Raphinha | Barca player

ROFLUTION

Not pacy enough. Very good player don’t get me wrong but we need some pace in our side. Need someone like a Nani, ideally just a tad more consistent haha.
Raphinha isn't slow. Not sure where that myth comes from. He's no Ronaldo in his prime neither, but his pace doesn't hinder him nor the team I believe.

I do believe he'd be a great asset for us. We're missing out if he goes to Bayern/Barca

Jibbs

Will be a fantastic signing. He had amazing chemistry with Bruno at Sporting.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Definitely a signing I could get behind. Leeds won't sell to us though unless they go down.

Can't believe how people are acting over that Antony guy. He's had one half decent team in a very poor standard league and he's already our starting right winger in the minds of some folk on here.

telstar96

Whether you think he is world class or just average, there's no doubt that tactically he would be a great fit for United. Last summer we were crying out for a right winger who could keep width but we went and signed Sancho, who very much plays narrow. If Leeds were to go down, the reported £25m release clause is a great opportunity to finally get the player we need on the right. Even if it's just a stopgap, we'd be paying the same fee Leeds paid us for Dan James for a player 10x better.

Tavern in the town

This is the main reason we want him. I agree that he isn't the world beater he is being made out to be and that him and Bruno would require Ten Haag to really coach them properly, but you don't turn down a bargain. Half the price of Antony and PL proven to boot. That being said, I'd imagine Barca/Liverpool/Bayern will snap him up.
Think I’m starting to lean towards this line of thinking too. I don’t rate him massively but for 25m he’s pretty much guaranteed to be a decent squad player at worst. And he’s left footed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Definitely a signing I could get behind. Leeds won't sell to us though unless they go down.

Can't believe how people are acting over that Antony guy. He's had one half decent team in a very poor standard league and he's already our starting right winger in the minds of some folk on here.
Bearing in mind we haven't had a right winger for about a decade, anyone is an upgrade.

Even our 75m right winger Sancho turned out to be a left winger.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Can't say I'd prefer him to Antony. Antony is much faster (like someone said, compliments a baller like Sancho on the opposite wing), four years younger, and already up to speed with how ten Hag wants to play. And seems to not have negotiated a contract with Barca already.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Whether you think he is world class or just average, there's no doubt that tactically he would be a great fit for United. Last summer we were crying out for a right winger who could keep width but we went and signed Sancho, who very much plays narrow. If Leeds were to go down, the reported £25m release clause is a great opportunity to finally get the player we need on the right. Even if it's just a stopgap, we'd be paying the same fee Leeds paid us for Dan James for a player 10x better.
Good breakdown for people who're alittle unfamiliar to Raphina as a all-round player.
He certainly has some good attributes but, if he were to make a move to a bigger club, he really needs to kick-on in his development and fine tune his game and cut down on his erratic tendencies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He will 100% want to leave and his he has a clause Leeds can't exactly stop him.

We should sign him 100%. He's good enough to play for anybody

NewYorkRed

Raphinha isn't slow. Not sure where that myth comes from. He's no Ronaldo in his prime neither, but his pace doesn't hinder him nor the team I believe.

I do believe he'd be a great asset for us. We're missing out if he goes to Bayern/Barca
Never said he was slow. Just not fast enough. Same with Sancho, he’s not slow but he’s not electric. We need a pacy winger IMO. Miss seeing that in a United team so much.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I must admit, expecting the wrath of Caf here, but I've never been overly impressed or concerned about him whenever we've faced him and Leeds.
There's players out there, past and present, where you generally felt uncomfortable when they had the ball, even if they were 40 yards away from goal. Never felt that with him.

I don't think he's a particularly special player but, as I mentioned above, if he tones down on his weaknesses' ,while also portraying the same hunger up and down the pitch, he could become a very good cog in a promising side.

Frank Grimes

Can't say I'd prefer him to Antony. Antony is much faster (like someone said, compliments a baller like Sancho on the opposite wing), four years younger, and already up to speed with how ten Hag wants to play. And seems to not have negotiated a contract with Barca already.
I'd prefer Bowen over both of them.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Odd he gets so few assists compared to goals, in that case. I don't watch Leeds, I'm not being cute here. I only know him from stats and highlights.
He has Dan James in the box as the main target to aim for. Their only striker has been injured all season pretty much.

I'd take Raphinha without hesitation but I think he's going to Barcelona.

I remember seeing stats that his off the ball work was by far the best in the league in terms of pressing. He'd stand out like a sore thumb amongst these lazy bastards

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I must admit, expecting the wrath of Caf here, but I've never been overly impressed or concerned about him whenever we've faced him and Leeds.
There's players out there, past and present, where you generally felt uncomfortable when they had the ball, even if they were 40 yards away from goal. Never felt that with him.

I don't think he's a particularly special player but, as I mentioned above, if he tones down on his weaknesses' ,while also portraying the same hunger up and down the pitch, he could become a very good cog in a promising side.
You have to take into consideration the team he was playing in, Bielsas bat shit tactics and the players around him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

First time we played them in the 6-3 he tore us to pieces.

He didn't actually start the away game but was the catalyst to get them back into the game this year.

He's really good.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'd prefer Bowen over both of them.
He's been great for West Ham, and will likely end up some place higher, but I'd definitely prefer Antony. Bowen would cost the same, if not more, given he's tied down at West Ham who have been playing hardball with Rice. Again, Antony is four years younger, but already a key player for ten Hag (not just against Dutch teams, but in the CL).

userman

Raphinha is a steal at the reported £25m if Leeds gets relegated. He would absolutely strengthen our starting 11, no doubt about it. And, beggars can't be choosers.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Not pacy enough. Very good player don’t get me wrong but we need some pace in our side. Need someone like a Nani, ideally just a tad more consistent haha.
I’d have said he’s faster than Nani. Nani was hardly a speed merchant!

SAF is the GOAT

I'm pretty sure that he'll want to go to Barcelona and his agent(Deco) would want to drag him there.

But in the other end Barca don't have the money to bring him in with Lewa and pay wages to their players.

Frank Grimes

He's been great for West Ham, and will likely end up some place higher, but I'd definitely prefer Antony. Bowen would cost the same, if not more, given he's tied down at West Ham who have been playing hardball with Rice. Again, Antony is four years younger, but already a key player for ten Hag (not just against Dutch teams, but in the CL).
Bowen is still young and is probably more versatile than Antony( who I must admit I've never watched play). I just love Bowen's never stop attitude, guy is a workhorse but also has quality.

Antony looks a bit windy, would probably prefer Raphinha over him of I had the choice.

RC89

For £25m it's a no brainer. Heck, a Dan James costs more than that these days.

RC89

I’d have said he’s faster than Nani. Nani was hardly a speed merchant!
Nani was very quick, probably not quite as quick as Valencia, but then Nani wasn't the kick and rush type either to really run at full pelt.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
One wonders how they're affording him. They're not allowed to register players no?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Deferred wages until 2027 probably. He'll be living off his Leeds wages for a while I think :lol:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Wait... so Barca don't have player names on their jerseys yet because they expect to sell some more and to reshuffle the numbers?