Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Being the best defender at a World Cup is pretty good justification for any level of hype. Can’t think of a single defender that achieved that feat without being one of the best defenders of his era…
Yeah but he's staying at Real, so overhyped.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He will be absolutely perfect signing.
If not him, I'd want us to go for Pau Torres. If even that is not possible than anyone of Christian Romero, Sven Botman or Badiashile.
Have you seen those 3 play ?

croadyman

Now fully got to get on the Torres train despite my concerns over this constant comparison to Lindelof

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Don't do this to me.
I think he will leave Madrid personally. I feel Madrid will want to cash in considering the player is now 28, and the player genuinely wants to experience a different league. Madrid will probably end up signing either Kounde or Torres.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he will leave Madrid personally. I feel Madrid will want to cash in considering the player is now 28, and the player genuinely wants to experience a different league. Madrid will probably end up signing either Kounde or Torres.
I'd be over the moon seeing him join us. So I refuse to believe.

croadyman

Surely there is no way in a million years that they are both leaving

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd be over the moon seeing him join us. So I refuse to believe.
The strange thing is that two normally reliable journos for Madrid news are reporting conflicting stories when it comes to the player extending his contract.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
The strange thing is that two normally reliable journos for Madrid news are reporting conflicting stories when it comes to the player extending his contract.
Suggests maybe ones getting their info from the club and the other from the players agent maybe?

zenith

It'll be very very stupid of the club to believe they are getting varnane, knowing that it's Madrid and even stupider if we are putting other CB signings on hold because of this.

Hope to god he signs his renewal contract fast, so that the club moves on. Else it'll continue to remain stuck with the idea of a star signing, rather than getting practical.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It'll be very very stupid of the club to believe they are getting varnane, knowing that it's Madrid and even stupider if we are putting other CB signings on hold because of this.

Hope to god he signs his renewal contract fast, so that the club moves on. Else it'll continue to remain stuck with the idea of a star signing, rather than getting practical.
It would be even more stupid to think that we would know more than what the guys in our transfer team are doing or going on. It's always easy to be critical and assumes they are all being stupid and we know better.

Everyone isn't being honest or clear cut in showing their hands -- from the player's agents to the players to the 3rd party intermediaries to the buying and selling clubs.

So in a scenario that's full of moving goalposts, 5D chess with no clear cut information available, then one has to assume that things are never easy.

I for one, couldn't imagine how complex the situation is when considering that you have to maximise the deal (or work within budgetary constraint) so that you have enough money/budget left to pursue your prime #2 and #3 transfer targets downstream -- and each one will have moving goalposts. And I work in the (tech) industry where 9 out of 10 startups will fail.

cyberman

Well he's only hyped now because he could be potentially available. Ive heard nothing but how Ramos carries him and how overrated he has been for a few years now.
As soon as he signs his contract we wont be hearing how great he is for a while.

bsCallout

Well he's only hyped now because he could be potentially available. Ive heard nothing but how Ramos carries him and how overrated he has been for a few years now.
As soon as he signs his contract we wont be hearing how great he is for a while.
If he isn't in our shirt, he's pretty much useless. Well, unless Chelsea buy him and it shows how bad we are at transfers.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not sure how reliable this is

It makes total sense, really. I know Militao stepped up at the end of the season but him + Alaba isn’t strong enough for Madrid. You can’t let two players who have a combined 40 odd trophies leave in one summer. In the same position!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You’d think they wouldn’t have made the decision to let Ramos leave unless they had encouragement from Varane’s side.

The only other logical possibility is that Ramos and Varane had both decided independently that they were leaving and it’s completely out of Real’s hands. I’m which case I wouldn’t be surprised if they go into next season with Alaba, Militao, Pau Torres and Nacho.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You’d think they wouldn’t have made the decision to let Ramos leave unless they had encouragement from Varane’s side.

The only other logical possibility is that Ramos and Varane had both decided independently that they were leaving and it’s completely out of Real’s hands. I’m which case I wouldn’t be surprised if they go into next season with Alaba, Militao, Pau Torres and Nacho.
Nothing really changed. It has been said for months that only Varane had an offer from Madrid and that they hoped that Ramos would be a backup option. In reality they control neither player, Ramos was free to do what he wanted and Varane will do what he wants too.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Nothing really changed. It has been said for months that only Varane had an offer from Madrid and that they hoped that Ramos would be a backup option. In reality they control neither player, Ramos was free to do what he wanted and Varane will do what he wants too.
Which is the second point I made there. The only reason Ramos has gone first is because he’s not with his national team.

JPRouve

Scout
Which is the second point I made there. The only reason Ramos has gone first is because he’s not with his national team.
My point was more about the tweet, since yesterday that account is making guesses that are closer to wishful thinking than actual logic. As you said Ramos moved first because he is free this summer and isn't in international duty. Varane still has one year left and Madrid can't force him to sign regardless of what Ramos do this summer. Also based on months of reports Madrid have been trying everything to keep Varane, not Ramos.

OmarUnited4ever

Varane would be a good option to play alongside Maguire, hope the club at the very least attempt to bring him in, i believe 45-50M will do the trick if Varane himself is interested to join us.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
My point was more about the tweet, since yesterday that account is making guesses that are closer to wishful thinking than actual logic. As you said Ramos moved first because he is free this summer and isn't in international duty. Varane still has one year left and Madrid can't force him to sign regardless of what Ramos do this summer. Also based on months of reports Madrid have been trying everything to keep Varane, not Ramos.
I think the most likely way this plays out is that Real hold out for £50-60m so they can afford his replacement (Pau Torres?) or they force him to see out the remainder of his contract.

JPRouve

Scout
I think the most likely way this plays out is that Real hold out for £50-60m so they can afford his replacement (Pau Torres?) or they force him to see out the remainder of his contract.
I don't even know if keeping him is forcing something. If I'm not mistaken he allegedly wants to leave at the end of his contract, reports said that he decided to not stay beyond 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.