Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

Majestic. He is going to make mistakes but he brings so much confidence into our defense.

Raw

All this stuff with Ronaldo made me forget we got fecking Varane in defence. I can't believe the insane team we've got.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was great but still worried about couple of occasions where he missed it completely. The same kind of mistakes he did at Madrid.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He was amazing again. Composed too. Unlucky to be left 2 v 1 for the goal.

Lebo

Instantly looks head and shoulders above Maguire. Here is to a great partnership for the the next few years

Sylar

His partnership with Maguire will get better

He's class though, and what we needed next to Maguire

Abraxas

Quietly settling in. No mad last dash actions or horrendous calamities, has just impressively slotted in so far and put in a couple of 7/10s with a minimum of fuss.

Bobski

He was great but still worried about couple of occasions where he missed it completely. The same kind of mistakes he did at Madrid.
He has some strange moments but you will get that with aggressive front foot defenders. Clear upgrade on Lindelof who might not make many blatant mistakes but plays in such a cautious, fearful manner that allows dangerous attacks to develop when guys like Varane stop them at source.

Firefly

100% duels won? What is a duel?? Didn't he get done for in first half near sideline?

Not really studied the situation more then I saw on TV but felt he committed to soon on their goal, not a good situation to get but should have given ball holder space and be ready to track/cover shot from the player to his left. There was Man Utd players coming for the ball holder.

Great in the air though from him.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He's clearly absolute class. Just getting started as well.

Becks_VII

He was excellent today! So classy on and off the ball. Really reminds me a bit of Rio at times. There was some situations today I was so glad it was him rather than Lindelof and he made it look so easy.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Instantly looks head and shoulders above Maguire. Here is to a great partnership for the the next few years
Why on earth do we need to knock one player to praise another at this club. Very annoying.

Rojofiam

Why on earth do we need to knock one player to praise another at this club. Very annoying.
They don't understand that if you could pick 1 defender in the whole world to partner and complement Maguire, it would be Varane. They're both top class, but Varane has started better admittedly

Lebo

that’s not what I meant. Maguire is actually a great defender and to sign someone who looks better is better for the partnership and the team. Defence is always about team play and organisation so I’m happy with their performance given that they played without protection from midfield

diarm

Rolls Royce of a performance today. He just looks so composed and in control at all times.

RuudTom83

What a fecking team United have! You forget its his Old Trafford debut today...such a classy player.

Ludens the Red

What an absolute beast. I know he’ll have his off days but when on song not many better in this league.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I'm currently in a CR7 wonderland... But longer term I reckon Verane is going to be a beast for us. Immense at the back and a threat going forward as well

SAF is the GOAT

TBH Joelinton beat him at least twice with a dribble but still great defensively, and aerially.

Ace of Spades

The difference he makes is immense, good in the air and does not retreat immediately. Also, huge help in set piece defending, which we clearly needed.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
that’s not what I meant. Maguire is actually a great defender and to sign someone who looks better is better for the partnership and the team. Defence is always about team play and organisation so I’m happy with their performance given that they played without protection from midfield
Fair enough mate

UnitedWA

Perfect, he almost saved the situation when they got their 1st goal. Really like his moving on our corner kicks, next time I guess he'll get a goal!

Revan

Assumptionman
Our best CB since Vidic got injured at the beginning of 11-12 season. Our only CB since Vidic and Rio left. He is gonna be as important as Bruno and Pogba this season (of course, less important than the King).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Our best CB since Vidic got injured at the beginning of 11-12 season. Our only CB since Vidic and Rio left. He is gonna be as important as Bruno and Pogba this season (of course, less important than the King).
You’re not giving Maguire any of the massive credit he deserves.

Revan

Assumptionman
You’re not giving Maguire any of the massive credit he deserves.
I think that Magure is very good, but at least one class below true world-class CBs like Varane, VVD, or Rio and Vidic in the past. I think that VVD, Varane and Dias are the three best defenders in the league. Maguire is there with Laporte and Stones

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Makes an enormous difference. Our best defender.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's unreal, just does it all with ease and little to no fuss. Was over the mood we signed, thought he would be our best signing this summer until Ronaldo signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.