Raphinha - Now on deferred wages at Barca / UNLUCKY LuckyScout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

He's gettable but I expect the manager is always going to favour Antony as he's worked with him. If you're a manager you'll take the known quantity more often than not, especially when he has a lot of potential.

Raphinha would set us back a lot in his own right. I don't think the Leeds thing is a serious obstacle in that the player wouldn't move here or the club wouldn't negotiate, it probably just means they'd set their stall out in a way they wouldn't with Barcelona to justify to their own fanbase that they're selling to Man Utd. That isn't advantageous for us so I don't think we'll be seeing us seriously in for him.

RC89

Did we not also try to sign Harry Kewell?

Please stop. There is no rivalry when it comes to buying and selling players to Leeds. Zero rivalry infact.
And he went to Liverpool at a time when there was no footballing reason for him to.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
It's like we're the go to club to link with to try and get more money for a player.

Redcy

He done a big interview saying he was a big Liverpool fan.
During that period every player who joined them came out and said that, it was a meme on here before memes were a thing

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
During that period every player who joined them came out and said that, it was a meme on here before memes were a thing
The caf created the concept of memes in 2006, I'll have you know.

Also stalking celebrities online, but memes, mostly.

Mainoldo

Well funny to see how things have gone round full circle. Now that we are the rubbish ones fans on here lap up the fact players have some love and affiliation to the club.

Thank you Ole era… every signing that summer was a United fan growing up or understood what it means to play for United. Maybe after FDJ blatantly not being fussed about the move that all stops and thank god.

Rojofiam

We should be all over him, but I don't see him coming here sadly. Would be fecking world class for us. Sancho - Fernandes - Raphinha with a good striker in front of them would be magic.

croadyman

We should be all over him, but I don't see him coming here sadly. Would be fecking world class for us. Sancho - Fernandes - Raphinha with a good striker in front of them would be magic.
I can live with missing out IF we get Antony

Dazzmondo

Not going to lie, he would definitely be my 2nd choice for an attacker after Nkunku (who it seems Leipzig are not prepared to sell). Don't really understand why we haven't seemed to show any interest in him. Looks like Barca's financial situation might have made the move impossible for them so potential should be there to get him. I know we're linked with Antony who is also talented but Raphinha is definitely at a higher level than him right now and has performed consistently in the PL for a very poor side. Considering there only seems to be about a £20m difference in price between the 2 I'd personally opt for Raphinha.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
But Raphinha is a lot more proven.
Not really. About the same international stature. Raphinha has shown it in the PL, Antony has shown it in the CL. One of the best player during the group stages full stop.

Would be happy with either.

redIndianDevil

He's proven his ceiling is below what utd require to take the next step.

Antony could flop but i feel if he turns it on we will go places.
How has he proven his ceiling is below?
Not really. About the same international stature. Raphinha has shown it in the PL, Antony has shown it in the CL. One of the best player during the group stages full stop.

Would be happy with either.
Sebastian Haller - struggled in the PL, tore shit up in the CL. Where we are right now, I'd take PL proven players.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Where the feck are Arsenal getting all this money from?
They’re selling Saka to City, he’s got 2 years left, not signing a new contract. City are shifting Sterling and Silva. I think a verbal agreement is already in place and they’re allowing arsenal to do their signings first, so they don’t have to pay inflated prices.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
They’re selling Saka to City, he’s got 2 years left, not signing a new contract. City are shifting Sterling and Silva. I think a verbal agreement is already in place and they’re allowing arsenal to do their signings first, so they don’t have to pay inflated prices.
Well that would be fecking miserable.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Do you write your fanfictions for free ? They're pretty good, you should open a Patreon or something.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I agreed that if Arsenal can't convince Saka to extend his contract Saka may leave next season. I highly doubt arsenal will sell Saka this summer.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
But seriously, where are you getting this cash from?
That is the question for Edu to answer. For me Arsenal needs to sell the loan army they had in the book before bring in any player. The loan player list is getting very long at the moment. Even Pepe, Leno need to go.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
But seriously, where are you getting this cash from?
It can only come from one place: KSE. If everything pans out, these 2 summer window will be exceptions rather than the norm. We've had to clear so much deadwood, we couldn't even field a team to play. :smirk:
EL + 5 subs rule + new US owner at Chelsea makes for a great dick measuring contest. They're also financing a refurbishing of the Emirates.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Where the feck are Arsenal getting all this money from?
From a cash flow perspective, probably an injection from KSE if necessary.

From an accounting and FFP perspective, mainly by dramatically resetting the wage bill over the last couple years. If the players expected to leave this summer (Bellerin, Leno, Pepe) go, we'll have only four players at 100k per week or more and only one of them (Partey) above 120k per week. I assume Jesus and Raphinha would both be above that number but probably not dramatically so.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That is the question for Edu to answer. For me Arsenal needs to sell the loan army they had in the book before bring in any player. The loan player list is getting very long at the moment. Even Pepe, Leno need to go.
It can only come from one place: KSE. If everything pans out, these 2 summer window will be exceptions rather than the norm. We've had to clear so much deadwood, we couldn't even field a team to play. :smirk:
EL + 5 subs rule + new US owner at Chelsea makes for a great dick measuring contest. They're also financing a refurbishing of the Emirates.
Fair enough, just didn't think your budget would be that big, but hey fair play.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
How has he proven his ceiling is below?

Sebastian Haller - struggled in the PL, tore shit up in the CL. Where we are right now, I'd take PL proven players.
He struggled in the PL not because the PL is some otherwordly league, West Ham had no idea how to play to his strength.

How well did PL proven Schneiderlin, Maguire, Lukaku etc work for us?

croadyman

Still think Barca could come in for him when Utd put up the money for De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.