Raphinha | Barca player

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Barca seems to be signing lots and lots of attacking players. Traore, Aubameyang, Torres, Raphinha and that's although they also have Fati, Depay and Gavi (and if things continue, I wouldn't rule out that Dembele extends as well?).

Seems a bit much to me. Though the signings seem to be much more reasonable and considerate than their galactico era.

José Mateus

Supports
Benfica
Funny that this player spent a few seasons in Portugal without making much of an impact... At the time it seemed that Sporting was making a great deal with his selling

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I mean, we certainly won't be able to keep him but I hope we're in a secure enough financial position to tell Barcelona to get to feck at that price.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
If Salah is really offski this summer then we need to go full tilt on Raphina. He has the feels of another Luis Diaz.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If Salah is really offski this summer then we need to go full tilt on Raphina. He has the feels of another Luis Diaz.
Raphina is going to be hot property. Be interesting to see if you'll get involved as typically FSG avoid bidding wars.

Stadjer

Barca seems to be signing lots and lots of attacking players. Traore, Aubameyang, Torres, Raphinha and that's although they also have Fati, Depay and Gavi (and if things continue, I wouldn't rule out that Dembele extends as well?).

Seems a bit much to me. Though the signings seem to be much more reasonable and considerate than their galactico era.
I wouldnt be suprised if they tried to sell Memphis. They got him on a free transfer and if they manage to sell him for 25m or more i assume they make a nice little profit if you consider his wages and sign on fee. He would be a good signging for most premier league clubs and 25m isnt that much for a premier league club. Only question is if Memphis wants to leave Barcelona.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

I think Depay will not follow and Traoré has an option to buy for €30M, so his continuity is not certain.
Gavi is a midfielder although he can play for LW.

Fati - Auba - Torres, only those 3 follow 100%. The others depend on many factors.

Fati - Isak/Haaland. - Torres
(Abde) - (Aubameyang) - (Rapinha)

Something like this would be a luxury but for the moment far from possible.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

if Barcelona bring in Raphinha, then they may not make Traore loan permanent.

flameinthesun

Raphina is just one of many talented players that for some reason wasn't picked up by a big club. Makes you realise just how much talent is out there in different countries and also weaker leagues if you have an eye for it. Another example being Diaz at liverpool, don't think any big teams were really looking at him. Its why im more of a fan of us implementing a style of football and recruiting 30-50mil players that fit that profile rather than spending 70+ on sure things that most of the time turn out to be anything but a sure thing.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I just hope Leed United can stand firm and won't accept the low ball offer from Barcelona. They can get at least 50M for him.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Raphina is just one of many talented players that for some reason wasn't picked up by a big club. Makes you realise just how much talent is out there in different countries and also weaker leagues if you have an eye for it. Another example being Diaz at liverpool, don't think any big teams were really looking at him. Its why im more of a fan of us implementing a style of football and recruiting 30-50mil players that fit that profile rather than spending 70+ on sure things that most of the time turn out to be anything but a sure thing.
Undoubtedly. Any well run team should be doing this, and many are.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Raphina is going to be hot property. Be interesting to see if you'll get involved as typically FSG avoid bidding wars.
It's the crazy times we live in when we can practically outbid Barcelona. :lol: And like you said we don't do bidding wars. We just expect the player to turn up to work under Klopp on Monday. :D

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Undoubtedly. Any well run team should be doing this, and many are.
Spending big money on players is not the problem. Like Neymar and Mbappe kind of signing for over 200M and 500k a week. The issue is spend money on the wrong player. Man Utd has the revenue to bring in proven super star and pay the big salary. It is absolutely fine.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
It's the crazy times we live in when we can practically outbid Barcelona. :lol: And like you said we don't do bidding wars. We just expect the player to turn up to work under Klopp on Monday. :D
A) Well it isn't Barca so much but other PL clubs and possibly someone like PSG (although not seen links to PSG.)

B) As much as it pains me, it does seem a little like that!

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, this.

The reality is that there are plenty of excellent players around and that with a few exceptions like Mbappe or VVD the differences in quality among those excellent players are pretty minimal compared to the value of having a group of excellent players who fit the same system and have the right mentality for a manager that knows what they're doing. SAF certainly knew this as well as anybody.

romufc

I totally agree with this. Look at the players like Nkunku and the like who can be the same. unfortunately, our club from top to bottom operates in a big money, who is on form signings.

Our scouts do not have the expertise to find such talent, instead we are recommended £50m AWB, £80m Maguire, £40m Donny, £30m Diallo and the list goes on and on.

If we improved our scouting and there was a philosophy from our clubs board to say in each position, this is the type of player we are looking for, I am sure we can find gems.

Instead we go with the square pegs round holes option.

RedDevil@84

That aint fun. We only want big price players on silly salaries. I doubt if the club admins will approve scout reports from smaller leagues.

For example, it is absolutely unbelievable that we could not find a small priced DM of decent quality in Jan.

Tavern in the town

He’s not that good. The idea is much better than the reality. If people think Bruno loses possession cheaply wait til we have them both in the side.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Raphinha sounds like the type of player that would thrive if he joined like Liverpool. If he won’t cost to much then we should take a gamble… PL proven, left footed right winger… he’ll bring us balance and will compliment sancho on the other side. He’d bring goals and assists under ten Hag.

Tavern in the town

Raphinha sounds like the type of player that would thrive if he joined like Liverpool. If he won’t cost to much then we should take a gamble… PL proven, left footed right winger… he’ll bring us balance and will compliment sancho on the other side. He’d bring goals and assists under ten Hag.
He wouldn’t thrive at Liverpool because he’s the opposite to the type of wide player they like. He doesn’t have raw pace and doesn’t operate primarily as a goal scorer. He also wouldn’t complement Sancho because they’re both creative/ball to feet footballers, we need at least one runner out wide.

NewYorkRed

Not pacy enough. Very good player don’t get me wrong but we need some pace in our side. Need someone like a Nani, ideally just a tad more consistent haha.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He wouldn’t thrive at Liverpool because he’s the opposite to the type of wide player they like. He doesn’t have raw pace and doesn’t operate primarily as a goal scorer. He also wouldn’t complement Sancho because they’re both creative/ball to feet footballers, we need at least one runner out wide.
What does he operate as?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
2 creative wingers + Fernandes = tons of goals for Ronaldo:) get What your saying though we do need pace in the side.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Ah, the guy that Bayern signed for €60m in January 2022 according to credible journalists.

Tavern in the town

Odd he gets so few assists compared to goals, in that case. I don't watch Leeds, I'm not being cute here. I only know him from stats and highlights.
His xA is usually significantly higher than his xG. Think it’s skewed this season because Leeds have had Bamford injured all season.

BerryBerryShrew

25m relegation clause in his contract according to TalkSport and a load of foreign press.
This is the main reason we want him. I agree that he isn't the world beater he is being made out to be and that him and Bruno would require Ten Haag to really coach them properly, but you don't turn down a bargain. Half the price of Antony and PL proven to boot. That being said, I'd imagine Barca/Liverpool/Bayern will snap him up.