Raphael Varane

Makelele

Ending his career? He is 28!
For heavens sake he is in his prime. We don’t need a 21 year old that needs time. This guy is the finished article. Weird comment
Actually he is just about to enter his prime IMO. Great buy for most teams. Reminds me a little of Carvalho.

Makelele

He’s a very good footballer but I don’t think he’s a very good centre back. He lacks all of the physical & aerial attributes needed, particularly in the PL. The type who would look mustard in La Liga for Barca then get exposed badly in the CL.
Needs to be paired with the right player. He would be amazing next to Maguire IMO.

Real Madras

Actually he is just about to enter his prime IMO. Great buy for most teams. Reminds me a little of Carvalho.
He’s a top player and would instantly improve us tenfold. I think we have enough youngsters coming through. It’s time to buy at the top end of the market if we want to get to the next level. If we want to win the PL next season we really need to show some intent in the market.

mu4c_20le

Personally I think his prime was 2016-2019. Still want him though. He should have another 2-3 good years at the highest level, and I'd rather we sign quality rather than another will he/won't he like Bailly and Lindelof.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well why do we play two defensive midfielders who's job is to just sit in front of him and maguire then? Then that forces us to ludicrously play pogba on the wing etc.
Playing two midfielders is on Ole and he can't be responsible for it. Even if you give VVD to Ole he would still play 2 box to box.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Under rated? He's doesn't excel at anything.

Is he quick? No
Is he strong? No
Is he good in the air? No
Is he a leader? No

The only aspect of Lindelof's game that is adequate or better is that he's pretty decent on the ball most of the time. That's about it.
He is positionally good , composed and reasonable on tackle as well. Yes, not the best CB we can get but he is much better than what people think here. If you are willing to give credit to our defense this season, Lindelof was part of it. Take that however way you want !

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Needs to be paired with the right player. He would be amazing next to Maguire IMO.
We've had enough "needs the right partner", "needs to play in a different position", "needs legs around him" merchants over the last few years thank you.

We've had enough "needs the right partner", "needs to play in a different position", "needs legs around him" merchants over the last few years thank you.
but if we’ve already got the right partner in place as @Makelele says, then that’s pretty irrelevant?

whether that’s the case or not… I don’t know.