Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

that would suck if he chose Madrid as he's honestly my first choice to partner Maguire plus it may hinder us from potentially selling Pogba to PSG which needs to happen.

I'm not sold on Torres for the premier league or Jules Kounde. It'll put us right back to the starting point trying to find a CB who's got the goods to handle playing at Old Trafford.
Could Marquinhos potentially be heading for the exit door hence the interest in Varane as a replacement?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Could Marquinhos potentially be heading for the exit door hence the interest in Varane as a replacement?
I can't see Marquinhos leaving anytime soon. He's happy, settled, the captain of the club, and wants to win there. PSG also will not let him go.

croadyman

that would suck if he chose Madrid as he's honestly my first choice to partner Maguire plus it may hinder us from potentially selling Pogba to PSG which needs to happen.

I'm not sold on Torres for the premier league or Jules Kounde. It'll put us right back to the starting point trying to find a CB who's got the goods to handle playing at Old Trafford.
Yeah proper worried that these two are seen as behind Lindelof in the pecking order

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So will Kimpembe bow out of the first XI as his national team partner joins? Would be a huge coup for PSG, although Madrid fans are dreaming of this meaning Varane+cash for Mbappe.

Such a shame really. Thought he'd just renew, but since he's not, that we're not in the running, as we need a bona fide top level centre back, with pace.

croadyman

So will Kimpembe bow out of the first XI as his national team partner joins? Would be a huge coup for PSG, although Madrid fans are dreaming of this meaning Varane+cash for Mbappe.

Such a shame really. Thought he'd just renew, but since he's not, that we're not in the running, as we need a bona fide top level centre back, with pace.
Least we tried and can't ask for any more than that, clearly if the offer wasn't there to go back to France then think we would have been in the driving seat but much like Di Maria I fear they were always his first choice

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If he's PSG bound, would make sense why they went for Aurier. Money better spent here.

Judas

Open to offers
Aren't they fairly set with Kimpembe and Marquinhos?
Think they'd bench Kimpembe for him, but yeah you'd think so for a normal side, but it's PSG, plus the fee to buy him won't be that high. But if they want him, he'd surely go back there, being French etc. Plus its the sort of "challenge" his level of talent love.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We really should be doing everything we can to sign him.

bosskeano

Should try to get him. Will sort out our defensive problems.

We've been linked with him all summer and to a person we've all said he would be the best option next to Maguire. Just recently though it was mentioned that he's interested in going to PSG.

I think he'd start at PSG alongside Kimpembe and they'd move Marquinhos to CDM or go to a back 3

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
If he’s really looking for a new challenge, The Premier League should be whetting his whistle a lot more than Ligue Un with PSG.

bosskeano

If he’s really looking for a new challenge, The Premier League should be whetting his whistle a lot more than Ligue Un with PSG.
He's also 28 and French. He'll win the league for PSG and he'll make a big paycheck just like he was going to make at United. He's more assured of winning trophies in Paris than he is in Manchester due to the league.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He's also 28 and French. He'll win the league for PSG and he'll make a big paycheck just like he was going to make at United. He's more assured of winning trophies in Paris than he is in Manchester due to the league.
What’s a League title at PSG worth?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
PSG's future success really depends on Mbappe and I don't think he'll be staying for much longer, if they lose him it's a one man show (Neymar)

RUCK4444

PSG's future success really depends on Mbappe and I don't think he'll be staying for much longer, if they lose him it's a one man show (Neymar)
They will do everything in their power ($$$$$$$) to keep him, doubt he moves soon. Maybe when he's 25 or similar age.

They will just throw money at him and his family to stay imo.

RedDevilRoshi

They will do everything in their power ($$$$$$$) to keep him, doubt he moves soon. Maybe when he's 25 or similar age.

They will just throw money at him and his family to stay imo.
He’s in a similar position to both his French teammates Pogba & Varane in terms of holding all the cards in his court as his contract expires next summer.

Plus he’s slightly hinted about leaving PSG before.

RUCK4444

He’s in a similar position to both his French teammates Pogba & Varane in terms of holding all the cards in his court as his contract expires next summer.

Plus he’s slightly hinted about leaving PSG before.
Yeah I think he prefers a move a away from PSG, I just think that at the end of the day PSG will make it impossible to say no through $$

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm not sure I agree, because I think PSG's main problem is they are a two-men show, so top heavy. If you free up Mbappe's wages, and build a stronger surrounding cast around Neymar or even one that can succeed when he inevitably gets injured, PSG can become a stronger team.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The caf's opinion swings very quickly. :lol:
I think few people actually seem to form an opinion for themselves these days, which is the issue here. People can’t be bothered to assess and process on their own, so many prefer a pre-packaged opinion that they can just adopt. If it sounds like it makes sense, they’ll just go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.