Raphinha | Barca player

RooneyLegend

He's certainly sloppy and rather weak on the ball. He isn't helped by one of the strangest systems seen by mankind. He's not selfish though, no idea where that comes from. I think in a more compact system with an overlapping fullback and midfielders who are interested in playing in actual midfield he could be exactly what we need. He's certainly far more a winger than anything we have at the club outside of Sancho and lord knows we need wingers.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Agreed. Think he'd be a wonderful addition but not sure if our fans have the patience.
Don't think fans' patience are matter anyway. Someone as talented as Nani will be all fans' preference over what we are currently have on the wing.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Can't wait to see '0 IQ' posts if we sign him. 69% pass completion, less than 50% dribble success rate.

His pass completion is in bottom 5%, dribble completion is in bottom 12% which means his thread will be full of "he can't play in Pep team" "he doesn't know when to take risk" "0 IQ, lacks intelligence" posts.

Bwuk

Does Raphinha have Nanis acceleration?

We could do with a prime Nani in this side.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Last season he scored 6 goals (no penalty) and 9 assists with 9.52 xA (4th highest xA in PL).

This season he scored 10 goals (3 penalties) and 2 assists with 3.73 xA (ranked 14th in PL).

Looks like he already showed that he can play in PL. If this type of player goes to Liverpool, I’ll be worried. Bruno also rated him highly.

Josh 76

Leeds to go down. Double swoop for Phillips and Raphinha. Reckon it could be wrapped up for 60m.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would much rather Antony from Ajax personally, who I feel is a bigger talent, if we were going to sign a RW this summer.

Relfy

He is a good player and would be a good addition to our team without breaking the bank too much. Mates with Bruno also I think so get it done lads.

OmarUnited4ever

I like him as a RW option, left footed, and very dynamic, runs a lot, and works his socks off too (surprised to see him not start yesterday tbf!), if Leeds go down, he won't stay with them, so we might be able to get him on a reasonable fee, but if they stay, I bet they would demand a big fee, closer to 70M probably

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
One of Leeds’ best players would never go to “the scum”.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would much rather Antony from Ajax personally, who I feel is a bigger talent, if we were going to sign a RW this summer.
Me too. He's lightening quick.

I've already posted it in this thread but Raphinha's 64% passing accuracy would drive me up the wall. Him and Bruno in one side wouldn't be sustainable in games where we're not on endless counter/transitions. Very good player in his own right, though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Leeds talk is they want to keep him until Jan 2023 as he'll likely be in Brazil WC squad so price could double if he has good tournament.

Can't happen of course if they get relegated.

He'll be playing for a CL club somewhere next season, contract is actually up in 2024.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Me too. He's lightening quick.

I've already posted it in this thread but Raphinha's 64% passing accuracy would drive me up the wall. Him and Bruno in one side wouldn't be sustainable in games where we're not on endless counter/transitions. Very good player in his own right, though.
I don’t have a problem with a lower average passing accuracy from one of the front 3, but Raphinha will not offset it with 20+ goals either, so I don’t think I’d be happy to accept it from him.

I do think in that particular role, you need to be one or the other, either a goal machine like Salah, or a creative player who helps the whole team play better, like a Sancho or Silva. Or you can be both like Messi! But Raphinha is neither, he just looks quite good while doing it, but I’m not sure he’s good enough for the very best clubs, although I’d need to watch some more of him.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
One of Leeds’ best players would never go to “the scum”.
They're 5 points above the relegation zone...there are circumstances that could force Leeds.

Also, if Leeds through and through Alan Smith can make the move, Raphinha can :lol:

Polar

Raphinha is a great player and reminds me a little bit about Mahrez. Leeds and Raphinha didn’t have a great day yesterday, but he still oozed quality. It’s something about his play, attitude and moves I really like. Would be super happy if he joins us.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, he looks very talented and impressive whenever I watched him in CL. Hopefully we sign him and ETH.