Raphaël Varane - Summer 2019

IrishRedDevil

Varane has announced that he wants to leave this summer.

Expected cost is €100m.

El Chiringuito is a reliable source:

Considering Woody tried to sign him before, is this one a goer?

He will be turning 26 later this month. The Caf probably thinks he is ready for a nursing home.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He's not had too impressive a season, has he? Though that's probably true for a lot of those Madrid players.

Also injury prone? I've been a big fan of his, for sure. But I must admit, I haven't followed Madrid outside of all the big games too really have a strong opinion - especially not at 100m.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Just a bit on the journalist. According to reddit he's tier1 for Madrid so this is reliable.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We should do everything to sign him. Brilliant CB.

Hawks2008

Honestly think he's overrated, but he puts the 'wood' in Woodward so I can see this happening.

Cloud7

Well, I guess this is where I’ll be camped out all summer. My hand is on my zipper for the first sign of any positive news on our end :drool:

cyberman

Get him. It's Madrid that needs funds this year and this is it.
Is he pals with Pogba? Would keep him happy here if that's the case.
always thought Varane was the reason why Ramos is so overrated. If Varane scored goals he would be what Ramos is now.

ErranMorad

Aren't there issues with his knees? Should we be worried that he has never had more than 27 league appearances in a single season in his time at Madrid?

Good player. Not a 100m player, imo. However, Eddie the idiot has already told the world that's what he would pay for the player. So, I guess he won't be coming to us for anything less.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Pay whatever it takes. I can see him having the same impact as Van Dijk. He's an absolute rock at the back.

Champagne Football

If Real are obsessed with offloading Varane to replace him with Koulibaly then they obviously feel Varane is not good enough.

When Real are eager to offload a player it's often because they are overrated as has proven the case with James Rodriguez, Kovacic, Morata etc

Ban

Is it wise to spend that much on a CB while having more urgent concerns. Somethings fishy but I'm sure Ed will take the bait.

Scholsey2004

He's not had too impressive a season, has he? Though that's probably true for a lot of those Madrid players.

Also injury prone? I've been a big fan of his, for sure. But I must admit, I haven't followed Madrid outside of all the big games too really have a strong opinion - especially not at 100m.
Played 28 games for real this season so doesn't appear to be missing games due to injury.

Decomposing In Paris

If Real are obsessed with offloading Varane to replace him with Koulibaly then they obviously feel Varane is not good enough.

When Real are eager to offload a player it's often because they are overrated as has proven the case with James Rodriguez, Kovacic, Morata etc
Maybe Varane is just fed up. He gets very little protection at Madrid, and although that list backs up your point there are other lists that show the oppossite.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If it's true that he wants out, we will sign him.
Ed told the world he's ready to pay that much thinking he'd never be available...the fool. :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Remember when we were going to sign him, but we signed Smalling and Jones instead and he decided it was too much competition? good times.

Scholsey2004

Surely if Varanes has just up and decided to leave Real then it's because somebody has offered him big wages that real were unwilling to match. It's either got to be PSG or us surely? I dont see City being in for a CB right now. It's probably PSG mind.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I'm not sure about this guy, but I wouldn't be against it. He's a great athlete though but he's played for some really good teams with the likes of Kante and Ramos to help him look good.

cyberman

Is it wise to spend that much on a CB while having more urgent concerns. Somethings fishy but I'm sure Ed will take the bait.
CB is an urgent concern.
Varane
Midfielder
Sancho
CHO
250m odd.

job done, especially if the keeping funds from Jose last year for his replacement story turns out to be true.

Ban

CB is an urgent concern.
Varane
Midfielder
Sancho
CHO
250m odd.

job done, especially if the keeping funds from Jose last year for his replacement story turns out to be true.
RW and RB are more urgent, I'd say even a midfield. We won't spend that much anyway.

Or they're no longer flavour of the month; Di Maria, Ozil, Robben. They always want the latest shiny new toy and sometimes good players get pushed aside for them.

I'd love Varane here and it's probably the position we most urgently need to improve. I don't know how he'd fare under the barrage of long balls he might occasionally face in England but he's a great player. 10 finals, 10 trophies. That's some record.

3KDré

Ain’t happening but if there is a slight chance of him being available we should throw money at it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Has that happened at all?
No, he had two offers on the table both agreed by Lens and he chose Madrid. Probably because Zidane called him and made sure that he felt needed and surrounded in Madrid.

ErranMorad

No, he had two offers on the table both agreed by Lens and he chose Madrid. Probably because Zidane called him and made sure that he felt needed and surrounded in Madrid.
Give the latest scouting report on him, bud. Starting with issue with his knees, his defensive nous, heading ability....the whole 9 yards. Thanks in advance.

gr3yham3

Smells like what happened with Ramos some seasons back when he "absolutely wants to leave Real".