Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'm not questioning your thought process that Varane is fast. An eye test could tell you that he's a brilliant athlete. I just don't think top speed is the way to do it. The slowest players can hit peak speeds, but it doesn't mean they're fast. It's one of those stats that just doesn't make much sense to be listed, especially when a better metric would be their average speed.

No doubt, Varane is fast though. Don't know why anyone would doubt that.
But I don't even know how you would measure "average speed" that doesn't make any sense. A better measurement other than top speed would be measuring 10/20m sprints instead to determine "quickness" or his burst alongside the overall top speed.

A-man

This myth must die.

0:48 against Messi.

0:52 against Aubameyang.

I dont think anybody is questioning that he has been fast, like in the video you posted from 4-5 years ago. But he seems to have lost a little of his pace and he did have problems to keep up against Chelsea.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Does anybody know which would win in a race between Varane and say, a business of ferrets?

I'd be more inclined to say a business of ferrets would be way faster than Varane, more agile too.

In all honesty, who the hell cares. Might as well sign Usain Bolt. He can run like feck, and probably can kick a ball. But can he defend?

Strelok

I dont think anybody is questioning that he has been fast, like in the video you posted from 4-5 years ago. But he seems to have lost a little of his pace and he did have problems to keep up against Chelsea.
Tbh I couldn't recall anything about him being outpaced by a Chelsea player. If you're talking about the first goal it was Nacho's fault I think. He lost his man and let Pulisic sneaked behind Varane, while Varane was keeping an eye on Werner. Nacho is known for being slow anyway. Sure thing the Madrid defense looked a bit shaky that night but imo it's largely because Ramos wasn't there to organize it.

He's only 28 yo should be in his very prime, kinda weird if he has lost his pace, even a bit.

bosskeano

odd....thought it had been reported that personal terms were already agreed upon

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
odd....thought it had been reported that personal terms were already agreed upon

I've been seeing things like "officials talks haven't begun" or "no bid has gone in" as though we are ever going to talk "officially" until Woodward and Perez have a deal basically agreed in their WhatsApp chat. What matters is this - is there a line of direct contact like that? If there is then for all intents and purposes "official talks" have begun and negotiations are well under way. If not.. then its a seriously bad sign I wouldn't see this happening. From all evidence (like varane not training) though I think that there are talks ongoing but there's still some distance in valuations. In that case we should definitely hold Real's feet to the fire and let them come to us. How much monetary value do they place on having Varane for a year and then losing him for free?

EDIT: now there seem to be photos of Varane training. So no idea whats going on anymore.

SATA

Maguire was training with Leicester and even played in their preseason friendlies before we could agree a deal with them. Bruno was playing every match for Sporting before we could agree a deal with Sporting. Just saying. He’s still their player until we officially buy him

Judas

Open to offers
Maguire was training with Leicester and even played in their preseason friendlies before we could agree a deal with them. Bruno was playing every match for Sporting before we could agree a deal with Sporting. Just saying. He’s still their player until we officially buy him
That Bruno saga was hilarious, every match he played was his last one, analysing his reaction at the final whistle each time :lol:

SATA

That Bruno saga was hilarious, every match he played was his last one, analysing his reaction at the final whistle each time :lol:
Yeah poor him. He must have thought every match was his last when we were in negotiations with Sporting, close or not :lol:

RUCK4444

He will come, just seems difficult to find an agreement with RM (who demand too much)
Was always going to be the way with them and this level of player.

It was never going to be the nice quick 40 mill Euro’s and pack his bags job that some believed. I’ve been fully expecting Madrid to make us pay more.

They will sell but we don’t know what they are asking for, it will be more than suggested by journos initially imo.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I’m not reading through 40 pages… cock out at semi or full?
Semi as if you've already lit the Gwyneth Paltrow "this smells like my flaps" candle and charged up the neon sign that says "we validate parking", but you haven't clicked your fingers to have the mariachi band start playing, the guy who stands at the foot of the bed applauding your performance is still covering himself in butter and your missus is only one leg in to her unicorn costume so a full on throbber would be premature at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.