Ranking Young English Number 10s/AM’s

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
A lot of serious English talent emerging in this position, a couple of those who should be on United’s radar if we knew what we were doing. Just wondering how you would rank them all against eachother right now (say in the queue for the Euro’s) and potentially in the future.

Maddison
Mount
Grealish
Barkley
Alli
Foden
Lingard

any others I’ve missed?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
A lot of serious English talent emerging in this position, a couple of those who should be on United’s radar if we knew what we were doing. Just wondering how you would rank them all against eachother right now (say in the queue for the Euro’s) and potentially in the future.

Maddison
Mount
Grealish
Barkley
Alli
Foden
Lingard

any others I’ve missed?
For the euros I'd probably say
Mount
Alli (assuming he continues his form under Jose)
Maddison
Barkley
Lingard
Foden (potentially the best of the lot but needs regular games so the euros might be too soon)
Grealish

SaidA_12

Right now it's between Mount Grealish Maddison and Alli for me. I would say:

Maddison
Grealish
Alli
Mount

Then in the future when Foden actually plays games and maybe Grealish moves to a better club then it would be more like:

Foden
Grealish
Maddison
Mount
Alli

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
(say in the queue for the Euro’s)
Well, if we go by England's last 6 games
England vs Kosovo
England vs Montenegro
England vs Bulgaria

England vs Czech Republic with Mount playing as a "number 10/am" and a game which England lost
England vs Kosovo
England vs Bulgaria

I'm not sure Southgate would be willing to deviate from his 4-3-3 system with the point facing downwards.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maddison
Alli
Grealish
Mount
Barkley
Foden (would be higher if Pep played him more possibly)
Lingard (should not be picked again given talent ahead of him)

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Lingard
Maddison
Grealish
Foden
Mount
Alli
Barkley

Foden is probably the best player but plays so little it's hard to rank him as the best. Any time I've seen him for prolonged periods has been in youth games where it's hard to get a gauge on just how good he is but you can see the talent is there.

Grealish and Maddison are fairly similar. I think Maddison is better but Grealish plays in a weaker team so stands out a little more.

Classical Mechanic

Maddison
Alli
Grealish
Mount
Barkley
Foden (would be higher if Pep played him more possibly)
Lingard (should not be picked again given talent ahead of him)
I doubt he will either, that’s the quandary with Alli, Maddison and Grealish. Pep always plays Foden as an 8 in his 4-3-3 but I don’t think it’s his best position. Grealish is showing form as a left forward currently and there is a space for that position on the bench currently so I think he could get in.