Raphael Varane injury | Expected to be out 3-4 weeks

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

hobbers

Expect him rushed back for Watford (if Ole escapes the sack). And then he'll get injured again.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Varane was cleared to play by the Manchester United medical staff

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I mean good thing there’s an international break. We need him to stay fit though when he comes back.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He had 2 weeks of training before the Spurs game but anything to fit the agenda.
That's rich, talking about agendas :lol: He was reportedly back in training 3 days before Spurs.

fergosaurus

Massive blow. Could potentially miss City, Watford, Villarreal and Chelsea.

ti vu

I mean he completed 90 minutes fine against Spurs?
Why shouldn't Varane be rested when the game is done and dusted? Why Cavani subbed off instead and only used for part of second half against Atalanta? Wouldn't it be sensible to be more careful with player just returning from injury?

GMoore23

Varane was cleared to play by the Manchester United medical staff
That doesn't mean he should have been expected to play back to back crucial 90 minute games. He was literally only back in training 3 days for the spurs game and Ole turned him out for 2 starts in 4 days. He's injured because our managers severely insecure.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why shouldn't be rested when the game is done and dusted? Why Cavani subbed off instead and only used for part of second half against Atalanta? Wouldn't it be sensible to be more careful with player just returning from injury?
Oh come on that some serious captain hindsight shit right there (and I'm not Ole In before you start that shit)

The team needed a clean sheet and a player who hadn't played for a while needed 90 minutes (plus he's a CB so it's not exactly like a midfielder or attacker who has to do a lot of running)

el3mel

Ole always runs players into ground. He has done the same with a lot of players last few seasons like Rashford. He showed several times he doesn't care as long as it keeps his job safe.

sugar_kane

That doesn't mean he should have been expected to play back to back crucial 90 minute games. He was literally only back in training 3 days for the spurs game and Ole turned him out for 2 starts in 4 days. He's injured because our managers severely insecure.
Varane was quite clearly ready for the Spurs game and it showed in his performance, this is being viewed through the same lens at the Maguire debacle but I honestly think this time it's just been bad luck.

Oranges038

I hope they kept the receipt.

Gone beyond the 28 days, but there might still be a limited 3 month warranty for parts and labour.

always_hoping

Came back from a groin injury and this is a hamstring. Wasn't his last few years with Real Madrid injury hit also?

tomaldinho1

Came back from a groin injury and this is a hamstring. Wasn't his last few years with Real Madrid injury hit also?
He had a bad period 16-18 looking at his history but good since then. I just don't get why we risked him when a back 5 wasn't needed, City are this weekend and he'd just come back so wouldn't have been 100% match fit.

Gandalf

He is somewhat prone to injury over the last couple of seasons and to be fair it is a new injury and not a recurrence of the groin problem so I don't see how Ole can be blamed here, just crappy luck. Sticky Vicky needs to be back for the weekend or Bailly will be playing on his own against City whilst Slabhead tries not to get in the way and makes sure to keep all City attackers onside.

ti vu

Oh come on that some serious captain hindsight shit right there (and I'm not Ole In before you start that shit)

The team needed a clean sheet and a player who hadn't played for a while needed 90 minutes (plus he's a CB so it's not exactly like a midfielder or attacker who has to do a lot of running)
Captain hindsight my ass. I am speaking from manager POV. Ole didn't plan to start Cavani against Atalanta. Didn't even sub him on until he went down again, while all along having Rashford stinking up the place.

Comfortable with the lead. Guess what? Because you fecked up too much in the past, now you have to risk players

That's a lot bullshit about defender is less prone to injury whatever you tried to imply there because they are not supposed to run a lot. We have a history of injury crisis in defence. Defenders have to put their bodies on the line just as much. They're much more expected to stretch their body when at high speed. Jumping more, trying to compete in high ball into their area. And in Spurs game Carane was most seen to be tasked to keep Son, a pacy player in check because his 2 partners are slow.

Why is this clean sheet so important? Would you win a trophy with it having that clean sheet? Or because Ole was getting insecured about the pressure that the result finally caught up to performance and he wanted to make the point by risking his players for nothing.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/raphael-varane-signed-for-united.460410/post-27521470

I am on record, was aware of Varane past injury record, before he's officially signed. Captain foresight perhaps?

ti vu

That was Ramos the last couple years. Varane was injury prone when he's younger, but the past few years his injury record is nothing out of ordinary for a regular starter playing in thick schedule.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Firstly, the medical staff would be getting the blame if the knives weren't out for the manager. But the truth is these things happen.

If he left a fit Varane on the bench and conceded soft goals he'd be fielding an equal amount of shit. He took a chance which you have to sometimes.

And the mad thing is there is enough to be upset about with this whole management and coaching debacle without the need for these tenuous accusations.

Shark

@NotShark
Madrid obviously knew exactly what they were doing selling him to us.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Everybody saying that he was rushed back - was this even the same injury? According to the statement on the club website the injury he got last month was a groin injury. Whereas this one was his hamstring. Obviously it could be somewhat related, but more likely than not it's unrelated.