Raphinha | Barca player

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s the ‘right profile’ you want in a winger — he’s very nippy, and he works extremely hard in that Bielsa set up.

Not just a winger who wants G/As, he has a bit of balance to him the other way.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I want an enormous amount of money for him. I can't see us holding onto the guy given the season we're having but we've got to make whoever gets him pay through the nose.

telstar96

He looks like such a complete winger. Offers a lot in terms of goals/assists plus in the build up and on the defensive side. He provides width, which we so desperately need right now.

Despite signing Sancho, United still lack any presence on the right side of the pitch. Sancho and Greenwood will not offer width, so we're often left with AWB having to take a lot of responsibility for any attacking threat on the right side. Obviously, this is not AWB strong suit and it is hurting him as a player and United as a team. That's why signing a player like Raphinha would definitely help balance the team out and bring out the best of AWB and the other players in our team.

According to transfermarkt, his value is £28.8m (https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/raphinha/profil/spieler/411295). So I think realistically a bid in the area £30-50m is a fair reflection of his value. Considering Raphinha is Premier League proven and given what he would bring to the team, I think he would be a great acquisition at that price range.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If I was coming as Newcastle manager, this guy would be first on my list. Absolute class.
Could see him do well at Anfield too.
Agreed, big fan of his.

Will be at a big club very soon i'm sure of it.

redrobed

Give Leeds 40m and tell them if they don’t take it that was our final offer for him. Stop messing about.

NoPace

If I was coming as Newcastle manager, this guy would be first on my list. Absolute class.
Could see him do well at Anfield too.
Leicester have been crying out for a left-footed RW since Mahrez left as well, could see him being their big purchase and Maddison going to Newcastle instead.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Leicester have been crying out for a left-footed RW since Mahrez left as well, could see him being their big purchase and Maddison going to Newcastle instead.
I doubt he’d head to Leicester. Arsenal just about. They pay top 4 wages.. If it wasn’t for salah he’d already be at Liverpool. He can get 10 goals and 10 assists for a middling team. He could be filthy in a dominant team. Not to be sniffed at but we’ve loads of attackers…

Varun

Staff
Gotta love the 30mil take it or leave it offer suggestions. They aren't mugs you know.

Paul_Scholes18

Will he stand a chance to play for Bayern in the big games? They have so many good attackers!

RooneyLegend

He'll be brilliant for them. Not that surprising given Bayern are extremely well run and just know what they're doing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he’s absolutely class. The Brazil rumours are often not true but he’s definitely good enough for a big club.

Reminds me of all the doubts about Mahrez. People said he couldn’t step up and it was just Leicester suited him. heh.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Can’t believe we only sold him for 20M

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
How is he overrated for 50m? Only 10m more than VdB, and 20m more than James.
You'd be lucky to even get Adama Traore for that price.

I think that's a sweet deal.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Can’t believe we only sold him for 20M
You sold a unproven player to a french team for 20m. He spent his time developing and proving his quality in two different set ups and is finally leaving for 50m after 3 years. You did fairly good business.

RUCK4444

I wouldn't. They might get every penny back for selling Coman (presumably to PSG in the summer).
I wouldn’t say Coman is worse than Raphina though. And I don’t think many will risk £50 mill on Coman with his previous injury record.

I don’t think that strengthens Bayern if that’s the plan.

He could have course kick on and improve a lot there but we’ll see.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Are they selling to fund purchases? If not, they’re taking themselves one step closer to relegation.

SAFMUTD

Selling Rapinha for 50M after spending 30M on Daniel James doesn't seems the smartest thing to do.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He’s quality and would do well at any side in the league.

NoPace

I wouldn’t say Coman is worse than Raphina though. And I don’t think many will risk £50 mill on Coman with his previous injury record.

I don’t think that strengthens Bayern if that’s the plan.

He could have course kick on and improve a lot there but we’ll see.
They're very different stylistically. Coman is the better creator and Raphinha the better goalscorer. So might depend on who replaces Lewandowski (target man good for Coman, otherwise good for Raphinha).

Apparently they might just keep Coman and have all 4 wingers. They don't have an obvious backup 9 (though might replace Lewandowksi with 2 of them you'd figure, since normal players who aren't him miss more than 1 or 2 league games a season) so Gnabry could get minutes there too.

I think there's a chance Raphinha might be a proper feck off star. He's electric and doing well for Brazil too.