Raphinha - Now on deferred wages at Barca / UNLUCKY LuckyScout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeryis

Where's Werner going? I'd still take him at United.

You have to joking, right? Are you a Liverpool agent?

I really think we'd look amazing with a forward that has that much movement, even if obviously he's not particularly clinical. Ten Hag would love him.
I swear some of you secretly hate this club. Yes, his work rate is fantastic and he's got great energy and enthusiasm. But uh...his technique is shite. The poor bloke doesn't have a first touch, he can't dribble in any conceivable manner except for running in a straight line, he's an awful passer, he's got no vision, and he can't finish. It doesn't matter if he's got great movement, he's shite in everything else. Why take in a player that has miserably failed in another top 6 club? I know we haven't won anything in over half a decade but for fecks sakes mate, we should still have some standards and not go for our rivals' complete and utter rejects.

Last edited:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Barca can’t even register free transfers like Christensen because they’re so skint and have had to slash the wages of all their high earners recently but they’re going to find £60m to sign Raphinha?

Regardless, would make us look super amateurish if we bid for a player without knowing first that he actually wanted to come. usually you would get the go ahead by the player that they fancied the move and then you talk with the selling club. Bidding £60m, agreeing the fee with Leeds, and then having the player say he prefers Barca would be embarrassing.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Barca can’t even register free transfers like Christensen because they’re so skint and have had to slash the wages of all their high earners recently but they’re going to find £60m to sign Raphinha?

Regardless, would make us look super amateurish if we bid for a player without knowing first that he actually wanted to come. usually you would get the go ahead by the player that they fancied the move and then you talk with the selling club. Bidding £60m, agreeing the fee with Leeds, and then having the player say he prefers Barca would be embarrassing.
You underestimate Barcelona's engineers. They can design, push and pull levers like nobody else.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
That feckre Romero has to be one of the most shit stirring journos out there, proper respects to the fella :lol:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He genuinely has no clue and yet you see everyone believing his word like its gospel.
The Bastard does seem to have some legitimate contacts as he was the first to break the de jon story i think.

However it Doesn't make him any leas of a shit stirrer :lol:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The main issue with this Rafinha deal from a United perspective is what the fee does to the evaluation of Antony, giving that Ajax are already reluctant to sell after losing so many bodies, the latter starts ahead of the former for their national team and is younger. No wonder we're now hearing noises of Ajax wanting £80m for Antony. Bit annoying really. We should have had that deal wrapped up before the markets started moving if Antony, as we're lead to believe is our number one RW target.
I am not sure why it would put Antony’s price up. Raphinha is more developed and PL proven, which rightly or wrongly adds a premium. Antony shouldn’t go for more than him, especially with him only having experience in the Dutch league. So if Raphinha goes for 55m, that should help us in our pursuit of Antony - if it has any effect at all. Which it probably doesn’t.

Sancho definitely has more potential than Raphinha and was 21 when we bought him. Grealish, do you think he was worth that? I do not. Pretty shit transfer so far.

Raphinha is good, but definitely not as good as people here make him out to be. Plus, he will be 26 next year. I think Chelsea are overpaying quite a bit.
Good god! 26 you say? He must be retiring soon. Chelsea getting fleeced.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Now this is what you clowns call a ‘transfer saga’.

Josep Dowling

United should be in for him at £55m. 11 goals in 35 games from the wing is exactly what we need. Has league experience . I think it’s crazy we are not linked with him whilst still being linked with Anthony for more money.

Skills

Snitch
United should be in for him at £55m. 11 goals in 35 games from the wing is exactly what we need. Has league experience . I think it’s crazy we are not linked with him whilst still being linked with Anthony for more money.
He's way too careless with the ball.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
And you're basing that off of a disaster season for the club rather than the previous years he looked like one of the best in the world at Dortmund.... ok.
I’m basing it on what we’ve seen of each player in the PL.

Many players excel in other leagues and fail to do so in the PL.

Thus far, Raphinha has proven himself as a better player in the PL than Sancho.

Each player has played under 2 different managers in the PL, and in both cases Raphinha far outperforms Sancho.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
2 hijacks in as many days

Someone call the police
It's suspiscious that it involves two clubs that have had their negotiators stuck in the same room for an entire month. Coincidence, I think not!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Chelsea a miles better option than Barca right now. I'm not the biggest fan of him anyway, but if it means Chelsea get Dembele AND they get him playing to his potential, they win this situation. Barca are fecking nuts if you ask me.
Playing for Barcelona and Madrid seems a lifelong dream for most South Americans though.
Playing for Chelsea, not so much.

Bobski

What are Barca doing? Their transfer policy seems a bit bizaare in recent years bringing in guys like Depay, De Jong, Christiansen, Raphinha, Aubameyang, guys who are decent players, good even but not much more and with little chance they will develop, or old. Bit like Utd in recent years.

Have people stopped pretending that Adama Traore is a top player as well? They aren't going to make deal permanent are they?

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

Can someone please clarify this for me once and for all? Do potential buyers first contact the player's agent or the club? What constitutes "tapping up"?

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Can someone please clarify this for me once and for all? Do potential buyers first contact the player's agent or the club? What constitutes "tapping up"?
Technically speaking you‘re of course not allowed to speak to players directly. But I mean….come on. Agents will be speaking on behalf of their clients behind the scenes nonstop.

I find it incredibly unlikely that we will have bid such a gigantic amount of money in a player without first checking that he was open to the move. At least I hope so. Clown show if not.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Hmm

I think I'd
feck Raphinha
Marry Deco
Kill Antony

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Technically speaking you‘re of course not allowed to speak to players directly. But I mean….come on. Agents will be speaking on behalf of their clients behind the scenes nonstop.

I find it incredibly unlikely that we will have bid such a gigantic amount of money in a player without first checking that he was open to the move. At least I hope so. Clown show if not.
A ridiculous rule no one follows - got it. Thanks

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

According to Ben Jacobs, Raphinha is open to moving to Chelsea but he also has to make his mind up since he has multiple proposals. His issue is only one club has an agreement with Leeds, and as long as that’s the case, he doesn’t really have a choice. Chelsea supposedly have a meeting with Deco tomorrow, so no doubt we’ll hear more soon.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Wages will be the key to this. Chelsea will offer him more than the rest.
Apparently we’ve only offered 115k a week. Which in this day and age seems tiny for a top player. If reports are to be believed we’re currently paying Werner more than double that.

Barca and Arsenal can probably easily match 115k per week. Whether they’ll pay the £65m fee Leeds want is another story.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
That feckre Romero has to be one of the most shit stirring journos out there, proper respects to the fella :lol:
Some seem to consider him reliable, others say he is a sensationalist and does talk a whole load of shit sometimes.

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Apparently we’ve only offered 115k a week. Which in this day and age seems tiny for a top player. If reports are to be believed we’re currently paying Werner more than double that.

Barca and Arsenal can probably easily match 115k per week. Whether they’ll pay the £65m fee Leeds want is another story.
Be funny if the de Jong fee helps Barca get Raphinha. Rather see him outside the PL if not coming to us

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Some seem to consider him reliable, others say he is a sensationalist and does talk a whole load of shit sometimes.
He seems to be both, definitely has some insider contacts in barca though as he was the first one that broke the Christiansen and kessie stories.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Be funny if the de Jong fee helps Barca get Raphinha. Rather see him outside the PL if not coming to us
Not unrealistic at all, actually. If that happens I hope we get Dembele who I prefer to Raphinha anyways.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
There's a different price for us, especially from Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.