Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Please watch the games, Lindelof has on many occasions refused the pass out to wing to AWB and Casemiro on numerous occasions. Case showed his annoyance as he and other are open but Lindelof thinks, thinks again and then turn to pass sideways or back to DDG. It those moments that slows everything down if the pass isn't made you loose progressive movement forward and allows the opposition to reset. The same when its plays to Martial and he collects and goes for the run around the roundabout on his own before moving forward the opposition are reset. Its only fractions but it counts over and over to weak penetration of the opposition back line. Lindelof is a satisfactory back up but no more than that and would never be a first team starter if Varane or another, next year, is available.
This is spot on, and applies to Maguire as well, both are risk averse when it comes to playing out of the back.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I can't believe there are people saying on merit Varane doesn't get back in the team. Ludicrous.

glasgow 21

This is spot on, and applies to Maguire as well, both are risk averse when it comes to playing out of the back.
Correct watching better team they make the progressive pass without thought, they have already decided to make it before the ball arrives. The receiver (general under pressure) controls the hard pass with one touch and moves. We for a long time have accepted players unwilling to pass to a player unless he has a 5 metre empty circle around him that is empty, risk avert. We have also accepted to field players who whilst controlling a ball it bounces further away from him than i can kick it. Simply, take the ball under pressure or get back to the changing rooms and call yourself a taxi. Our standards have to to be raised if we are ever going to challenge again.

Sgreddevil

De Gea got to thank him and Lisandro if he gets the golden glove for this season.
Look at the difference he made. I don't remember De Gea had a need to make a real save for the match at all.
Real world class defenders protect their GK well to minimise the need for them to make a save. They cut off the attack before it even gets near to the danger zone.

jesperjaap

Correct watching better team they make the progressive pass without thought, they have already decided to make it before the ball arrives. The receiver (general under pressure) controls the hard pass with one touch and moves. We for a long time have accepted players unwilling to pass to a player unless he has a 5 metre empty circle around him that is empty, risk avert. We have also accepted to field players who whilst controlling a ball it bounces further away from him than i can kick it. Simply, take the ball under pressure or get back to the changing rooms and call yourself a taxi. Our standards have to to be raised if we are ever going to challenge again.
Agree, laughable really the thoughts of Lindelof starting over Varane after 3/4 decent games. Shaw is the only player Lindelof has looked good besides and he should be at left back.

Always found the talk of Lindelof beign good on the ball strange too. As you say both he and Maguire slow the game down and are overly negative in there passing. All they do well in that area is Lindelof sometimes carries the ball otu well....still doesnt know what to do with it usually and Maguire can play some very good long passes....about 1 in 4 comes off. Maguire/Lindelof and McFred we have had for a while and both partnerships have had a lot to do with why we have been so dreadful, we have improved this season not just because Martinez and Casemeiro have been excellent players in there firs seasons but also because they have ended that dross

Dominos

He'll be rested in one of Chelsea/Fulham games, but think he'll play two out of last three league games.
I think the only way he's rested is if we win both Bournemouth and Chelsea with him playing, and then we can rest anyone and everyone against Fulham anyway as it's a dead rubber.

Until we've got the 6 points we need, these are must-win games and it would be absurd to rest him in a must-win game.

It's not ideal for him to play Thursday-Sunday given he's made of glass but if top 4 is on the line you have to bite the bullet and play him.

BorisManUtd

I think the only way he's rested is if we win both Bournemouth and Chelsea with him playing, and then we can rest anyone and everyone against Fulham anyway as it's a dead rubber.

Until we've got the 6 points we need, these are must-win games and it would be absurd to rest him in a must-win game.

It's not ideal for him to play Thursday-Sunday given he's made of glass but if top 4 is on the line you have to bite the bullet and play him.
You're most probably right but I guess it also depends on what Liverpool do - if they beat Leicester tonight and Villa on Saturday, then we definitely need Varane for both Chelsea and Fulham.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Definitely no change of doing it without him. He’s a rolls Royce

Strats

Plays well together with Lindelöf. We wouldn't have been 1 point from finishing top 4 with Maguire starting ahead of him.

Sylar

His positioning against opposing attacks is so good. It's defo gonna be very important against city that he plays.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Play him vs Chelsea, get the job done and rest him against Fulham.
Exactly. You never look like losing with him playing. Positioning is so good, and he never panics.

lex talionis

Incredible footballer. He won’t be here long enough to ever to become a United legend, but he plays at a level not far off Rio at his peak.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Incredible footballer. He won’t be here long enough to ever to become a United legend, but he plays at a level not far off Rio at his peak.
Of course he can be a legend, as long as he can keep relatively fit, not a given obviously, he can play another 3-4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.