Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RkkMan

A more accurate description of the situation to all the weaklings here

oz insomniac

What is difficult to understand is the continual drama about a relatively small difference in the transfer fee required , is the stalling the ongoing message that Woody wants to send that he’s a tough negotiator, to be honest that’s a tiresome objective and has often resulted in either late transfers or the deal not proceeding. The opportunity to strengthen the club is here and now and surely Woody can source another tractor sponsorship to cover the extra cost.

Act now or remain behind the EPL clubs that will move forward this off season.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What is difficult to understand is the continual drama about a relatively small difference in the transfer fee required , is the stalling the ongoing message that Woody wants to send that he’s a tough negotiator, to be honest that’s a tiresome objective and has often resulted in either late transfers or the deal not proceeding. The opportunity to strengthen the club is here and now and surely Woody can source another tractor sponsorship to cover the extra cost.

Act now or remain behind the EPL clubs that will move forward this off season.
You’ve literally jumped to a conclusion on a matter where you don’t know the details and then proceeded to get angry about the conclusion you’ve produced.

Transfers take a long time. The end.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I do hate how Twitter sucks the fun out of these transfers by people posting tedious, non-updates, yet ironically will be where we get the most up to date info when this transfer inevitably happens.

devips

But....but....but, City Pool Chelsea are so fast and decisive.....erm how many have they signed so far this season?

Okey

Well, compared to the Sancho 'saga', this one hasn't even taken off yet. We're at what? 200 pages and a few weeks? Barely enough to register on the saga radar. If it gets done this month, would qualify for warp speed.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
But....but....but, City Pool Chelsea are so fast and decisive.....erm how many have they signed so far this season?
Not much, but maybe they aren't really busy with any transfers now anyway, as in talking to other clubs/negotiating.

stevoc

You’ve literally jumped to a conclusion on a matter where you don’t know the details and then proceeded to get angry about the conclusion you’ve produced.

Transfers take a long time. The end.
:lol:

To be honest that could describe a lot of posts on here these days.

OmarUnited4ever

I am confident this will happen, not worried whatsoever.

Unless it doesn't happen when the window closes, so by then i wouldn't care less

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
United do take longer signing players compared to the other top clubs in Europe and I don't think any United fan could really argue otherwise.

For example look how long its taking us to sign Gaitan.

romufc

United do take longer signing players compared to the other top clubs in Europe and I don't think any United fan could really argue otherwise.

For example look how long its taking us to sign Gaitan.
Have we still not signed him?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Chameleons. I've always been fascinated by them. The way they blend into their surroundings but can be so beautiful and worthy of attention when they let their true colours show.

I'm a chamelon. In a way. On the face of it, I'm just like any other poster. Pretty unremarkable right? Wrong. See, I'm a real visionary of the game. I don't like to flaunt it, frankly I don't want the attention that comes with it. But I feel I must raise ny head above the parapet just this once.

You could liken me a bit to Peter Taylor, I suppose. Peter Taylor was Clough's right hand man. Another visionary. Clough once said that Taylor could 'assess a player better and quicker than anyone else in the game'. Ha, sounds like me alright. Funny that.

Peter Taylor died in 1990. I was born in 1995. Either by pure coincidence or grand design, chameleons have a lifespan of 5 years, I'm not suggesting that I'm either Peter Taylor or a chameleon reincarnated, it hasn't crossed my mind and if you want to make that connection its entirely your choice to do so and maybe you'd be smart for doing it but no, I'm just here to say this.

Varane is a player. And you can print that

Glorio

Who the feck is this guy?

He really nails his colours to the mast anyway. You gotta respect that.

He's the guy lurking in the shadows of moonlit nights, that sees through the chaos. He wants to save us ...

Norris Cole

In Lieu of any news today I have been watching Varane highlights. Had no idea he was so quick. I feel that in all of the hype around his signing there has been very little discussion on this forum about Varane's actual playing style, strengths, weaknesses etc.

Varane Running Fast

RonaldoVII

I'm getting shades of Sancho last summer in that a top signing is there up for grabs and we're the only team in the running. Hopefully the difference is the reported prices and that Varane's seems fairly reasonable. Would make a huge difference next season.

crossy1686

career ending
The issue obviously isn’t the price. Seems like United and Madrid are both fairly happy with the numbers being quoted.

It’s down to Varane and whatever other politics are involved in this. Does he really want to leave? Is he genuinely interested in living in Manchester? Is he angling for a new contract? Are Madrid purposely stalling the deal in hopes he gets cold feet and signs a new contract?

We have no idea what’s going on but to blame the club for being slow at deals because we’re refusing to up a bid by £5m is daft

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think the longer this goes on the more chance he is likely signing a new deal.

Burgundy flag

cyberman

Id like to point out that when the Spanish outlets have nothing more to add then the story goes cold because there is feck all sources in England.
As soon as Marca have something we will see the bluffers come out.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I do hate how Twitter sucks the fun out of these transfers by people posting tedious, non-updates, yet ironically will be where we get the most up to date info when this transfer inevitably happens.
Makes it seem like the whole process is dragging as well doesn’t it. I went into the Sancho thread for the first time just as it was looking like it might be completed. ‘Bloody hell, that’s good, we’re only in June!’ I thought. All I saw was a flood of posts asking what was taking so long :lol:

If we get Sancho and Varane done by the end of July then that’s brilliant by our recent standards.

Cman

Feel like a crack junkie strung out for my next hit. Still think this is going to happen but I want to be high right now.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
the focus seems to be selling off dead wood and academy players that look at the average age of the current starting XI and don’t see a way to break through. Keep finding homes for these players.

PeterWunited

Summarizing the situation.
Varane will not sign the current contract offered by RM.
Varane will not ask for transfer, doesn't want to burn his bridge's, or loose his percentage of transfer fee.
Varane is happy to go if a deal can be agreed.
United have probably agreed informally a contract with Varanes agent's.
United have probably offered RM 40M + add ons to RM. RM want 60M + add ons. Stand off at present.
United think time is on their side, no other serious offers for Varane.
Whilst RM are struggling financially they have said no incoming transfers this year so quick deal not strictly necessary.
RM, like other clubs are starting a new transfer policy, use their name to attract free transfers.
Looks like they will go for Mbappe, Camavinga, Pogba, Goretzca next year.
Therefore expect the Varane transfer to drag on for a while yet. Probable outcome he will sign for United, but I wouldn't put my house on it.

Offsideagain

For those who think United are waiting to unveil Sancho and Varane together, I wouldn’t be surprised if the PR department at City will reveal Kane and Grealish the day before despite Guardiola stating they have no money for big transfers. He said ‘ We can’t spend £100m on one player, not possible’ or something like that. City are all about PR, sports washing the appalling human rights record in the UAE, same a Qatar. They will be plotting something for sure. Mind you, it could be three weeks into the season at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.