Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
No he hasn't, he's been good overall.
No he hasn't. Varane has been very average so far this season. A couple of very good games here and there, but at least as many terrible games as well. And overall he's just been average.

Lindelof was comfortably better than him in the first half of the season, although he's fallen away quite badly in the second half.

KeanoMagicHat

No he hasn't. Varane has been very average so far this season. A couple of very good games here and there, but at least as many terrible games as well. And overall he's just been average.

Lindelof was comfortably better than him in the first half of the season, although he's fallen away quite badly in the second half.
I disagree, it's no coincidence that Varane missed:

Conceding 4 against Leicester
Conceding 5 against Liverpool
Conceding 4 against Watford
Conceding 4 against City
Conceding 4 against Liverpool (again)

Lindelof played in 4 of these 5 games and was poor in them iirc.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He hasn’t been that good when he has been fit. He’s been okay, nothing standout. He isn’t the player we thought we were getting

Gottabekiddingme

Give the guy a break. He had Ramos alongside him and Casemiro in front of him. Now he plays with Maguire and McTominay. He'll never look as good as he did until we bring players who are at his level

Devil may care

Good performance, glad to see him get a goal at Old Trafford, him and Lindelof are definitely our best partnership.

romufc

Where are the stats since we bought him. Don't need the stats before this.
So that makes him injury prone? Do you even know the definition of injury prone?

You said thats why he was sold? When he was playing 40 times a season.

Bestietom

So that makes him injury prone? Do you even know the definition of injury prone?

You said thats why he was sold? When he was playing 40 times a season.
Real don't let top players go unless there is something wrong. We will see how he fairs out over next season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Thought it was a very neat goal to have as your first, hopefully there are more to come.

romufc

Real don't let top players go unless there is something wrong. We will see how he fairs out over next season.
I guess there was something fundamentally wrong with Ronaldo? Xabi Alonso, Di Maria, Kovacic, Hakimi, Llorente

romufc

Arjen Robben and Wesley Sneijder probably the best examples. Makalele would be up there too.
I really dont get where fans get this from? Real wont sell unless there is something wrong with the player?

Making up so much crap, first saying Varane was injury prone, then realising the facts they saw on twitter are wrong, then saying oh they only let him go because they thought there is something wrong with him.

Tavern in the town

Even if this was true what exactly does “let him go” mean? He refused to sign a new contract, are they supposed to hold him at gunpoint or something?

Classical Mechanic

I really dont get where fans get this from? Real wont sell unless there is something wrong with the player?

Making up so much crap, first saying Varane was injury prone, then realising the facts they saw on twitter are wrong, then saying oh they only let him go because they thought there is something wrong with him.
They were hard up because of Covid so tried to resign him on less money. He wanted to leave. He always wanted to play in the PL. It's fair to say that Real didn't see him as a crucial player but I don't think you can say he's injury prone based of what we've seen this season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They were hard up because of Covid so tried to resign him on less money. He wanted to leave. He always wanted to play in the PL. It's fair to say that Real didn't see him as a crucial player but I don't think you can say he's injury prone based of what we've seen this season.
They tried to resign him since 2019.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’ll be a big big player for us next season. Needed a year to get in the swing of things I think.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
His gait seems a bit strange, like he's holding back when running. Has it always been like that? I'm not sure he is 100 % physically.

Blood Mage

His fitness is the only concern, absolutely masterful defender once he manages to string a few games together. Will be one of the most important players for Ten Hag.

Sylar

Do think we need a strong defender next to him. Lindelof I dont think is the answer. Maguire probably isnt either.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He is an elite player because he gets it. Dude has won everything in football, and rather than be speculative about ETH, he said he's excited to work with him.

He is elite because he gets it!

Alfie092

If he can stay injury free and be partnered with a quality CB, I am confident he will shine next season and see the best of Varane! Hopefully we can get at least 2-3 good seasons out of him minimum.

A-man

Played very well, but tbh playing well against Brentford was kind of the lowest level I expected from him. For me both his injuries and his performance have been a bit disappointing. What I liked most with last game was how good we looked in possession at the back (except some panic passes from Dalot). Much faster and at the same time calmer than normal and something to build on.

Brighton 4:0 Man Utd

M Bison

Supports
York City
Our season has been one big disappointment, and so has Varane. Can’t believe he was seen as a world class defender and should improve our defence. Been so poor, all season.

Hopefully ETH can get him back to his best.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Another tosser who signed up for the United pension plan. Swan about, pick up £350,000 a week and wait for internet fanboys to call him "graceful" when he manages to pull off a 30 yard ball every now and again.

OmarUnited4ever

He was so shit today , I excused his below average performances in the past but no more, he is a terrible defender

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looked like an absolute clown, and it's not the first time. Having an actual midfield in front of him would help of course, but he's not doing himself any favours.

el3mel

He's an absolute clown. We got mugged so hard it's unbelievable.

Another shitty signing for marketing purposes and nothing else.

BarstoolProphet

I thought we finally got rid of Chris Smalling only for him to magically reappear again this season.

marktan

The new Maguire.

I don't think people realise that defenders on their own don't stop goals. You could put Van Djik in this team and we'd still leak goals.

lost7

Awful performance, this first season from him has been extremely disappointing. He better step up over the summer or people will start turning on him (and rightly so)

Status
Not open for further replies.