Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

choccy77

Fingers crossed the medical goes smoothly Wednesday and we will have an official announcement on the weekend (the one in 3 weeks time).

At last a proper signing Utd have nailed that could be very promising (Sancho aside).

RUCK4444

Unbelievable this signing, for that fee.

Imagine somebody told you before this window opened that we would sign Varane for 40 mill Euro's...

Adamsk7

Imagine somebody told you before this window opened that we would sign Varane for 40 mill Euro's...
and Sancho for £73m considering the £100m+ quoted last year

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I'm getting moist...this could be the best window we've ever had, two more signings please.

TsuWave

“My guy” is a bit complicated in this case as I have followed Varane since he moved to Madrid 10 years ago. Varane and Ramos were my favourite CB pair for many years and even if Varane always was in the shadow of Ramos, I rated him as one of the best in la liga.

I think he has a good chance of also becoming one of the best in the PL if he can adapt to the physical league and improve that part of his game. My biggest concern would be he might already have passed his peak and that a long contract with one of the highest salaries in the PL is a bit of a risk.
I meant your guy Lindelof is finished. Finito. Hopefully never see him again, Houdini, much like a substantial number of his performances.

Art

Art the artist
Can we get Raph on the number 4 (Sorry Phil Jones). None of this number 26,36 nonsense

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Where are all those posters who said we should just cave in and pay whatever Madrid is asking for.. y’all know who you are.. show yourselves :drool:

Funny thing is we didn’t even have to wait too long for Madrid to cave in.. I genuinely thought it would take another week or two before they’d reduce their demands..

I won’t tag all of you but @izak deserves to be called out. :lol: Any comments lad?

A-man

I meant your guy Lindelof is finished. Finito. Hopefully never see him again, Houdini, much like a substantial number of his performances.
What an odd thing to wish for. Have a feeling you will be disappointed.
Saw in your earlier posts that you don’t really have a clue what kind of player Varane is. Vidic??! Have you watched him play? More than YouTube clips?

BarstoolProphet

BBC are saying £34m initial fee, rising to £50m with addons

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57967166

Everywhere else is reporting nowhere near £50m.

Not the first time the BBC have conveniently switched the € for £ without converting the figure. They did it with Memphis Depay and reported it at £31m, when everywhere else was reporting £25m.

Which made even the PSV president to come out and jokingly deny the sum BBC used. He said something like "I wish we got that amount". But BBC still didn't change it and it became pretty much the unofficial official amount.

Judas

Open to offers
How do you know what’s going on in the dressing room and the mindsets of these players?
Well its much harder to have winning experience and winners mentality when you know...you've not won anything, which is the case for quite a few of our players. Thankfully that issue is quickly being resolved.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Possibility it will take a few days before he actually comes to England? Because he won't be going back and forth, he'll say his goodbyes etc. for good and then leave.

Can he have a medical and photos before be starts his quarantine? Or will that have to be after his quarantine?

Gavinb33

:confused:
It was reported that we offered him €12m NET a year.
12m euros are around 10m GBP. 10m GBP NET a year are about 20m GBP gross.
After the stink in the dressing room over Sanchez wages and the club being very forthright in saying the wage structure won't be challenged like that again there ain't no way its £20 mill net per season

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Well its much harder to have winning experience and winners mentality when you know...you've not won anything, which is the case for quite a few of our players. Thankfully that issue is quickly being resolved.
And you want to ship out a player who has won more than any other player in the squad apart from Varane?

Teja

Feel like we've opened the football version of pandora's box this year. Every single club is bargain hunting and that meant a bunch of players who probably would've otherwise signed contract extensions are not signing (Camavinga, Rice, Saul, Pogba, Varane, Depay ... the list goes on).

Not sure who comes out ahead when all is said and done. The players and agents will definitely benefit - I think more and more players will just sign the contract and run it down. Clubs will be forced to offer extensions earlier - so basically 2-3 years into a 5+1 contract you have to offer an extension or running down the contract becomes a real possiblity. Agents will make hay with all the signing on bonuses that come their way.

I think bigger / richer clubs will come out ahead as well. No incentive for players like Kane to sign a new contract on paltry wages.

Pavl3n

After the stink in the dressing room over Sanchez wages and the club being very forthright in saying the wage structure won't be challenged like that again there ain't no way its £20 mill net per season
:confused:
Read again my post.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It's a wonderful feeling when your beliefs come true.

For three weeks I have been calm in the knowledge that Varane was ours but now I can celebrate.

RUCK4444

Feel like we've opened the football version of pandora's box this year. Every single club is bargain hunting and that meant a bunch of players who probably would've otherwise signed contract extensions are not signing (Camavinga, Rice, Saul, Pogba, Varane, Depay ... the list goes on).

Not sure who comes out ahead when all is said and done. The players and agents will definitely benefit - I think more and more players will just sign the contract and run it down. Clubs will be forced to offer extensions earlier - so basically 2-3 years into a 5+1 contract you have to offer an extension or running down the contract becomes a real possiblity. Agents will make hay with all the signing on bonuses that come their way.

I think bigger / richer clubs will come out ahead as well. No incentive for players like Kane to sign a new contract on paltry wages.
Yeah it's like a 90's priced pick and mix :D I want me a DM.

It's certainly interesting the way it's heading, as you say agents will make hay while they can. Shame as I'd rather their influence be minimised not increased.

lysglimt

Scout
That’s £392 k per week over 5 years plus the sign on, which makes it £431 k/week if we include that.
I am really amazed that he has seen the contract and can state exactly what Varane is earning. Because if Varane only made £300k a week - the total cost would be about the same as Pepe - which wouldn't have the story quite as good for him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.