Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Taking away the fact we had an extra CB in, it felt much more assured at the back. Coincidence its the game he comes back?

He truly is head and shoulders above the other two, but looked like it had a knock on effect and worked for us.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Thank god he's back, he's probably not even fully fit and he's still comfortably our best defender.

RUCK4444

Oozes class, steps out when needed, tracks runners with bags of pace, clears up so many crosses as well.

We have to keep him fit and firing.

PoTMS

He's twice as good as our next best centre back. Ideally we could ship Maguire out and bring in a left sided centre back.

KeanoMagicHat

The pace covering for Maguire’s dodgy moments was everything and always in the right place. Class act.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's so good you barely notice him. Nothing brilliant on the ball, but he's not making silly mistakes, he's good in the air, he's rapid. World class.

His composure rubs off on the others.

cyberman

In a back 3 he can pick and choose where to go and when to press. It could really play to his world class strengths.
Like how Silva plays for Chelsea but in his prime

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Crazy that he was even dropped

kundalini

Super performance. Got his head on crosses, shut down opposing forwards, calm in defence.

Eric_the_Red99

Crazy that he was even dropped
What??! He was injured playing for France in that tinpot glorified friendly tournament.

I can’t help thinking about how the last few matches could have been different if Varane had played

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Hopefully Ole decides to give him another chance now.

united for life

This is what a proper defender looks like. Composed, in the right place and solid. Had a good game today.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Gotta respect the hustle going in for a second try.
Definitely, he tried him once, didn’t work out. Gave him a bit of time out of the squad and reaped the rewards today. Looked much more focused. Credit for not giving up on him like he has Sancho.

El Jefe

Varane plus 1. It was obvious from his first games against Wolves and Southampton that he holds the defence together and prevents the type of collapses that we saw vs Leicester and Liverpool.

Excellent defender and when Maguire and Shaw pull their finger out, we should have a very strong back four.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Champions. League. Varane.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Ole should still be sacked for dropping him in the first place Pexbo am I doing this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.