Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
He’s had games where he looked great. Just seems best to let go of injury prone players. I can’t think of a single one who has come thru it all to become healthy again.
Shaw?

OmarUnited4ever

Super signing, strengthen our CB partnership is a key, Dias & Stones formed a very solid defensive partnership that was key for their domestic & continental success, we need a solid CP partnership at CP, Varane can be that with Maguire.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The key will be his partnership with Maguire. On paper they should compliment each other well so fingers crossed that's our cb issue sorted for the next few years. Lindelof and Bailly/Axel are decent backups as well.

Green Arrow

Amazing signing for us a real coup can't wait to see the partnership between Maguire and Varane. Since Rio and Nemanja we will have a proper defense. Now all we need is a CDM and we can challenge for the title!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
As I have also learnt from others on here, you guys may also want to know.. the club doesn’t make any substantial revenues from shirt sales. Those go directly to the manufacturer aka Adidas. We do however get a small % of the profits. But they definitely won’t make up for the sum we paid to buy Varane.
We were taking the piss mate, it’s become something of a meme on here.

Fluctuation0161

Like I said, last summer there was a ton of uncertainty. Spending 120 million on Sancho would have been horribly irresponsible and would likely have ahd bad reputational impacts.

Not spending that amount of cash on a player has had two very good outcomes. We have saved a bit of money and used that to buy an outstanding CB and we aren't getting pushed around by selling clubs anymore, which will have incredible long term benefits.

Plus we signed two very exciting kids last year that we might have missed out on.
I don't buy it. We signed 2 kids on the cheap. That could've happened anyway.

But yes, from a future transfer perspective maybe it is good that clubs don't have us over a barrel. But the fact that we miss the deadline for Sancho and failed to negotiate the price down shows more ineptitude last year. He could've been the difference last season.

Anyway let's stop taking the thread off Varane. Hopefully the perfect partner for Maguire...

lysglimt

Scout
We missed out on Ben White :( .
In fairness - I think Ben White is going to be a really good defender. He is quick, athletic, good tackler and has a superb long-ball. He could easily be one of Arsenals best deals in the last 5-6 seasons

GueRed

Finally! On paper at least a vast upgrade on tosh like Lindelof and Bailly.

I just hope he's still good and is up for this new challenge.

Fluctuation0161

Donny - 30m
Amad - 30m
Pellistri - 7m
Telles - 15m
Its very easy to see how many minutes they played in comparison to the minutes Sancho would've played. Poor comparison.

Also, hadn't we already signed VDB before trying to get Sancho, so you can take him off the list, not signing Sancho he had zero impact on us getting VDB.

Charles Ufarley

In fairness - I think Ben White is going to be a really good defender. He is quick, athletic, good tackler and has a superb long-ball. He could easily be one of Arsenals best deals in the last 5-6 seasons
As they say in America, Varane is more a 'win now' signing (and a terrific one at that). White is going to be quality in time - interesting that Brighton inserted a sell on clause, they clearly think he'll move on to bigger things than the Gunners.

Fluctuation0161

I heard this is what Barcelona's board also thought.
That is a salary cap impacting Barca. Not billions being wasted on Glazer debt with zero benefit to the club.

United spending 150m would not inflate the squad as we would get rid of the lower quality players.

Not a comparison.

RonaldoVII

False. Yes we wanted him last summer but Dortmund wanted silly money. We spent the money on other players last summer.
Who did we spend the Sancho money on last summer? Amad and Pellistri? :houllier:

How come he hasn't joined until now, then?
In terms of budget. We barely spent last summer and the £73m or whatever for Sancho we've just paid was last in last summers budget.

WPMUFC

Wtf are they saying. Any translators?
Best I've seen is that he's confirming the defence for the upcoming season. He lists Ramos went to PSG, Varane has gone to MUFC and then he lists the defensive line up for the next season and the vallejo can leave in August.

Then the over the top reaction starts :lol:

Fluctuation0161

This. Also United had been criticized for their lack of negotiating skills and end up paying exorbitant fee for players in recent times. And now they're being criticized for standing their ground and not paying too much for a player :lol:. You can't win with these people
You think it was good negotiation last Summer do you? :lol:

Wow. You must have a short memory.

Fluctuation0161

He might get ahead of Arsenal's previous best deal, the Domino's 2 for 1 pizza they had.

Martialfc

Now that we have basically signed Varane. How good would it be if Pogba was to leave and we went on to win the league and UCL. If he thinks he can do better than United let him go!

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Best I've seen is that he's confirming the defence for the upcoming season. He lists Ramos went to PSG, Varane has gone to MUFC and then he lists the defensive line up for the next season and the vallejo can leave in August.

Then the over the top reaction starts :lol:
The OTT thing is I want to know more about :D

Status
Not open for further replies.