Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Maybe I was watching a different game but I thought he was fine? He had 1 silly moment in the 1st half but that was it. He was actually the only player that wasn't shitting the bed with nerves and looked like be had CL experience.

captaincantona

Looked panicked, erratic, not like a CL winner. Really disappointing from him. Athletico were shite...pure shite...you buy players like him to instill calmness and security. He looked anything but and “fine” is not good enough when he is one of only a handful of players you expect to take responsibility in these types of games.

really disappointed with him last night.

Andersonson

In the first half he was very sloppy and didnt look like a top Defender at all. Very erratic. Hopefully just a bad game

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Lack of communication between Rafa and De Gea caused the first goal. Just before the goal, Varane poorly headed away a ball that clearly should've been De Gea's, which led directly to Madrid's goal. Don't know if big Dave called for it or what, but very poor between the two. Considering Dave and Harry had a very similar lack of communication minutes before, I suspect De Gea might be the guilty party.

Sylar

He looked like championship Varane. There was no calmness about him

BlueHaze

We've signed another Phil Jones havn't we? Missed half the season with injuries and as a result he's getting no consistency.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Pointless being our best CB (not convinced he is) when missing for half the games. More wasted money.

Swedish_Plumber

Oh dear. Isn’t really a shock, world class defender when fit but he isn’t fit nearly enough.

Probably be yet another big name signing that we look back on and think what if.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Can't he play anyway? No restrictions now? Obviously he must not feel well. But if a player gets it and feels fine, they can play, right?

Deery

Dreary
Can't he play anyway? No restrictions now? Obviously he must not feel well. But if a player gets it and feels fine, they can play, right?
No, you still have to isolate, until you get double negative or something.

saivet

General as far as I know.
Just guidance rather than a rule. You don't have to self isolate but its recommend that you do as you described.

Would be a bad look to play him (even if asymptomatic), plus would increase the risk of it spreading so in no ones best interest.

Bobski

It was always going to be an issue with Varane. He is not quite the player he was a few years back and his injuries have contributed to that, key to why Madrid were content to let him go.

Lee565

Another schweinsteiger, except varane cost a big fee, I had a bad feeling about this transfer as it made little sense why a player would choose us over madrid at this moment in time aside from $$$ which is not the reason you want a player coming to your club for

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Another schweinsteiger, except varane cost a big fee, I had a bad feeling about this transfer as it made little sense why a player would choose us over madrid at this moment in time aside from $$$ which is not the reason you want a player coming to your club for
Except he has actually been pretty good when he's played whereas Schweiny never got out of first gear.

antk

We were joking a few days ago; what injury will Varane get this time to miss the City match? Has he played any big games since he joined us? Atletico is the only one I can I can think of.
It was always going to be an issue with Varane. He is not quite the player he was a few years back and his injuries have contributed to that, key to why Madrid were content to let him go.
He has COVID.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's not injured...

Bwuk

I like Varane but he hasn’t solved any issues. He’s a great CB but if you had to give his season a scoring it’d be a 6/10 at best.

Pirlo'sBeard

I feel the Varane criticism is too harsh.

It's hardly his fault he got covid. He's been by far our best defender and it's shown in most games he's played. Our defence is much better with him in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.