Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Hard to think Pau Torres is out backup to this.

What a step down in quality.

Hope Ole gets his first choice.

Varanes style suits Maguire. Torres does not

crossy1686

career ending
Makes sense. I'd say within 2 weeks or he's Ramos'ing us.
There’s no reason for him to take two weeks to decide anything. He either mulls the offer over for 24-48 hours and comes back with an answer or we move on. If he genuinely wants to leave his mind should already be made up, it’s Madrid we have to do the drawn out negotiations with, not him. Not to mention getting organised to move countries and get settled before pre seasons starts. If this drags out it simply won’t happen.

crossy1686

career ending
Straight swap for Pogba work for anyone? Gives us money to go out and buy a CM still then, which can be bolstered by selling some of the fringe players

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Straight swap for Pogba work for anyone? Gives us money to go out and buy a CM still then, which can be bolstered by selling some of the fringe players
No they would need to pay us as well

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ramos is not dominant in the air. He is great offensively because he has great timing etc but clearing it defensively is something different. Look at Maguire who is world class at clearing in the air but below average offensively. 46% of Ramos aerial attempts this season were offensive which is a high amount for a CB.

And no stats like this don’t tell the whole true. I also believe they are wrong actually, but ha don’t checked. Do they include all matches or only league matches?
Those ones were just domestic league. Which should theoretically favour the La Liga defenders over ours, I think.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If no teams want Pogba this summer then we're better off doing a straight swap then risk losing him on a free or giving him 400k a week new contract.
But PSG do want him apparently

USREDEVIL

There’s no reason for him to take two weeks to decide anything. He either mulls the offer over for 24-48 hours and comes back with an answer or we move on. If he genuinely wants to leave his mind should already be made up, it’s Madrid we have to do the drawn out negotiations with, not him. Not to mention getting organised to move countries and get settled before pre seasons starts. If this drags out it simply won’t happen.
Jeez give him a few days. He's moving to a new country. Might want to check on a few things.

kode

Not my cup of tea to be honest. I am in the direction and train of CB legends Inter and Brazil Lucio and Jaap Stam. In others words. I don’t get fear factor play against Varane. Like you have to walk over my dead body. A door security or bodyguard. A CB is the bodyguard of the goal and castle. Stop in all kind of way. But still on a fair way. Not try to hurt players on purpose. But it’s same mentality. Defend your goal and castle. If you concede more goals than opponents. Then you have lost your castle and the match.

But I understand. The factor can be 1 year left. A lower price tag. Second Ole has to deliver and has to aim for premier league title. No excuse this season. Third full season. United goal shall be premier league title. Reason why he will go for a safer and lesser risk choice like Varane. A established CB.
For me age doesn’t. Unproven on to level doesn’t matter. As long as I know you are good enough and has what it demand to become a starting line up for a premier league winning team.

But beside Varane. Get a really good ball playing CM like Aurélien Djani Tchouaméni or Locatelli or both will help a lot for CB and defend too. Been able to keep the ball longer in the team. Then it will goes longer for opponents teams to create chances.

Varane or Tiago Djalo are not only ones left. A top CM is needed. Special if Pogba is leaving too. Then United need two new CM.

Same for ball possession City and Pep. It help Dias and City defend too.

So Pogba situation is not fixed yet. But still a really good CM is needed.

But again. Isolated stand point of view. Varane is not my type of CB. I want fear factor. Neither Maguire. A want a aggressive beast of CB. On a fair way. Aggressive, but composure and balance.
Are you suggesting we should get Tiago Djalo? Nice name but the guy doesnt even start for Lille (Lille isnt bad but nowhere near United level).
I like the description you gave for a CB though, I also like that Vidic-esque style, its crazy there arent much more of those nowadays

sourdough satellite

Not my cup of tea to be honest. I am in the direction and train of CB legends Inter and Brazil Lucio and Jaap Stam. In others words. I don’t get fear factor play against Varane. Like you have to walk over my dead body. A door security or bodyguard. A CB is the bodyguard of the goal and castle. Stop in all kind of way. But still on a fair way. Not try to hurt players on purpose. But it’s same mentality. Defend your goal and castle. If you concede more goals than opponents. Then you have lost your castle and the match.

But I understand. The factor can be 1 year left. A lower price tag. Second Ole has to deliver and has to aim for premier league title. No excuse this season. Third full season. United goal shall be premier league title. Reason why he will go for a safer and lesser risk choice like Varane. A established CB.
For me age doesn’t. Unproven on to level doesn’t matter. As long as I know you are good enough and has what it demand to become a starting line up for a premier league winning team.

But beside Varane. Get a really good ball playing CM like Aurélien Djani Tchouaméni or Locatelli or both will help a lot for CB and defend too. Been able to keep the ball longer in the team. Then it will goes longer for opponents teams to create chances.

Varane or Tiago Djalo are not only ones left. A top CM is needed. Special if Pogba is leaving too. Then United need two new CM.

Same for ball possession City and Pep. It help Dias and City defend too.

So Pogba situation is not fixed yet. But still a really good CM is needed.

But again. Isolated stand point of view. Varane is not my type of CB. I want fear factor. Neither Maguire. A want a aggressive beast of CB. On a fair way. Aggressive, but composure and balance.
How about Kristoffer Olsson as a CB?

Nori-

Varane + £10m sounds about right for Pogba.

Only issue is the whole reason Varane decided to leave was Madrid cutting wages to make way for Mbappe. Pogba will want big money, especially if they get him for so little.

Don't think its a deal they would be interested in.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Varane + £10m sounds about right for Pogba.

Only issue is the whole reason Varane decided to leave was Madrid cutting wages to make way for Mbappe. Pogba will want big money, especially if they get him for so little.

Don't think its a deal they would be interested in.
Why should we be including Pogba when it looks like we have the money to do a cash deal?

Rolaholic

Pogba ain't going to Real, they simply can't afford him and I don't really think they want him.
Definitely not with Zidane gone

They refused to get him when he was at the helm and pushing for it so I doubt they'll go after him now that he's gone.

Looks like it's either between the superteam PSG are building or re-signing this summer

OmarUnited4ever

Pogba ain't going to Real, they simply can't afford him and I don't really think they want him.
and if Juve sign Locatelli, that also rules them out as potential destination for Pogba, PSG just signed Wijnaldom, and Ramos (Marquinhos to play as DM) so PSG will be well stocked in the CM area.

So not many choices this summer for Pogba

Nori-

Why should we be including Pogba when it looks like we have the money to do a cash deal?
If he is going to leave for free next summer, I guess everyone agrees we should sell this summer. So the issue is who buys? Rumours of PSG but nothing confirmed, so if we can offload him as part of a deal for a player we want (Varane).....thats a perfect situation.

We get our man, they get their man and no ones really lost out. (but I still don't think they want him due to his wage demands)

Last thing we want is, a player we bought for £89m leaving for free.

Nori-

I just wrote something about this but in the last few mins I've thought.....maybe with Reals commercial presence + Pogba's huge brand, he could be a huge income for the club. That alone would cover a large chunk of his wages.

It could actually work for them with him going there.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I've read the wages being reported as £175,000 per week.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
That's bollocks obviously. If all signs pointed to it not happening you'd hear nothing positive. All signs point to us not signing Messi for example.
I think you invented a ‘not’ in his post :lol:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
We don't need your negativity here. :)
I just think his situation is different to other transfers. Been burnt by Ramos before.

Undoubtably a great CB and would be a terrific signing but I wouldn’t put money on it.

bosskeano

Pogba isn't going to madrid as they want to cut wages and raise funds to go for either haaland or mbappe. Both of those guys are available in 2022 so this could be the summer that Mbappe forces a move out of PSG.

RedDevilRoshi

The club are willing to make an offer that'd satisfy Real Madrid, that's for sure. Would Varane want to move to United, though? That's the real question.
Surely if the player had no intention of coming then we wouldn’t be in for him in the 1st place, let alone negotiating on a transfer fee with his present club? The club surely wouldn’t want another Di Maria situation on their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.