performed best given the relative strength of their squad.
  • Bielsa. What a coach. I hate the fact he's made Leeds 'cool' and everyone loves them now (and more annoyingly a good football team) but it is so crystal clear when you watch them that he is a tactical fanatic. They have impressed me and I think a lot of bigger clubs with more money, infrastructure and expensive players (us being chief amongst them) will be less inclined to pay such vast sums for players when it's evident what homegrown and inexpensive players can do with the right coach and mentality. Maybe they will burn out but they have less games than in the Championship so it will be interesting to see.
EDIT: Maybe OP should specify PL coaches (excluding Ole) given most of this thread is just arguing about him

Last edited:

Kamprad

All fair.

On Hodgson: he's always difficult to asses. Managing in Finland, Sweden, Norway , Denmark, and Switzerland (and wherever else he has been!) is probably similar to managing at the Championship and League 1 levels in England, depending on the country. So that's similar to Wilder's background in the lower leagues and Potter's work in Sweden. But of course Hodgson has been doing it for a much longer time and had some big successes along the way (I see his Wiki even contains a paragraph on his transformative influence on football in Sweden, alongside Bob Houghton). Also some failures, but then that's normal in a longer career. Hard to compare up & coming coaches with someone who's been around forever.
Yes, Roy and Bob has had a big influence on Swedish football regarding playing style. During their era in Sweden there was a huge debate and a crossroad which way to go. The German style with libero or the english 4-4-2 with zonal defence. Many give credit to Roy and Bobs huge success as the reason why Swedish football almost without exeption played the English style of football. The last 10 years has seen some changes but the 4-4-2 style has been dominating Swedish football all the way from youth teams to first team for a number of decades.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
But shouldn't we be judging the manager on the basis of that. Why is it always when Ole is discussed his cardiff time is solely discussed and peopel act as if last season never happened. 66 points or not the guy finished 3rd and that is his achievement in PL football, not relegating Cardiff.

Yes if he wasn't United legend he wouldn't have gotten the chance but he also got the job because he was in management and not walking his dog in norway and suddenly got the job. And this if buts theory can be applied to many managers. If pep wasn't barca legend he wouldn't have got barca job, if Zidane wasn't madrid legend he wouldn't have gotten madrid job, if arteta wasn't an ex arsenal player he wouldn't have been managing arsenal and similarly lampard wouldn't be managing chelsea if he wasn't their legend.

The point I am making is how can someone with full confidence say he is the worst manager in the league and will not get any other PL job. It has no base to it. Maybe just maybe other clubs would be interested in him and he has some good connection with some other clubs who may be now interested in him.
I don't agree that he's the worst manager, frankly I think that's ridiculous. Where does that leave people like Lampard who has accomplished next to nothing so far? As is defining him by his short stint in Cardiff. Similarly though, I don't think he has the body of work to justify putting him among the top managers either. He's doing well with United, if not spectacularly, which is also his most recent job so that reflects well on him.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Honestly bemused why people rate Lampard higher than Ole? Whats the reasoning?
He does seem to have done better business in the transfer market - Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Chilwell all quality, but time will tell

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He does seem to have done better business in the transfer market - Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Chilwell all quality, but time will tell
He's also lost 30% of matches with a 51% win rate and conceded 89 goals. Ole has managed 34 more matches and we've only conceded 10 less. Underwhelming.

We'll see how he does in the next few months but if results don't pick up quickly he'll be gone.