Raphinha - Now on deferred wages at Barca / UNLUCKY LuckyScout

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Leeds connection and Barca want him are probably the two main reasons

We absolutely need someone for our forward line though. We can't rely on the hope of Rashford regaining his best form or Greenwood returning when both seem slim at this point

Reynoldo

Was just thinking this last night, we should be but maybe the Leeds thing is the reason we are discouraged. For the rumoured price though we should be.

Bondi77

Can we shut this down as where will it end
There is absolutely no link with us.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The Leeds connection :lol: :houllier:

People are absolutely obsessed with this myth. I can think of at least 2 iconic United players who we brought from Leeds. Cantona and Ferdinand.
How could you forget the mercurial alan Smith!!!

Grande

People are absolutely obsessed with this myth. I can think of at least 2 iconic United players who we brought from Leeds. Cantona and Ferdinand.
I could add Gordon McQueen and Joe Jordan, two very good contributors for United. (Though McQueen AFAIK received death threats). It was back in the jolly day when playing a few exciting FA cup finals was enough to stave off people from wanting the entire team’s heads on platters.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Thanks Sultan, was thinking the other day that I hadn't seen you around for a while. I trust all is good?
All good, buddy. I have been spending time abroad with our charity running girls' schools.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Strongest links are to Barcelona and Arsenal at the moment.

I like him, he’s one of the few good left footed right wing options out there. Wonder who will end up having the best year next season out of Antony, Raphinha, and Dembele

croadyman

Strongest links are to Barcelona and Arsenal at the moment.

I like him, he’s one of the few good left footed right wing options out there. Wonder who will end up having the best year next season out of Antony, Raphinha, and Dembele
Think Dembele goes to Chelsea as seems keen to work with Tuchel

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

And yet Kalvin Phillips ruled out a move to us because of it, yeah it's a real myth isn't it:houllier:

flappyjay

Add Smith who was supposed to be a Leeds boy.

sillwuka

The difference between Phillips and Raphinha is one is born and bred and the other probably doesn't care about the rivalry.

If Ten Hag wanted him and Barca were out of the picture, i think we'd wrap this up.

croadyman

The difference between Phillips and Raphinha is one is born and bred and the other probably doesn't care about the rivalry.

If Ten Hag wanted him and Barca were out of the picture, i think we'd wrap this up.
Yeah definitely would have a shot IF Barca weren't in for him, then again maybe he would still pick Antony as worked together before

Tavern in the town

Are Barcelona really any closer to winning the league or CL than we are?

Maybe a year ahead of us, I suppose.
They’re playing in a league where it’s much easier to make top 4 (and subsequently remain attractive to players), and also a league in which they aren’t going to need 95ish points to win. They have an easier task than us.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I don't know if he has an attitude problem but Raph looks class. Would make a great Salah replacement.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really like him. Skill mixed with speed and hard work. It seems we're going for Antony but I think i'd go for Raphinha now if we could.

He seems very 'leeds' though so I doubt he'd come out of respect.

Mainoldo

They needed the money, parachute payments werent a thing then.
They needed the money? As in they wouldn’t of sold to us otherwise? I find that hard to believe after numerous and continued good business between the two sides?

I think we get lost in the fan rivalry. It doesn’t exist at C2C. Probably similar to an Arsenal. Business will always be done. For whoever it is.

mu4c_20le

What relevance does that add?
He wanted to go and I don't remember much, if any, competition for him back then. And we were the top dogs in the country with the best manager, easy decision. Raphinha has a list of suitors, on top of them Barcelona.

Mainoldo

He wanted to go and I don't remember much, if any, competition for him back then. And we were the top dogs in the country with the best manager, easy decision. Raphinha has a list of suitors, on top of them Barcelona.
Agreed. But don’t think he’d turn us down because of a rivalry. He’ll just prefer to play elsewhere.

RC89

They needed the money? As in they wouldn’t of sold to us otherwise? I find that hard to believe after numerous and continued good business between the two sides?

I think we get lost in the fan rivalry. It doesn’t exist at C2C. Probably similar to an Arsenal. Business will always be done. For whoever it is.
This was definitely a thing back back then. Smith confirmed as much.

Blood Mage

Barca will buy him with the FDJ money. Shame as he'd be the best attacking signing we could make IMO but I'd be happy with Antony instead.

Mainoldo

This was definitely a thing back back then. Smith confirmed as much.
Did we not also try to sign Harry Kewell?

Please stop. There is no rivalry when it comes to buying and selling players to Leeds. Zero rivalry infact.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It must be said from a purely statistical perspective, his insanely low successful passing percentage could be a tactical issue — him and Fernandes playing “the ball is lava” might be a bit of a turnover nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.