Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Loved the way he pushes foward in the last few mins. Excellent leader.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His passing is superb, especially with his weaker foot.

Devil may care

Couple of moments where he looked surprised at the pace of the game, but overall a solid performance, don't think there was much he could do about the deflection although I'm sure the hardcases's will say he should have used his face.

He is cementing himself as our best defender. The most impressive thing is his calmness on the ball, whilst also being dominant and aggressive when he needs to be. You don't often get both in one player.

Nick7

Thought he was quality. Unlucky with their goal and a loose pass back to De Gea to give away the corner but other than that very good.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Unlucky for the goal but made a few sloppy passes. Maguire too. Hopefully they pack it in because they're so good.

RUCK4444

He looked absolute class today, unlucky with their goal.

I think both him and Maguire have another level they can find as a partnership as they get time to play together.

Foxbatt

Good game, was a bit out of position for their goal but dealt well with most threats
I don't think he was. It was a midfielder players job to cover that space. His mistake was turning his back if he is to be blamed.
He is top quality.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Poor first half. Let their player have a a free shot near the end by not getting close which could've been a goal.

Better second.

Maguire having some brainfarts lately makes him look our best CB but we should expect better.

All in all it's early days and for a CB coming to PL it's been good so far.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Top performance. Very dominant.

Only mistake was turning his back on the shot, but that was very unlucky also.

Really happy with him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
One word to describe Varane, and that's 'classy'.

Doesn't do anything flashy, just does everything with class, positionally is near faultless, solid in the air, brilliant with his feet.
Just an absolute pleasure to have him in this team.

Sylar

Whilst he was unlucky with the deflection, it's also partly his fault for turning his body the way he did. If he doesn't turn I reckon it's similar to mctominay in the second half

He's classy on the ball though. Think he had one moment second half which went for a corner but other than that great to have him

UpWithRivers

One word to describe Varane, and that's 'classy'.

Doesn't do anything flashy, just does everything with class, positionally is near faultless, solid in the air, brilliant with his feet.
Just an absolute pleasure to have him in this team.
I was just going intelligent but classy sounds better. He just knows how to play the role. Always in the right place. Always making the right decisions. Class.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Excellent once again. Still can't believe he plays for us, so happy to see him in the United shirt. Pure class

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I was just going intelligent but classy sounds better. He just knows how to play the role. Always in the right place. Always making the right decisions. Class.
Intelligent works too :lol:

largelyworried

Great player. I love how far he pushes up with the ball. Given how limited we are at building through midfield, his tendency to carry the ball right into midfield could be very useful.

RedDevil250

Great player and performance, but if Lindelof turned away like Varane did for the goal, he'd have been crucified.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This what a top defender looks like — even when he gets unlucky with the deflection.

Juansar_07

Good composure on the ball. Sometimes aggressive in carrying the ball up front. Has done this quite a few times already which really is appreciable.

Although could have done a bit more for the goal but overall he's quality and excels at the back more often than not.

SAFMUTD

I think he's getting more praised than what he deserves, the goal wasn't his fault but there was another play at the end of the first half when he lost his man and we were lucky not to concede as the shot went over the bar.

He's good but it this was Lindelof there's no way he'll be getting the same praise.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Good performance. He is also almost the only one in our team who doesn’t take 20 touches before releasing the ball.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Remember when people thought Maguire is great on the ball? Hopefully people who didn't see further than Maguire see what being good defender on the ball means. Being great on the ball as a defender doesn't mean being great at turning in circles with the ball, slowing the game at every opportunity, and taking few touches too much every time you have the ball.

He was good last year though, in very poor form for start of this one, he can do better than this. If we turn back to Lindelof we are fecked.

MDFC Manager

I think he's getting more praised than what he deserves, the goal wasn't his fault but there was another play at the end of the first half when he lost his man and we were lucky not to concede as the shot went over the bar.

He's good but it this was Lindelof there's no way he'll be getting the same praise.
Well that's mainly because even with the odd mistake, there's a feeling of reliability and calmness with Varane, which is quite the opposite of Lindelof.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Very solid today and I also remember in first half there was time he made a header clearance where there was a player behind him. It’s important header in my view because everytime I saw that with Lindelof, lindelof always bottle it and just let the ball slip through him.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he was pretty good yesterday. Got caught out a few times positionally but mostly because he was covering Maguire who had gone to Tesco 24 express. You can certainly see the difference when Varane has the ball and I don’t feel that lump in my throat when o see him 1 on 1 with someone like I get with Maguire.

Nowt he could really do about the OG struck the one point on his body that would make it carry on that way In his elbow. Hit anywhere else like his midriff and DeGea probably has plenty of time to sort his feet.

romufc

What really has stood out is his leadership, he tells Maguire exactly where he wants him to pass the ball, then carries it and can play a pass with both feet.

He just looks so comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.