Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Beginning to think this might happen.

Holters

Judge reports to Murtough instead of Woodward now, as reported by Laurie Whitwell and David Ornstein. Judge is the negotiator but Murtough is the first point of contact for other clubs.
Maybe read this article...

"Murtough (...) does not oversee the club's recruitment, with the director of football negotiations Matt Judge still the point of contact to discuss a prospective target's terms.

The recruitment process is still largely overseen by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the technical chief scout Mick Court, as well as his team in the recruitment department."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...an-united-transfer-news-murtough-20988226.amp

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Compared to our window when we last finished 2nd :lol: And we’re not done yet.
It's fair to keep in mind that in 2018 our actual spendings were relatively high due to owned cash from previous transfers. While I can understand fans being naively upset, I don't understand how a manager who was most likely aware could be as petulant.

b20times

Only first place is good enough now.
Sancho and varane are massive statements of intent.
Roll on the start of the season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Maybe read this article...

"Murtough (...) does not oversee the club's recruitment, with the director of football negotiations Matt Judge still the point of contact to discuss a prospective target's terms.

The recruitment process is still largely overseen by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the technical chief scout Mick Court, as well as his team in the recruitment department."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...an-united-transfer-news-murtough-20988226.amp
I've read that article from Luckhurst and it contradicts what Ornstein and Whitwell reported.

Born2Lose

Looks like we got Varane for what we saved on holding back from signing Sancho last year. Cheers Dortmund.

Trequarista10

I've asked this before but never got an answer: Would Varane likely be LCB or RCB in a partnership with Maguire?

I would really like to see Maguire play as RCB, I think it would elevate his play at bringing the ball out of defence to another level...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I've asked this before but never got an answer: Would Varane likely be LCB or RCB in a partnership with Maguire?

I would really like to see Maguire play as RCB, I think it would elevate his play at bringing the ball out of defence to another level...
Varane plays on the right side

Spoony

The People's President
Only United could've been so shite for years yet still be a dream for top quality players. That said money talks...money talks.

DeGea

£34 million going up to 50 with add-ons. What a deal. Well done to whoever negotiated this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Maguire will be LCB. He’s excellent at it and has a good relationship with Shaw.

I’m looking forward to seeing AWB with Varane on his left and Sancho ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.