Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

Not sure if I've done this right but this is record whenever Maguire and Varane have played together:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rap...ium=2&wettbewerb=&liga=&verein=&pos=&status=0

Very small sample size but I reckon if they both get fit and have enough games together, it could work quite well. On paper, they match each other quite well.

I know the premier league is very different to la liga and I don't think he's had a bad season, but I have to admit I was expecting a bit more leadership from him given his experience and reputation playing for Real and France. Boss games a bit more.

Fully appreciate his first season has been a complete shambles from a coaching perspective so here's to hoping under some proper guidance from ETH we get to see a world class CB next season
Yes, this is something I expected too. He made comments about needing a pre-season so I'm optimistic once he gets that, he'll build on some consistency.

city-puma

We have so many coming back late due to international games. Almost no sufficient rest and preseason. They started picking up injuries one by one. Varane is one of them. Considering his age, I would categorize his transfer a bad decision. Maybe, next few seasons he can proof us wrong.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
To be honest, it's time to step up and be that CB and leader we expect and know that he can be. I have a feeling when i see him on the pitch that he is too satisfied to have signed his (probably) last long big pay check and the doesnt really care if we win or lose.

Red00012

It’s best we forget last season on a lot of levels including this fellas last 10 months. Underwhelming.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Really disappointing but without the risk of sounding like the hopeful falcao days he has shown glimpses of his quality
Like so many other players, he looked good when he arrived.
And like so many, is performance levels dropped alarmingly.
You don't become a bad player overnight.
Needs proper training, coaching and organisation and I am sure we will see his true capabilities.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He'd have one more CL to his name if he stayed. I bet he's thinking that right now.

CloneMC16

Just read that he pulled up with another hamstring injury playing for France. We bought a crock.

CloneMC16

:(

And once he was subbed, France caved.
Not surprised. He's a good player, but his injuries are a huge concern. According to transfermarkt, he's spent three months of this season out injured. We can't rely on him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not surprised. He's a good player, but his injuries are a huge concern. According to transfermarkt, he's spent three months of this season out injured. We can't rely on him.
Yeah, it's a bit of a tragedy.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He can't be relied on at all. Another disaster of a signing.

Blood Mage

Another crocked CB that we're stuck with. I love him as a player but he was an appalling signing in hindsight and we should have signed Pau Torres last summer instead.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He had lots of injuries when he was younger, but seemed to get over them for a good few years at Madrid. Now it looks like those early injuries are taking their toll on him. I think he’s mainly been a bit shite when he has played.

Tavern in the town

He had lots of injuries when he was younger, but seemed to get over them for a good few years at Madrid. Now it looks like those early injuries are taking their toll on him. I think he’s mainly been a bit shite when he has played.
Yeah that’s the worse bit. It’d be one thing if his injuries were the only issue but it looks like he’s over the hill too.

Deery

Dreary
Can’t see this ending well, he’s obviously crocked, could make you cry the amount of terrible mistakes made at this club..

SAF is the GOAT

Released through injury against Denmark, Raphaël Varane took scans this morning. It revealed a small injury to his left hamstring.
It's not very deep but he should leave the group, because it will probably take him 10 days before playing again [Tanziloic]

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Maybe we should look at getting rid of him, any big clubs who may want to take a shot at it?
Shame, he's such a classy player.

OmarUnited4ever

This is the tweet

He is becoming an injury prone player, hopefully he takes a break and gets ready for the pre-season.

Dominos

He deserves another season before we write him off as a completely unreliable crock, but his injuries are very concerning. It's not the first time he's picked up injury on international duty since joining us, players picking up injuries when not even playing for us is incredibly irritating.

We need to wrap him in cotton wool next season, don't play him in any Europa/cup games unless they're big ties, keep him fit for the league games.

m1tch

To think we've typically got up to 4 centre backs in the treatment room.... Varane, Jones, Bailey, Tuansebe. You can't run a club like this. Signing Varane was Ole going for broke in a last throw of the dice, but we can't count on him going forward and need to sign centre backs accordingly.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Like they say in American football, the best ability is availability. I see why we are looking at two potential center backs

Revaulx

Someone mock him up as Mr Glass
Mad king Charles VI of France, who lost the Battle of Agincourt and later became Henry V’s father in law, thought that he was made of glass and had iron rods sewn into his clothes to stop his limbs from breaking.

Maybe we should try something similar with Varane?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Like they say in American football, the best ability is availability. I see why we are looking at two potential center backs
A very underrated quality on here. The likes of Varane, Cavani, Shaw and others lack of availability last season contributed to it being such a disaster.

fps

A lot colder in Manchester than Madrid, can't be good for those hamstrings.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Mad king Charles VI of France, who lost the Battle of Agincourt and later became Henry V’s father in law, thought that he was made of glass and had iron rods sewn into his clothes to stop his limbs from breaking.

Maybe we should try something similar with Varane?
:lol: Imagine that

Revaulx

:lol: Imagine that
As long as I’ve supported United our players have seemed significantly more injury-prone than other clubs’. Atkinson never stood a chance of success when four of his key players (McGrath, Moses, Robson and Whiteside) were all crocks. SAF’s initial rebuild stuttered badly largely as a result of injuries (Webb, Robson again, Danny Wallace with MS :(). And that’s not even going back to the days of Fitzpatrick and Storey-Moore…

Revaulx

A very underrated quality on here. The likes of Varane, Cavani, Shaw and others lack of availability last season contributed to it being such a disaster.
I’m not a Maguire fan at all, but his resilience for a United defender is truly remarkable.

Hope that hasn’t jinxed him :nervous:

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Looks like Madrid sold him at the right time. Hopefully he can turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.