Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

Has there been any mention of a swap for Pogba? Not saying I'd want this, but seeing as they are both entering the final year of contracts, it seems a plausible option.
It makes perfect sense but if Real can sting us for 50mil this season and get Pogba for free next season then that would be the obvious way to go.....who are the mugs in this deal??

Bondi77

Having had Lindegaard and Lingard in the squad at the same time, really messed it up for some. I have seen those two names mixed up in any combination, I think.
I thought Lingard had a couple of good games in goal but I could not stand those stupid dances Lindegaard used to do after he scored.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
It makes perfect sense but if Real can sting us for 50mil this season and get Pogba for free next season then that would be the obvious way to go.....who are the mugs in this deal??
If Pogba does eventually leave on a "free" you can bet tae feck that which ever club signs him will be paying 10's of millions to him and is fat, parasitic shitebag of an agent just to sign for them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If Pogba does eventually leave on a "free" you can bet tae feck that which ever club signs him will be paying 10's of millions to him and is fat, parasitic shitebag of an agent just to sign for them.
If Donnarumma's getting 12 million Euros per year as a keeper, Pogba will easily get more than that as a free agent.

Bondi77

You do realise that Varane wants 12mil a year don’t you?

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Castles also states that Madrid tried to include Varane in a potential deal for Mbappe, but Varane doesn't want to go back to the French league.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He's Really quick and some of the tackles on that video are superb, He's comfortable on 1v1's, He's the best foil for Maguire no one would compliment him better like Varane would.

Bondi77

Im talking about signing on fee's that both Pogba and Riola will demand should they run his current United contract down.
Do you really think that every club will bow to his demands like we did??
If they do then they deserve what they get.

wise_old_man

He's an instant upgrade on what we have even if he's lost a level. The price is more than fair and at 28 for a centre half he's arguably entering his peak.
So he's "lost a level" or "entering his peak"? How can one player be both things at a time?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well I expect at most 50m pound so the price is about right, although if we could get him for 50m Euro would be perfect. But he is one of the top and most proven/experienced CB in the world entering his peak years, had won multiple CL and a WC before, so I think it's well worth it.

Rojofiam

If Madrid really want just 43m then I expect this to be done very soon without any hassle.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's Really quick and some of the tackles on that video are superb, He's comfortable on 1v1's, He's the best foil for Maguire no one would compliment him better like Varane would.
Sounds great. On paper, Varane is absolutely perfect to play alongside Maguire. After that it's about the players mentality and ability to adapt to a different league. And of course the fact that we have no proper DM to give cover.

Personally, I don't really care about 10 million either. It's more important that we get the right player in and make sure he elevates our team on the pitch. That's the test, not a little bit of variance in fee.

The vibes regarding the players mindset also sound positive. Seems to want to play in the PL which would mean us getting a highly motivated player.

Kajus

This feels like the Ramos situation. He might be using us to get a new father after Roy Keane ended his original father’s career.

amolbhatia50k

Castles also states that Madrid tried to include Varane in a potential deal for Mbappe, but Varane doesn't want to go back to the French league.
50 million is a hefty fee but not that bad for a player as well established as he is. And 28 isn't that far from the age where a player who is reliant on pace could drop drastically in level, but on the other hand, given his accomplishments and pedigree, Varane, if he manages himself and adapts well, he could have a good 4-5 years more at the highest level.

amolbhatia50k

This feels like the Ramos situation. He might be using us to get a new father after Roy Keane ended his original father’s career.
Could be. But I doubt Varane has the same attachment to Madrid as Ramos did. He's far more likely to genuinely want a change in scenery.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Can he do it on a cold, rainy night at Turf Moor?

flappyjay

Begs belief that fans still can’t spell some players’ names correct, even after they’ve been here for 5 years :lol:
And then there are some of us who spell schweinsteiger, schniderlin and Mkhitaryan from memory. All of these guys were only at United for 2 seasons.

DavelinaJolie

Or as Castles would put it, he would solve the Harry Maguire problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.