Raphael Varane injury | Expected to be out 3-4 weeks

Flytan

Is it necessary to insult him every time you reference him? Especially when you have no idea of the process of Varane's selection.
People have done the same to pogba for years, sorry if my target is different. If I need to tone it down rule wise I will but I've witnessed abuse for years towards pogba so I feel like calling someone who survives off nepotism a stooge isn't really pushing it

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Everybody saying that he was rushed back - was this even the same injury? According to the statement on the club website the injury he got last month was a groin injury. Whereas this one was his hamstring. Obviously it could be somewhat related, but more likely than not it's unrelated.
Maybe he was, but in that decision, there is the medical staff, the player, the coaches, and the manager. And while the buck stops with the manager it's irrational to decide what happened and that it was one person's fault without knowing the process. If it comes out that Ole forced him in any way to take the field then he gets stick, but nowhere is that what happened except in people's heads.

Flytan

Maybe he was, but in that decision, there is the medical staff, the player, the coaches, and the manager. And while the buck stops with the manager it's irrational to decide what happened and that it was one person's fault without knowing the process. If it comes out that Ole forced him in any way to take the field then he gets stick, but nowhere is that what happened except in people's heads.
It's been done numerous times to lingard, rashford, and maguire. If it was a one time thing, sure, medical staff might be incompetent, but it's a trend that's occurred since ole got here. Obviously no one knows for sure, but none of us will never know anything for sure with this club since they make sure we stay dumb

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
People have done the same to pogba for years, sorry if my target is different. If I need to tone it down rule wise I will but I've witnessed abuse for years towards pogba so I feel like calling someone who survives off nepotism a stooge isn't really pushing it
Well on the inconsistency, it's annoying, but no one person can't moderate the whole board, but we do our best where and when we can to give nudges. And if we all could make the discussion a bit more adult I think that's a win.

Insults are part of football too in a certain emotive way but an exclamation is one thing, incessant matter-of-fact insults drag the overall standard down. Like the way text speak is banned. Broad standards to try and marshall a really large community of posters and try and keep it from looking like a YouTube comments section.

This is not directed at you btw, it's a response to your post. I think the manager should be replaced btw, but I know he loves this club at least as much as I do even if he is making a mess of it :)

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Is Varane’s injury mainly because of:

A) Bad luck
B) Incompetence from Ole / medical staff

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Nice little excuse for the City game he

ti vu

Well on the inconsistency, it's annoying, but no one person can't moderate the whole board, but we do our best where and when we can to give nudges. And if we all could make the discussion a bit more adult I think that's a win.

Insults are part of football too in a certain emotive way but an exclamation is one thing, incessant matter-of-fact insults drag the overall standard down. Like the way text speak is banned. Broad standards to try and marshall a really large community of posters and try and keep it from looking like a YouTube comments section.

This is not directed at you btw, it's a response to your post. I think the manager should be replaced btw, but I know he loves this club at least as much as I do even if he is making a mess of it :)
Was you Liverpool supporter in your childhood? :wenger:

NVM

Anyways, I vented my frustration already, so I will move on from this thread. I hope it's only bad luck, or at least lesson learned whatever applicable. This season has been bad enough for us fans.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Some crazy agendas being driven on here :houllier: :lol:

Its a completely different injury to what he had before, probably down to a n over extension during the game, not really something anyone could predict.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Everybody saying that he was rushed back - was this even the same injury? According to the statement on the club website the injury he got last month was a groin injury. Whereas this one was his hamstring. Obviously it could be somewhat related, but more likely than not it's unrelated.
Its unrelated to his other groin injury.

But people have their pitchforks out and have to wave them at someone.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Was you Liverpool supporter in your childhood? :wenger:

NVM

Anyways, I vented my frustration already, so I will move on from this thread. I hope it's only bad luck, or at least lesson learned whatever applicable. This season has been bad enough for us fans.
Wow, so you are actually questioning his love of the club. That's wild. And interesting.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If he's out for 3-4 weeks then with our track record I suspect he'll be back for the City game.

ti vu

Wow, so you are actually questioning his love of the club. That's wild. And interesting.
I am not questioning. it was meant as tongue on the cheek. But the underlining point is that in this business, the manager need to be professional and less prone to emotion influence when not necessary.

Sir Busby played for both City and Liverpool yet became our legendary manager. If he has any kind of love for Liverpool or Man City, nobody have the right to dictate his feeling. However, as our manager he put his heart, and professionalism right, that what we adore forever.

With the in mind, hypothetically, someone like James Milner after his retirement goes on to become a great (professional) manager (unlikely), I wouldn't oppose if he want to come here and manage (unlikely to take this difficult route).

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
That doesn't mean he should have been expected to play back to back crucial 90 minute games. He was literally only back in training 3 days for the spurs game and Ole turned him out for 2 starts in 4 days. He's injured because our managers severely insecure.
You'll have to take that up with the doctors who cleared him to play

Hughie77

It's just bad luck doing his hamstring, it's one of those things he new it had gone he just sat down, these injuries can happen, there's no reason behind them .
He was fine in spurs game , its just rotten luck . Phill Jones can get on the bench or start now v City might as well.

Dudu

Damn. Terrible news :(

(Also, what a strange thread)

largelyworried

So out for City, Watford and Villarreal, touch and go for Chelsea, likely back for Arsenal.

Withnail

Rushed him back. Inept manager.
Ole putting his career ahead of players welfare again.
Please do not rush him back again.
Ole always runs players into ground. He has done the same with a lot of players last few seasons like Rashford. He showed several times he doesn't care as long as it keeps his job safe.
First injury was his groin.

He recovered from that, was fine against Spurs and now injured his hamstring.

Some of you are in danger of becoming a parody at this stage.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I am not questioning. it was meant as tongue on the cheek. But the underlining point is that in this business, the manager need to be professional and less prone to emotion influence when not necessary.

Sir Busby played for both City and Liverpool yet became our legendary manager. If he has any kind of love for Liverpool or Man City, nobody have the right to dictate his feeling. However, as our manager he put his heart, and professionalism right, that what we adore forever.

With the in mind, hypothetically, someone like James Milner after his retirement goes on to become a great (professional) manager (unlikely), I wouldn't oppose if he want to come here and manage (unlikely to take this difficult route).
Nice speech, but really nothing to do with the thread title or the thrust of my post about the boards needing to better. You basically interrupted some gentle moderation to compare Ole to James Milner or something. Stop derailing threads and making them about how we do or don't like the manager, we have threads for that and making every thread about the manager is just basically lowering the standard of the forum.

Please just use the threads to discuss topics in hand so people who want to ignore the tedium can do so. If you want to continue this please do so by PM. Basically so I and everyone else can ignore it.

arnie_ni

Some of you lot are in danger of becoming a parody at this stage.
Answered my question. Thanks.

red4ever 79

Standard Ole. Rushes players back after injury or plays them injured. No care for the well being of the players. Guy has just been out for a few weeks with a muscle injury. Ole thinks it's appropriate to play him twice in 3 days

red4ever 79

Some of you are in danger of becoming a parody at this stage.
You don't think it's connected. Player can't run due to groin injury for 3 weeks. Ole then plays him twice in 3 days, hence easy to pick up another injury

OmarUnited4ever

I'm just guessing here, but maybe he was supposed to be rested yesterday and kept fresh for city, then Lindelof picks up an injury and Varane has to play.

Just giving the management the benefit of the doubt in this unlucky situation

JuriM

I'm just guessing here, but maybe he was supposed to be rested yesterday and kept fresh for city, then Lindelof picks up an injury and Varane has to play.

Just giving the management the benefit of the doubt in this unlucky situation
Most likely, but he was assessed fit enough to go with 3 at the back without anyone to bring from bench.

OmarUnited4ever

Most likely, but he was assessed fit enough to go with 3 at the back without anyone to bring from bench.
These things happen, nothing much can be done about, maybe Ole jinxed it when he kept mentioning the fully fit squad thing

GMoore23

You'll have to take that up with the doctors who cleared him to play
Just because they declared him injury free doesn't mean he was ready for 2 games in the space of four days, the first coming just 3 days after returning to training.
Ole did the same with Maguire, starting him after only 1 day of training.
If you stick to that policy your gonna get burned and Varanes injury is definitely on Ole.

Blzbud

Nice speech, but really nothing to do with the thread title or the thrust of my post about the boards needing to better. You basically interrupted some gentle moderation to compare Ole to James Milner or something. Stop derailing threads and making them about how we do or don't like the manager, we have threads for that and making every thread about the manager is just basically lowering the standard of the forum.

Please just use the threads to discuss topics in hand so people who want to ignore the tedium can do so. If you want to continue this please do so by PM. Basically so I and everyone else can ignore it.
Amen